Page 635 of 655 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 6547

Thread: How do you feel?

1. Mentor
    Spain

Re: How do you feel?

Surprised but not surprised, actually. I only expected a message of 'Olga, merry Christmas'. Not only because this is what friends do, but also because I had taken some of my time to send my wishes before. No, I didn't expect to be so invisible and forgotten in the time of the year where you most think of your friends and beloved people.

But this year I promised I will leave everything negative behind as much as possible, so I'm going to forget about this (it's not important after all, only little details I appreciate from people), learn that I have to trust my woman's intuition (because I knew I wouldn't get a decent response), and pay attention to things that really matter, like the lunch we have to prepare today
    "Sembrava vera la voglia di tornare come prima"

My goal in 2019 to read at least 30 books and watch 100 movies. Let's see how it works.
    Likes  RainyWoods, Gera11 liked this post

3. Wizard
    Germany

Had a wonderful night. Our Family drank mulled wine and we talked most of the time. We had nice rock 'n roll Music of the 60's and I danced with my mom to it. Actually I have no goals or anything for the New Year. Because mostly I can't reach the goals I am craving for, but rather other unexpected things. And I intend to enjoy the small Things instead of the big ones. But anway, to everyone here: a good 2019 for you!
    Likes  RainyWoods liked this post

“Where words leave off, music begins.” ― Heinrich Heine

4. Mentor
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by LesterMalvo View Post
    My goal in 2019 to read at least 30 books and watch 100 movies. Let's see how it works.
    Good luck!
    I usually forget my goals after a month.. This year I have none and I feel good about it
    Likes  AshleyWright, Nicholas123, mauve, DenizESC liked this post

5. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

@mauve that sounds like my kind of night with the 60s rock 'n' roll Who did you listen to? Any The Velvet Underground?

Time moves too fast. I can't believe another year is over. I don't usually make new years resolutions, but I think this year it's going to be so important that I focus on what I need to happen. Thinking positively, believing in myself more and working on my overall mental well being. Some steps are going to be really hard to take, but it's vital that I push through with things. I think I need to focus on myself whilst having less f@$ks to give about anyone or anything that might stand in my way. I'm going to take my magnifying glass and smash it up to pieces, cause it's exhausting when it's in your nature to study every little thing that's said or done. Less of "what if?", more "I will". I need to think less, do more. Suffocate this weakness. It needs to be gone.

Another thing I want to do is get back into writing poetry and playing piano. Those were my two passions at one point, but the past three or so years I lost the will to be creative. I need to put all my mental energy into more productive and fulfilling things. Be it music, art, writing, reading etc. Also, less of a resolution, more of a wish. I'd like to start looking for love in 2019. I last tried some years ago and it was a really weird experience (mostly people wanting sexy times but my sexy times you have to earn first). One guy I was talking to and often, who I had a lot in common with (he was a member of a relatively obscure indie band actually) eventually ghosted me when I opened up to him fully about my life situation. That hurt and steered me away from dating. I feared that same situation would happen again. I think I might be almost ready again now though *adjusts bowtie*.

I hope everyone here has a slayriffic 2019!
    Likes  Nicholas123 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by blue00eyes View Post
    Good luck!
    I usually forget my goals after a month.. This year I have none and I feel good about it
    Thanks. I achieved my goals in 2017 and 2018 particularly. When I aim to do something, I usually do.
    Likes  blue00eyes liked this post

7. Wizard
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    @mauve that sounds like my kind of night with the 60s rock 'n' roll Who did you listen to? Any The Velvet Underground?
    Yep … we have a compilation of the 60's, along with -"There she goes again" by Velvet Underground, the Kinks, Led Zeppelin, the Yardbirds (my favorite ), Jefferson Airplane and a few others. First we turned on the radio, but the musical stuff that came there wasn't made for dancing. So what better to grab for the CD of the good old 60's!

8. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by mauve View Post
    Yep … we have a compilation of the 60's, along with -"There she goes again" by Velvet Underground, the Kinks, Led Zeppelin, the Yardbirds (my favorite ), Jefferson Airplane and a few others. First we turned on the radio, but the musical stuff that came there wasn't made for dancing. So what better to grab for the CD of the good old 60's!
    Awesome! The Velvet Underground are my favourite old band, but I generally love any rock from the 60s. In fact 60s music in general is just great. If I could go back and live through any other decade, I think i'd choose the mid 60s when psychedelic rock became a thing. You've reminded me actually that a while back I bought a couple of 60s rock compilation cds. One features just one hit wonders and the other obscure psychedelic bands. I haven't listened to them yet. I need to give them a whirl!
    Likes  mauve liked this post

9. Veteran
    Germany

Time moves too fast. I can't believe another year is over. I don't usually make new years resolutions, but I think this year it's going to be so important that I focus on what I need to happen. Thinking positively, believing in myself more and working on my overall mental well being. Some steps are going to be really hard to take, but it's vital that I push through with things. I think I need to focus on myself whilst having less f@$ks to give about anyone or anything that might stand in my way. I'm going to take my magnifying glass and smash it up to pieces, cause it's exhausting when it's in your nature to study every little thing that's said or done. Less of "what if?", more "I will". I need to think less, do more. Suffocate this weakness. It needs to be gone.

Another thing I want to do is get back into writing poetry and playing piano. Those were my two passions at one point, but the past three or so years I lost the will to be creative. I need to put all my mental energy into more productive and fulfilling things. Be it music, art, writing, reading etc. Also, less of a resolution, more of a wish. I'd like to start looking for love in 2019. I last tried some years ago and it was a really weird experience (mostly people wanting sexy times but my sexy times you have to earn first). One guy I was talking to and often, who I had a lot in common with (he was a member of a relatively obscure indie band actually) eventually ghosted me when I opened up to him fully about my life situation. That hurt and steered me away from dating. I feared that same situation would happen again. I think I might be almost ready again now though *adjusts bowtie*.
    Wow, playing more piano and writing more poetry were my resolutions for 2018. I definitely succeeded in case of piano playing. In terms of poetry... mmh, I have a mini collection at least. And I found my personal writing style. I wish you good luck with both of those hobbies. There are hardly better ways to spend your free time.

In 2019, I wanna make progress with my psycho thriller I've planned to write. Just like you, I am looking for love. Very desperately, actually. I think for me personally love is the key for satisfaction. I cant be a happy human being without having a loveful (is this a word?) partnership. It might sound irrational but I would give up a lot for the right girl. Let's hope our wishes come true. Everybody has got the right to be loved.

10. Wizard
    Germany

Awesome! The Velvet Underground are my favourite old band, but I generally love any rock from the 60s. In fact 60s music in general is just great. If I could go back and live through any other decade, I think i'd choose the mid 60s when psychedelic rock became a thing. You've reminded me actually that a while back I bought a couple of 60s rock compilation cds. One features just one hit wonders and the other obscure psychedelic bands. I haven't listened to them yet. I need to give them a whirl!
    Agree completely! 60's are a time I would've loved to live in. I love all kinds of present music, but now and then I just NEED to return to the 60's. The music gives you a special vibe - and in my case - a kind of hope, a kind of peace within myself. Don't know why exactly, just happens to be that way. Love especially the Yardbirds and have almost everything of them. Additionally, Jeff Beck is just a talented player.
    Another band I really adore is King Crimson. Okay, it's more 70's than 60's, but their Album "In the wake of Poseidon" (1970) is really fantastic.