View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll

47 22.49%

13 6.22%

22 10.53%

17 8.13%

23 11.00%

23 11.00%

13 6.22%

13 6.22%

11 5.26%

3 1.44%

24 11.48%
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NETHERLANDS 2011 - 3JS - Never Alone

Re: NEDERLAND - Netherlands 2011 - 3JS

I just heard it at Radio2, it's official by now: the 3JS will represent the Netherlands in Germany next year.
    I'll try to wait till the song is known to say anything about it, because "good singers" or something similar does not say anything about the chances at the Eurovision. It's all about the song, and the Netherlands are not known for their wonderful songs.

2. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Yeah, the only way we will find out is to wait for the song to come out. I am not too impressed, and I think they will hardly appeal to the juries as well (but again, depends on the song), although it is an improvement comparing to last year. I dunno, I have the feeling that the song will be some dated cheesy rubbish like the one De Toppers had

So, till I hear the song, I am neutral.
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

3. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

Yep, it's official. I have to do some research on their music. I would assume it's pop???

4. Admin Schmadmin
    United States

And the eurovision.tv article

The 3Js will represent the Netherlands in Germany, next year. The Netherlands is the second nation to reveal their 2011 Eurovision Song Contest participant. After Sieneke's defeat in the second Semi-Final in Oslo, just weeks ago, broadcaster TROS worked hard to quickly get their act together for next year.

The 3Js will produce five songs before the end of the year. A Nationaal Songfestival will take place in early 2011, during which the public (50%) and a professional jury (50%) will get to choose the song that they will take to Germany. The group is "eager to work with several producers" to give their potential entries a finishing touch.

During a radio show, the three group members Jan Dulles, Jaap Kwakman and Jaap de Witte announced their candidacy, and explained in few words why they decided to accept the offer to represent their country at the Eurovision Song Contest: "It's about the song again."

The 3Js, who started their band in 2002, got to the national stage in 2007, when their album Watermensen was successfully launched. Three of their albums made it to the top-10 of the Dutch charts, several singles did as well.

Im not happy but its not bad! Finally something decent, its folkpop/poprock imo lol and again something in our own language, yaay! They have a lot of boring songs though, BUT also a few good ones imo! I have hope and with a good song (lets wait for the songs please ) we will reach the final

Quote Originally Posted by Milos-BC
    Yeah, the only way we will find out is to wait for the song to come out. I am not too impressed, and I think they will hardly appeal to the juries as well (but again, depends on the song), although it is an improvement comparing to last year. I dunno, I have the feeling that the song will be some dated cheesy rubbish like the one De Toppers had

So, till I hear the song, I am neutral.
    Cheesy songs like the Toppers? That's not how I 'know' the 3JS so I don't expect that to happen.
    And if you're right after all, it's seriously time to change my citizenship.

7. Super Moderator
    Serbia

^^ lol, no need for that

I don't know their music apart from 1 or 2 songs that I've heard now, none of those were cheesy, but just like I said, I hope that the ESC one won't be cheesy either.
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

8. Administrator
    Croatia

I don't think it's a good choice but I'll wait for the songs
    (but I hope we won't see another De Toppers and Shalalie Shalala in the future on ESC )

9. Legend
    Spain

We have to wait for the songs but I don't like them very much. I do find them cheesy and also old-fashioned
    1- Portugal, 2- France, 3- Israel,4- Bulgaria, 5- Italy
    #SouthPower#Lisbon2018

10. Legend
    Ukraine

^ I was saying the same about Tom in the beginning and then I changed my mind after ESC
    we'll see.

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast