Page 645 of 656 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 6557

Thread: How do you feel?

1. Australopithecus
    Spain

Re: How do you feel?

Wow Danny, congratulations!! Where there’s a will there’s a way!

As for me, I’ve been trying to organise a good celebration for two birthdays at the same time, but do you know how it feels when you want to do something nice and the person who is supposed to help you is constantly getting angry because they think my idea for the restaurant is not possible, without calling them and ask for it, and I persist? (finally I got tired and called myself and they said yes!) Or making bad faces when I ask them to do something instead of me because I’ll be at work from early in the morning until the evening and can’t do it myself? So, a person that keeps questioning my ideas without suggesting anything else. It would have been much easier doing everything myself.
    "¿Qué es lo que tú quieres de mí? ¿Por qué no confías en mí? No tengo nada que explicarte; no tengo nada que ocultarte."
    Los Rakas - Déjame bailar

2. Junkie
    Portugal

I took better note of English than Portuguese never in life happened to me ahaha , I had some difficulties in English some years ago , the forum has also helped me a lot <3

I'm very worried about the Portuguese discipline (I like the discipline, but the teacher does not explain the subject and I'm afraid of the exam I'm going to do next year) ...

But today I am very happy, I had a note of 18 to the test of history (so proud of me)
    Likes  Ausesken, Gera11, RainyWoods liked this post

FSC Portugal Noble - Honey <3
    WV Finland Ensiferum - Tears <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ausesken View Post
    Wow Danny, congratulations!! Where there’s a will there’s a way!

As for me, I’ve been trying to organise a good celebration for two birthdays at the same time, but do you know how it feels when you want to do something nice and the person who is supposed to help you is constantly getting angry because they think my idea for the restaurant is not possible, without calling them and ask for it, and I persist? (finally I got tired and called myself and they said yes!) Or making bad faces when I ask them to do something instead of me because I’ll be at work from early in the morning until the evening and can’t do it myself? So, a person that keeps questioning my ideas without suggesting anything else. It would have been much easier doing everything myself.
    Why don't you just simply exclude them in your personal life, though?

4. Australopithecus
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by LesterMalvo View Post
    Why don't you just simply exclude them in your personal life, though?
    I can't, he's my dad. He always says he doesn't want presents, and therefore he thinks that preparing anything for anybody is a waste of time. He doesn't understand that both my mum and me like to see that someone has thought about us, and this doesn't necessarily mean spending money. Actually, the most sentimental presents are our favourite. Well, to sum up, he's been a very bad collaborator because he doesn't like celebrations. We respect he doesn't like celebrations, but we hate the way he tries to hold us back too.
    "¿Qué es lo que tú quieres de mí? ¿Por qué no confías en mí? No tengo nada que explicarte; no tengo nada que ocultarte."

Quote Originally Posted by Ausesken View Post
    I can't, he's my dad. He always says he doesn't want presents, and therefore he thinks that preparing anything for anybody is a waste of time. He doesn't understand that both my mum and me like to see that someone has thought about us, and this doesn't necessarily mean spending money. Actually, the most sentimental presents are our favourite. Well, to sum up, he's been a very bad collaborator because he doesn't like celebrations. We respect he doesn't like celebrations, but we hate the way he tries to hold us back too.
    I used to have a dad who was less or more like that. Not only would he ruin all sorts of fun stuff in the family, but also he would make it a matter of proud to show any sort of emotion toward even his family while he was alive. I talked to him about it when I was a teenager and explained him how bad it actually is to behave like that, but it didn't really solve anything. It's not like he didn't understand what I said, it was just so that he grew up without receiving any sort of love by his parents, and it was just not his thing to do it for us either. As I grew older, I kept a distance between me and him mainly for this reason, and some other stuff related to this problem. As far as I know about you, you are an adult who makes their own money and doesn't depend on their parents. Making things as official as necessary between you and him wouldn't hurt you psychologically, I suppose.

6. Australopithecus
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by LesterMalvo View Post
    I used to have a dad who was less or more like that. Not only would he ruin all sorts of fun stuff in the family, but also he would make it a matter of proud to show any sort of emotion toward even his family while he was alive. I talked to him about it when I was a teenager and explained him how bad it actually is to behave like that, but it didn't really solve anything. It's not like he didn't understand what I said, it was just so that he grew up without receiving any sort of love by his parents, and it was just not his thing to do it for us either. As I grew older, I kept a distance between me and him mainly for this reason, and some other stuff related to this problem. As far as I know about you, you are an adult who makes their own money and doesn't depend on their parents. Making things as official as necessary between you and him wouldn't hurt you psychologically, I suppose.
    I understand you. Well, my dad used to be a good dad, but in the last 7 years or so he's become another person. I don't remember the last time he said he loved me, I don't even remember the last time he made a compliment to us. When he drinks two beers, he's yet another, worse person. Alcohol makes him say very stupid and offensive things to us, reacts very bad to anything we say or do, and he is so arrogant that he N-E-V-E-R apologises for anything. I know it's not nice from me talking bad about my dad in a forum, but it's how he is. He was partly responsible for my depression. But he used to be a good dad, really. I don't know what happened. Perhaps radiotherapy affected him too much.

7. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDS View Post
    Hello guys, good evening.

After 7 months of rejections and false hopes, I can finally say that I have been hired.

I will be working as an account manager of sickness and disability benefits in downtown Brussels. Start date, 23rd April!

THIS IS SO GOOD OMFG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
    Proficiat!

8. Australopithecus
    Spain

————

9. Wizard
    Germany

Haven't been online for quite a while ... not because I forgot you guys, but because I am learning for an important oral examination for my doctoral thesis right now that I have in two weeks. Passed the written thesis and have to do the last step now. When I have it behind me, I will be here regular again. Miss you all! And keep your fingers crossed for me, please!
    Likes  Nicholas123, Milos-BC, r3gg13, Gera11 liked this post

“Where words leave off, music begins.” ― Heinrich Heine

10. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Good luck with your thesis Once everything is done, we are waiting for you.
    Likes  mauve liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"