Thread: Strange Televoting results

1. Junior Member
    Germany

Strange Televoting results

Hi everbody,

as you all know Salvador Sobral won both the jury- and the televote by good margins. Even though "Amar pelos dois" did pretty well in most countries, I found the televoting results in two countries pretty strange, and these were from and .

The Danish televoters only gave to , in this point they were really out of line with the other nordic countries, since Salavdor received 3x from , and and from . So why did he so poorly in ??

The from were even more weird and unexpected to me. Before the contest I thought that this song would do really well there since the languages are quite similar and that this song, sung in Italian, could have been a ballad from San Remo. So why only ??

This is a question to all of you, but especially to the users from and .

2. Expert
    Germany

Re: Strange Televoting results

The danish Televoter usually prefer english Songs, so there is no Surprise.

Italy is full of romanian/moldovan and ukrainian Guestworkers and Interest is pretty low there, so Salvador never had a Fair Chance to beat anyone of them. The Croatian Guy sung in Italian so his Telescore shouldnt come as a Surprise.

And well, Bulgaria was just more popular with the general Audience.
    Likes  tomos2019 liked this post

I never walk away na na, walk away na na

3. Junior Member
    Germany

Re: Strange Televoting results

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    The danish Televoter usually prefer english Songs, so there is no Surprise.

Italy is full of romanian/moldovan and ukrainian Guestworkers and Interest is pretty low there, so Salvador never had a Fair Chance to beat anyone of them. The Croatian Guy sung in Italian so his Telescore shouldnt come as a Surprise.

And well, Bulgaria was just more popular with the general Audience.
    As you mention , the televote result from for Kristian ist also pretty strange imo. In the semi final he won the televote, but in the final he received only , even though he did pretty well in other countries of Western Europe. Of course you can hardly compare the audience in the semis with the viewers of the final, but I still donīt get this result.