Page 1 of 107 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: FSC Promotions Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. FSC Head Mod
    Norway

FSC Promotions Thread

The FSC Promotions Thread is a forum-thread where the FSC-juries can promote their entries (post pictures/song lyrics/info on artist/group etc) each FSC-month.

It makes it easier for everyone to go to one place in the FSC Forum and find the promotions here, instead of having to go to every single jury-thread and check there.

This is how it works:

1. The FSC juries may promote their FSC-entries in this thread. NB! This can only be done once the FSC-edition has officially been started.

2. It is voluntary to post promotions in this thread. Of course every jury can post their promotion in their own jury-thread also, this is an extra feature.

3. This FSC Promotions Thread is for entry-promotions only, no discussions/talk/comments must be posted here (that is to be done in the other FSC forum-threads).

Have fun promoting - and good luck to all entries!

Regards,
    Malagant

<< Join the Fun at the Forum Song Contest (FSC)! >>

2. Banned
    Europe

Re: FSC PROMOTIONS THREAD

Derin Togar - Dokun Official Video

3. FSC Head Mod
    Norway

4. FSC Head Mod
    Norway

FSC September 2010 - Norway

FSC Norway - September 2010 - D’Sound - If You Dream

Representing Norway in FSC September 2010 is the popular Norwegian pop-group of many years D’Sound. Here is some more information about them.

Drummer Kim Ofstad and bassist Jonny Sjo met while both attending Berklee College of Music. D'Sound was formed back in 1993 in Oslo with vocalist Simone Larsen (German-born but a Norwegian citizen since 2002) at a coincident rehearsal-meeting. Their debut album, ”Spice of Life”, was released in 1997, following the successful single "Real Name", and was nominated for two Norwegian Grammys (”Spellemanspris”).

D'Sound's blend of Jazzpop with funky elements was well received and they also gained recognition as a live-performance act. Other popular singles from their debut-album were ”Smooth Escape” and ”All I Wanna Do”. The next album ”Beauty is a Blessing” was released in 1998 and won the Norwegian Grammy for Best Norwegian pop-group. The album, which included the very popular singles ”Down on the street” and ”A’int giving up”, reached platinum staus, even though it was never released internationally. Musical influence had now shifted more to drum’n’bass and modern soul. After extended successful touring, the band took a break.

In 2000 D'Sound resumed working together on the next album in Johnny Sjos home-studio. After a long period of writing material, "Talkin Talk" was recorded and subsequently released in 2001. D'Sound, for the first time, also produced the album, along with their long-time keyboardist Stein Austrud. Quoted major influences included modern USA R&B-artists Angie Stone, d’Angelo, Jill Scott and Erykah Badu. "Talkin' Talk" was mixed in Virginia Beach, USA, by Serban Ghenea, whose credits include work for Janet Jackson and Prince. The single ”Sing my name” was representative of their current sound. For the subsequent tour D'Sound joined with numerous national and international musicians touring Norway with the songs from the new album.

In 2003 they presented their new album ”Doublehearted” which included anbother popular single called ”Do I need a reason”, and then in 2004 they released a compilation album with all their best songs and singles, called ”Smooth Escapes - The Very Best of D’Sound”. Another album came in 2005, called ”My Today”, where they went back to their acid-jazz pop-funk roots, which received international attention and paved the way for concerts and tours in Europe and Asia, and after this D’Sound decided on another break from the music-scene (due to personal reasons/other projects).

D’Sound: Album-discography:

Spice of Life (1997)
    Beauty is a Blessing (1998)
    Talkin' Talk (2001)
    Doublehearted (2003)
    Smooth Escapes - The Very Best of D'Sound (2004)
    My Today (2005)
    Starts and Ends (2010)

In 2009 they decided it was time to make some more music together and they started work on what was to become the new album ”Starts And Ends” subsequently released in Norway in January 2010. Their music style was now shifting away from acid-jazz and soul-based funk-pop to more mainstream commercial pop (to some critics’ delight but to others’ great disappointment), the sound which dominated their new album. Around the time of the new album-release Kim Ofstad, who had contributed on the making of the album, decided to leave the band, making D’Sound in effect a duo of Simone Larsen and Johnny Sjo.

The album ”Starts And Ends” received fair but mixed reviews, mostly due to the group’s change in musical style which some reviewers were not that keen on, but most reviewers admitted that the album was well produced and the songs well written. 11 new songs were on the album, most in the mainstream pop-style but with a D’Sound-ish feel to them, and one of these is the catchy pop-song ”If You Dream” which is the song we have chosen as the Norwegian entry here in FSC September 2010.

Even more recently, in the summer of 2010 D’Sound recorded a song called ”We live We love” which became the official song for the Norway Cup in Oslo, a large annual international football-tournament for youth and children.

Besides playing in the band, Simone has had a shot at a solo-career and has written songs for several other artists, while Johnny has been a record-producer for other artists. They are multi-talented and creative, D’Sound - of that there is little doubt.

We are happy to enter D’Sound in the FSC for Norway. They play an integral part in recent Norwegian pop-music history. “If You Dream” is another great song of theirs for you to enjoy!

Below are the English lyrics for the song. We hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for September!

D’Sound - If You Dream

The holiest places, the place where we play
    Heartbeat-nights and hangover-days
    We took it for granted, we paid it no mind
    When memory’s buoy and time is unkind

’Cause if you dream, you have a chance
    To get wishes granted
    And if you get, all you wish for
    You break the enchantment

I dream to be someone, I dream to escape
    Soothing lights and hangover-days
    I got what I wished for, more than I could take
    Now that it’s over, I see my mistake

To get wishes granted
    And if you get, all you wished for

To get wishes granted

Every day is a, why not go?
    Every sob is a sob in a pool
    Every night is a kickstart
    Every step is a step we take in the dark

’Cause if you dream, you’ll have a chance
    To get wishes granted
    You break the –

To get wishes granted

To get wishes granted

-M

5. Expert
    Croatia

FSC SEPTEMBER CROATIA

Singer -Andrea Šušnjara

BIOGRAPHY

Magazin is a Croatian pop band from Split.
    Founded in the 1970s under the name Dalmatinski magazin ("Dalmatian Magazine"), the band quickly began to make a mark on local pop music festivals with its songs influenced by Dalmatian folk music. Its gradual rise in popularity continued in 1980s with series of prestigious festival victories.

Through Magazin passed many singers, among others: Ljiljana Nikolovska and Danijela Martinović.
    But the music culmination was reached in 1980s while Ljiljana Nikolovska was the band's lead singer. Band's leader and songwriter Tonči Huljić began to insert elements of folk music of other European countries in his songs, often being criticised for promoting turbo folk in Croatia. This didn't matter much to the audience and Magazin became one of the most popular and most influential music band in Croatia.
    The band represented Croatia in the 1995 Eurovision Song Contest with the song "Nostalgija".

Today Magazin’s singer is young and talented Andrea Šušnjara. In May 2010, she joined Magazin. Andrea is a Croatian singer who was the Croatian entrant for the Eurovision Song Contest 2009. She, alongside Igor Cukrov, were the winners of Dora 2009, performing the song "Lijepa Tena" (Beautiful Tena). At Eurovision they performed in the second semi-final as the opening act and qualified for the final as the jury's selected qualifier. In the final they finished in 18th place with 45 points.
    She also competed to represent Croatia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004, performing the song "Noah" at Dora 2004. In the semi-final she finished second, and qualified to the final, where she again finished second, losing out to Ivan Mikulić.

Magazin's members today: Željko Baričić, Nenad Vesanović, Ante Miletić, Ivan Huljić, Andrea Šušnjara.
    ONE OF CHARLIE'S ANGELS
    "I’ll kill you with my heels"

6. Veteran
    Austria

FSC SEPTEMBER 2010 - AUSTRIA

EDENBRIDGE - HIGHER

[choice of ronny1988]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dJDzB2OFU

VIOLA PER SEMPRE
    [sigpic.][/sigpic.]

7. Banned
    Europe

FSC TURKEY SEPTEMBER

Teoman ft. Atiye - Kal

Lyrics:

Daha çok küçücüksün
    Yeni bir hayat var önünde
    Kendini bilirsen
    Yürüdüğün yol seninle
    Yeni doğmuş bir bebek
    Yeni açmış bir çiçek gibi
    Bir ömür var önümde
    Yaşarım istediğim gibi
    Bazen sıkılırsın
    Bazen bunalırsın hayattan
    Biliyorum ben böyleyim
    Yeter ki iste sakın korkma hayattan
    Farkındayım seninleyim
    Kal kal kal
    Hep yanımda kal
    Kal kal kal
    Hep hayatta kal
    Tut elimi
    Duy sesimi
    Belki zor olacak
    İçini yakacak düşsen bile
    Kalk yeniden bana sarılarak göster sevdiğini
    Kal

Birgün herşey değişir
    Anlamak zor gelir bazen
    Birgün herkes değişir
    Yenilmek zor gelir zaten
    Benim hayallerim var
    Benim bitmeyen umutlarım
    Ama bazen yanlızım
    Sessiz, solgun sokaklarda
    Bazen sıkılırsın
    Bazen bunalırsın hayattan
    Biliyorum ben böyleyim
    Yeter ki iste sakın korkma hayattan
    Farkındayım seninleyim
    Kal kal kal kal kal kal
    Hep yanımda kal
    Kal kal kal
    Hep hayatta kal
    Tut elimi
    Duy sesimi
    Belki zor olacak
    İçini yakacak düşsen bile
    Kalk yeniden bana sarılarak göster sevdiğini
    Kal
    Ne kadar zor gelsede bazen
    Ağlamak gelsede içinden
    En karanlık günde bile
    Sakın korkma güneş doğsun içinde
    Kal

English:

Still you are so young
    You have a new life ahead of you
    If you know who you are
    The pathway you're tracking is with you
    Like a new born baby
    Like a fresh blossomed flower
    I have a new life
    I can live how i want to
    Sometimes you get bored of living, sometimes you depressed
    I know, I'm like this
    Just wish, do not get afraid of living
    I know, I'm with you
    Stay stay stay
    Always stay by myside
    Always stay alive
    Hold my hand
    Hear my voice
    Maybe it'll be hard, maybe i'll get upset
    Even you fall down, straight yourself again
    Show me how you love me by hugging me
    Stay

Everything changes one day
    Sometimes its hard to understand
    Everybody changes one day
    Besides,its hard to accept that you got defeated
    I have dreams
    I still have hope
    But sometimes i'm lonely
    In the cold, silent streets...
    Sometimes you get bored of living, sometimes you depressed
    I know, I'm like this
    Just wish, do not get afraid of living
    I know, I'm with you
    Stay stay stay
    Always stay by myside
    Always stay alive
    Hold my hand
    Hear my voice
    Maybe It'll be hard, maybe i'll get upset
    Even you fall down, straight yourself up again
    Show me how you love me by hugging me
    Even though how much it is hard to confess sometimes
    Eventhough you feel like crying
    Even in the darkest day
    Do not ever get scared, let the sun shine in you
    Stay...

Biography

Atiye Deniz

Daughter of a Turkish father and a Dutch Mother, Atiye was born in the city of Bremen in Germany on November 22, 1988. She went to the first half of her elementary education in Bremen and the second half in Izmir.
    Later she studied in U.S.A and The Netherlands each for one year. After a sort period of education in France, she finished high school in Bremen and lives now in İstanbul. Atiye can speak 5 languages fluently as a result of living in these different countries and cultures.

The musical culture inherited from her family and the 'darbuka' tunes rising from her father's fingers helped her develope a great sense of musical rhythm.
    With the dance lessons that she took from the age of three, she has developed a perfect body language and hypnotizes many people with her exotic voice and charming dance.

Fazli Teoman Yakupoglu

Fazlı Teoman Yakupoğlu (20 November 1967, Istanbul, Turkey ), using the stage name Teoman, is a popular Turkish acoustic rock singer and song-writer. His biggest hits include "Paramparça" (All In Pieces) , Senden Önce Senden Sonra (Before You, After You), 17 and Papatya (Daisy). On Papatya, Turkish female rock singer Özlem Tekin features as backing vocals. Şebnem Ferah has also featured on a couple of Teoman's tracks.
    Teoman's music is mostly classified as "pop-rock" or "soft rock".
    After studying business administration and mathematics at Bogazici University, he transferred to and graduated from the sociology department of the same university. He completed his graduate study on women studies at Istanbul University.
    His formal music career was first started in his first band Mirage in 1986. Teoman staged with various bands for 10 years until his breakthrough song, "Ne Ekmek Ne de Su" (Neither Bread Nor Water) (music by Barlas Erinç- lyrics by Barlas Erinç and Teoman) which won the first prize in Roxy Müzik Günleri (Roxy Music Days).
    In Romani people symposium on 8 October 2005, his Romani heritage declared.

8. Veteran
    Macedonia

FSC MACEDONIA SEPTEMBER 2010

TAMARA TODEVSKA - ANGELS

BIOGRAPHY:

Tamara Todevska (Macedonian Cyrillic: Тамара Тодевска) is a young Macedonian pop singer. Her sister is the well known Macedonian pop singer Tijana Todevska-Dapčević.

Tamara was successful during Skopje Fest 2007, the Macedonian Eurovision selection. She gained 105 points, placing a respectable second place with the song “Kazi Koj Si Ti” (“Tell Me Who You Are”).
    In 2006 she released her debute studio album "Sino" (Blue) for Massive Sky Production. She was only working with Aleksandar Masevski as her producer and songwriter back than.

In 2008 she epresented Macedonia at Eurovision Song Contest 2008 in Belgrade, Serbia with the song: “Vo Ime Na Ljubovta” (“Let Me Love You”) featuring Rade Vrcakovski-Vrcak and Adrian Gaxha after she won Skopje Fest 2008 with 24 points.

After Eurovision she was working with producers and songwriters such as Kaliopi and Darko Dimitrov.

This year she joined the MNA (Macedonian National Artists) label and is currently working on her 2nd album with Aleksandar Mitevski who produced her current single "Angels".

GOOD LUCK TAMARA!!!!

http://youtu.be/WA4iX5D9Z64

9. Mentor
    Germany

FSC September 2010
    German Entry

Johannes Oerding - Engel

Johannes Oerding is a young singer and songwriter. In addition he was one of the members of the German jury at the ESC 2010.

In 2009 he toured with artists like Simply Red, Ich und Ich, Stefanie Heinzmann and Ina Müller. Afterwards he recorded his debut album "Erste Wahl" (First choice) which was published at the beginning of 2010.

Ich bin schon so oft gefallen,
    weil ich kein Licht gesehen hab.
    Ich bin schon so oft gestolpert,
    weil ein Stein im Wege lag.
    Doch irgendwie ist nie was schlimmeres geschehen,
    bin auf den Füßen gelandet,konnt' immer weiter geh'n.

Denn dass da ein engel ist,
    hab ich sofort gewusst,
    hat seine Flügel gut versteckt,
    damit die Welt ihn nicht entdeckt.
    Denn dass da ein Engel ist,
    war mir von Anfang an so klar,
    denn wann immer ich einen brauchte war er da.

Ich habe Grenzen überschritten,
    wollt' sehen was dahinter lag.
    Bin über dünnes Eis gelaufen,
    ohne dass es gleich zerbrach.

Dass du ein Engel bist,
    hab ich sofort gewusst,
    hast deine Flügel gut versteckt,
    damit die Welt dich nicht entdeckt.
    Dass du ein Engel bist,
    denn wann immer ich einen brauchte warst du da.

oooh,Und irgendwo da draußen,egal ob Tag oder Nacht,
    hat jder seinen Engel,der schützend über ihn wacht.

Dass du ein Engel bist,
    hab ich sofort gewusst,
    Hast deine Flügel gut versteckt,
    damit die Welt dich nicht entdeckt.
    Denn dass du ein Engel bist,
    hab ich sofort gewusst,
    hast deine Flügel gut versteckt,
    damit die Welt dich nicht entdeckt,
    Dass du ein Engel bist,
    denn wann immer ich einen brauchte warst du da.

I've fallen so many times,
    because I've seen no light.
    I am so often stumbled
    because a stone lay in the path.
    But somehow nothing bad happened,
    I landed on my feet, and could go on.

The fact that there is an angel,
    I've known immediately
    its wings are well hidden,
    so that the world couldn't discovered him.
    The fact that there is an angel,
    I was so clear from the beginning,
    because whenever I needed one, he was there.

I have crossed borders,
    wanted to see what lay behind it.
    Ran on thin ice
    without it immediately broke.

That you're an angel,
    I've known immediately
    You have your wings well hidden,
    so that the world couldn't discover you.
    That you're an angel,
    because when ever I needed one you were there.

oooh, And somewhere out there, whether day or night,
    everyone has his angel who watches over him protectively.

That you're an angel,
    I've known immediately
    Have your wings well hidden,
    so that the world couldn't discover you.
    Because you're an angel,
    I've known immediately
    You have your wings well hidden,
    so that the world do not be discovered
    That you're an angel,
    because when ever I needed one you were there.

10. Legend
    Israel

FSC ISRAEL SEPTEMBER

DANA INTERNATIONAL FEAT. SUBLIMINAL - ALAI (COME COME)

Page 1 of 107 123451151101 ... LastLast