Thread: Strange Televoting results

1. Senior Member
    Germany

Strange Televoting results

Hi everbody,

as you all know Salvador Sobral won both the jury- and the televote by good margins. Even though "Amar pelos dois" did pretty well in most countries, I found the televoting results in two countries pretty strange, and these were from and .

The Danish televoters only gave to , in this point they were really out of line with the other nordic countries, since Salavdor received 3x from , and and from . So why did he so poorly in ??

The from were even more weird and unexpected to me. Before the contest I thought that this song would do really well there since the languages are quite similar and that this song, sung in Italian, could have been a ballad from San Remo. So why only ??

This is a question to all of you, but especially to the users from and .

2. Expert
    Germany

Re: Strange Televoting results

The danish Televoter usually prefer english Songs, so there is no Surprise.

Italy is full of romanian/moldovan and ukrainian Guestworkers and Interest is pretty low there, so Salvador never had a Fair Chance to beat anyone of them. The Croatian Guy sung in Italian so his Telescore shouldnt come as a Surprise.

And well, Bulgaria was just more popular with the general Audience.
    Likes  tomos2019 liked this post

Shine, shine like the stars in the sky
    Wipe the dust off your love, let it shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

3. Senior Member
    Germany

Re: Strange Televoting results

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    The danish Televoter usually prefer english Songs, so there is no Surprise.

Italy is full of romanian/moldovan and ukrainian Guestworkers and Interest is pretty low there, so Salvador never had a Fair Chance to beat anyone of them. The Croatian Guy sung in Italian so his Telescore shouldnt come as a Surprise.

And well, Bulgaria was just more popular with the general Audience.
    As you mention , the televote result from for Kristian ist also pretty strange imo. In the semi final he won the televote, but in the final he received only , even though he did pretty well in other countries of Western Europe. Of course you can hardly compare the audience in the semis with the viewers of the final, but I still donīt get this result.