Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: FSC Sweden

1. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: FSC Sweden

FSC#111 - May 2018

Maja Amcoff
    Alltid som du vill

For this edition, Sweden is going back to the Swedish language again and is sending the catchy and somewhat quirky produced electro-Pop song Alltid som du vill (Always As You Want), performed by 17-year old newcomer to the Swedish Pop scene; Maja Amcoff. The track, which is Maja's debut single released in the summer of 2017, has a production somewhat resembling what you could hear in K-Pop, and it shouldn't maybe come to a surprise that many K-Pop songs are in fact produced by Swedish music production and songwriting teams.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

2. Veteran
    Sweden

Shocking results for this time around , I kind of expected a so so result based on that there was no pre-hype what so ever, but I'm still shocked to see that this edition marked the worst result for Sweden ever in FSC, was it really that bad!?

Oh well... I hope the reaction will be better in upcoming edition... and...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#111 - May 2018 edition

19 pts

... and a reprise of (my) Sweden's votes this edition:

3. Veteran
    Sweden

FSC#112 - June 2018

NoNoNo
    Masterpiece

For this June edition, Sweden is sending the Indie-Pop trio NoNoNo with the catchy and quirky indie-Pop track Masterpiece. The group, which consists of the members Stina Wäppling, Tobias Jimson and Michel Flygare, made their debut back in spring of 2013 with the single Pumpin Blood, which was later on followed by the same-titled debut EP released in early Autumn that year. Their debut single remains their commercially most successful one to date, charting close to the top. 20 on the American Billboard Alternative chart among others. In 2014 the band released their debut album titled We Are Only What We Feel. This FSC edition's entry for Sweden; Masterpiece, is the trio's first single in around three years and it's the first single from their upcoming album. The track was released in the end of August 2017 and has since been followed up by the single Friends, which was released earlier this spring.

LYRICS:

4. Veteran
    Sweden

... another mid-score underwhelming results for Sweden this edition, certainly better than the previous edition but worse than I expected and that it deserved imo. I expected a bit better at least considering this time around there seemed to be some pre-hype, oh well... maybe next time things will turn around for Sweden?

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in this edition

66 pts

Likes  94ayd liked this post

5. Veteran
    Sweden

FSC#113 - July 2018

Alcazar
    In the Name of Love

June and July are sometimes referred to as "Pride seasons" in different parts of the world where homosexuality isn't illegal due to the hosting of annual Pride festivals in various cities during these particular months and in the end of this month, Sweden will host the 25th annual EuoroPride and for this edition's FSC, we are entering the official EuroPride 2018 song In the Name of Love performed by the Disco-Pop trio Alcazar, a trio that celebrates 20 years as a group this year. For these two special occasions, I have chosen this entry. I hope you will enjoy this catchy Pop song and also see this as a reminder that, regardless of what we think about Pride as a concept, love is love and that there are many around the world; gay, straight and bi alike, that are unable to live their lives freely and choose their partners on their own.

PRESENTATION:

6. Veteran
    Sweden

FSC#114 - August 2018

Rhys
    Too Good to Be True

So we have a comeback for Sweden this time around, it's Pop singer and newcomer Rhys, who we last saw in FSC around a year ago when she ended up #5 with the entry Last Dance, will she manage to top that result this time around? Too Good to Be True is Rhys' third single, released back in 2017 and as a follow-up to Last Dance, sonically it's yet again a well-produced and catchy Pop song with a big and powerful chorus while following the theme of bittersweet love lyrics.

LYRICS:

7. Veteran
    Sweden

A little bit late... but nice to see Sweden finally back in the top. 10 again after nearly half a year of flops or mediocre results... so without further ado...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#114 - August 2018 edition

84 pts

8. Veteran
    Sweden

FSC#115 - September 2018

Paul Rey
    What Good is Love

For this September edition of FSC, Sweden is sending the 26-year old R&B/Soul/Pop singer Pauli Jokela aka Paul Rey. Jokela, who originally comes from the university town of Lund in the most southern region of Skane in Sweden, debuted as a rapper under the abbreviation P.J. back in 2012 with his debut album Makin' Moves, however it wasn't until he changed musical direction and signed with Epic Records in the USA and with the release of the EP Good as Hell in 2015, that he started to gain some attention.

This month's entry to the FSC, the gospel and soul inspired midtempo power Pop ballad What Good is Love, is Jokela's third single release under the Paul Rey pseudonym and was released in 2017, following the single All Falls Down. Jokela released his follow-up EP Note to Self earlier this year and we have to wait until a debut Paul Rey album will see the day of light, but until then let's enjoy this superb song and talented young aspiring singer.

LYRICS:

9. Veteran
    Sweden

Great to see Sweden achieving its second top. 3 position so far this year, our second best result so far this year and best result in 8 months

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#115 - September 2018

107 pts

10. Veteran
    Sweden

FSC#116 - October 2018

Sanna Nielsen
    Innan du lämnar mig

For this edition, we are slowing down the tempo and switching back to the Swedish language again with the comeback of Sanna Nielsen to the FSC. This is the second time the Schlager-Pop singer, Melodifestivalen-veteran and former Eurovision Song Contest contestant, is entered to the contest (following a top. 10 position back in February 2017 with the entry Dansar bort med någon annan) <- click the title to read more about Sanna and her previous entry...

The entry for this edition titled; Innan du lämnar mig (Before You Leave Me), is a classic yet timeless piano-Pop-ballad, a beautiful Swedish schlager-Pop-power-Ballad, presenting a personal and bittersweet love story sung by one of Sweden's finest vocalists, simply a nice fitting and calming start to the autumn (Northern hemisphere) period, just relax and enjoy!

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]: