Page 647 of 650 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650 LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,470 of 6492

Thread: How do you feel?

Re: How do you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausesken View Post
    I feel frustrated with the publich Health System –again-. I should have made a drama like I was going to die, because it seems otherwise they don’t even do X-ray. Knowing exactly what’s wrong? Nah, you better take ibuprofen and rest. Bye bye.
    I see I will have to go –again- to a private doctor. This is what we pay taxes for? For ending up paying a private doctor and everything you need to find the origin of the pain? If there's pain, there's something wrong, it's obvious.
    What are the odds? I am working in a private hospital and just today there was this incident.

There is an old British couple who came to the hospital because the man's retina was ripped off or something and his eye was unable to see. They have their flight on Monday but he is not allowed to, so he had to be cured in the country. The hospital I work for didn't have the proper tools/devices, so they transferred him to a state hospital. Since I knew no one could help them in the hospital (especially after 4 pm on a Friday), I voluntarily visited the hospital with them to help out. The problem was that the insurance wouldn't cover the state hospitals (for some reason?) and they needed to make payment before checking out, except the couple didn't have any money since it was almost the end of their vacation.

I spent 3 straight hours with them to figure a way out but the woman was extremely stressed out, got sentimental and almost cried several times. It shouldn't be that hard to provide the health needs in such age. I feel emotionally tired, as I'm still under the affect of the whole situation.

2. Mentor
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by LesterMalvo View Post
    What are the odds? I am working in a private hospital and just today there was this incident.

There is an old British couple who came to the hospital because the man's retina was ripped off or something and his eye was unable to see. They have their flight on Monday but he is not allowed to, so he had to be cured in the country. The hospital I work for didn't have the proper tools/devices, so they transferred him to a state hospital. Since I knew no one could help them in the hospital (especially after 4 pm on a Friday), I voluntarily visited the hospital with them to help out. The problem was that the insurance wouldn't cover the state hospitals (for some reason?) and they needed to make payment before checking out, except the couple didn't have any money since it was almost the end of their vacation.

I spent 3 straight hours with them to figure a way out but the woman was extremely stressed out, got sentimental and almost cried several times. It shouldn't be that hard to provide the health needs in such age. I feel emotionally tired, as I'm still under the affect of the whole situation.
    I see... this is a very sad and unfair situation imo. Why did they have to pay the state hospital? I thought the tourists' country of origin payed for the medical treatment they are given in the public health service of other countries (at least I thought it was true for countries in the EU?), as Spain pays for it when Spaniards abroad go to a hospital without having "right" to it. What did they do in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausesken View Post
    I see... this is a very sad and unfair situation imo. Why did they have to pay the state hospital? I thought the tourists' country of origin payed for the medical treatment they are given in the public health service of other countries (at least I thought it was true for countries in the EU?), as Spain pays for it when Spaniards abroad go to a hospital without having "right" to it. What did they do in the end?
    I asked if they had a friend/family in the UK who could send them money and she wasn't sure, but later we found out the hospital accepts credit card as well. I gave them my phone number just in case. I am not entirely sure how things will turn out to be for them, but they will arrange something, I suppose...
    Likes  Ausesken liked this post

4. Veteran
    Israel

I asked if they had a friend/family in the UK who could send them money and she wasn't sure, but later we found out the hospital accepts credit card as well. I gave them my phone number just in case. I am not entirely sure how things will turn out to be for them, but they will arrange something, I suppose...
    You're an angel, just so you know, it was very kind and not to be taken for granted whatsoever.
    Likes  LesterMalvo liked this post

http://i.imgur.com/Sc3vj7T.gif

5. Legend
    UK

I'm going to miss the ESC Final and I'm hating it And it's my favourite ESC in years! At least there is the semis I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by MyHeartIsYours View Post
    I'm going to miss the ESC Final and I'm hating it And it's my favourite ESC in years! At least there is the semis I suppose...
    We have a graduation dinner party of my department in the university on Saturday, and I was looking forward to it. I realized only two weeks before that the dates were collapsing with Eurovision, but it was too late to change it. I was so undecided whether to attend the dinner party or watch Eurovision. I eventually realised whatever I do, I'd be missing the other event. So I decided to watch Eurovision because with my smaller group of closer friends, we are also planning a farewell party in the end of May, and it is more meaningful to me than all the people gathering together, with many of whom I barely even talk in daily life. And this is my 11th year of watching Eurovision live. I don't really want to break the pattern and disrespect my private tradition.
    Likes  MyHeartIsYours liked this post

7. Legend
    UK

We have a graduation dinner party of my department in the university on Saturday, and I was looking forward to it. I realized only two weeks before that the dates were collapsing with Eurovision, but it was too late to change it. I was so undecided whether to attend the dinner party or watch Eurovision. I eventually realised whatever I do, I'd be missing the other event. So I decided to watch Eurovision because with my smaller group of closer friends, we are also planning a farewell party in the end of May, and it is more meaningful to me than all the people gathering together, with many of whom I barely even talk in daily life. And this is my 11th year of watching Eurovision live. I don't really want to break the pattern and disrespect my private tradition.
    I would definitely make the same decision haha! I have always seen at least most of the final live ever since 2003 (a couple of times I have missed just the voting) so I'm like ugh! I know you can watch it afterwards but it's not the same, especially when it only happens once a year
    Likes  LesterMalvo liked this post

8. Wizard
    Philippines

After the recent flop after flop in contests (especially in NSC karaoke spin-off - 2nd last), I think I've entered the pre-ESC depression phase. I even vowed to myself that I never sing again out loud after the heartbreaking flop... like what happened to my voice after all the discouragement from my family I'd received after doing it at night? It's so depressing, I can't even...

♦ "Liebe ist für alle da" - Leonora, DK 2019 ♦

9. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Eulaliya View Post
    After the recent flop after flop in contests (especially in NSC karaoke spin-off - 2nd last), I think I've entered the pre-ESC depression phase. I even vowed to myself that I never sing again out loud after the heartbreaking flop... like what happened to my voice after all the discouragement from my family I'd received after doing it at night? It's so depressing, I can't even...

I will write you a message ( PM ) during the day, as soon as I get home
    "Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

10. Wizard
    Germany

My mom had a circulatory collaps yesterday again. She is stabalized now, but I have to take care the next days. Won't be able to be here a lot again. I feel so anxious about mom, knowing that one day she will pass away like this. Breaks my heart since I love her so much and can't even imagine a life without her. I hope she will soon be better again.
    “Where words leave off, music begins.” ― Heinrich Heine