View Poll Results: How do you rate this song?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll

25 16.56%

10 6.62%

16 10.60%

19 12.58%

15 9.93%

15 9.93%

11 7.28%

11 7.28%

10 6.62%

6 3.97%

13 8.61%
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: SLOVAKIA 2011 - TWiiNS - I'm Still Alive

1. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: SLOVENSKO - Slovakia 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Martin Kontúr from STV’s press team:

We’re expecting an announcement (about further details) in the next few days, probably at the beginning of next week, but for now all I can official say is that Slovakia will definitely take part in Eurovision 2011.”

Meanwhile, an article published today on aktualne.sk has said that participation in this year’s competition will cost in the region of €125.000, and hints that negotiations will continue with potential sponsors to finance both the national selection and participation. Other sources have claimed that Slovakia would have faced a fine if they chose to withdraw again, and so decided to enter, although these have yet to be verified. Broadcaster STV has been rolled into a new company called RTVS, merging the Slovak national television and radio companies as part of cost-cutting measures.

SOURCE
    Certainly a fine would be less than that right?

Afterall what did Azerbaijan get after all they did in 2009? like €5000 or something like that?

Anyway, I'm happy Slovakia are in though

I really liked their national selections, but I doubt they'll have time to arrange it for this year though.

2. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Do you mean Georgia?

3. Veteran
    Sweden

Do you mean Georgia?
    No Azerbaijan with this whole Armenia thing and police interrogations and all crazy-ness that was going on.

I think they got some very tiny fine after all that, not at all in proportion to what was happening though, just symbolic.

So I guess a fine for late withdrawal can't be that big then?

Did Georgia really get a fine btw? I don't remember they did.

4. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

There is a difference though between what Azerbaijan did vs withdrawal.
    I don't know if there is an additional fee on top of the original fee when withdrawing from the contest though.

It makes sense for Slovakia to participate since they already had to spend all that money which they won't get back. They should just go with an internal selection and hope for the best.

Georgia's withdrawal was a totally different animal cause they wanted to make a political statement and pretty much knew they would get disqualified but felt they got the message across.

5. Veteran
    Sweden

There is a difference though between what Azerbaijan did vs withdrawal.
    I don't know if there is an additional fee on top of the original fee when withdrawing from the contest though.

It makes sense for Slovakia to participate since they already had to spend all that money which they won't get back. They should just go with an internal selection and hope for the best.

Georgia's withdrawal was a totally different animal cause they wanted to make a political statement and pretty much knew they would get disqualified but felt they got the message across.
    Surely there's a difference, the Azeri thing would normally even lead to a banning of up to 3 years if EBU actually followed their own rules and regulations, so that was in a whole other league, but I just pointed out that if such a thing could give a minor fine, then I couldn't see withdrawals getting too much of a fine either.

Aha so they already PAID their fee then? Well then offcourse it's no use to withdraw obviously. Internal selection would be to prefer in this short period of time, I do hope they can come up with something good though.

I think Georgia got their reasons to be honest, but still it was EBU who didn't accept their entry, so I can't really remember they got a fine? But maybe they did.

Well thanks for clearing out the Slovakia case.

6. Veteran
    Sweden

Something like this maybe? This is a beautiful Slovakian song:

I still hope we'll hear that beautiful language in Eurovision.

7. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

I agree with the whole Azerbaijan situation and Georgia's song was disqualified but they could have sent another entry instead but chose to withdraw instead.

The only additional costs Slovakia has to face now are the hotel costs, travel expenses etc (I believe) not sure how significant of an investment that is.

The last song is amazing. Jana Kirschner would be perfect for ESC.

9. Legend
    Ukraine

According to STV officilas: "Probably there will be internal choice, though the terms and conditions of the selection hasn't been decided yet".

http://y2u.be/--K2qsJFX1w

10. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

this doesn't come as a surprise but as per eurovision.tv

This year, the national public broadcaster RTVS is trying a different approach: An expert jury will choose the representative for Düsseldorf internally. The result and, thus, the lucky artist who will get to represent Slovakia in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest, will be announced on February 18th.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast