Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: WV REYKJAVIK 112 • Grand Final • RESULTS: August 23, 20:00 CEST

1. Ninja
    Ukraine

Re: WV REYKJAVIK 112 • Grand Final • RESULTS: August 23, 20:00 CEST

Quote Originally Posted by TomCherson View Post
    It seems protest voting. Ok, I'll remember it. I shouldn't check the songs that competed in NSC. I send songs that I like.
    Try to send a song that you don’t like (for which you wouldn’t vote). It will win and become a masterpiece for you!
    Likes  TomCherson, Veronika, Gabor77 liked this post

https://tollhaus.de/media/images/programm/2014/20140804TCE-9.jpg

2. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

It seems protest voting. Ok, I'll remember it. I shouldn't check the songs that competed in NSC. I send songs that I like.
    Lol no protest vote. Just pointing out how different WV and NSC actually are. I really dont care in the slightest about people sending songs from other contests. I literally did it myself last edition. There's no need for you to be bitter even, you've done super well recently
    Likes  ZoboCamel, Gabor77, Lupus, EurovisionSmile liked this post

WV Western USA
    Anahi ft. Gente De Zona - Arena y Sol
    NSC Solentoya
    Jesse y Joy - Ecos De Amor

3. Expert
    Australia

I really doubt it's protest voting. Personally, I'm not part of NSC, so I never even know whether anything at WV has been in NSC before; and I imagine the same is true for most people here.

In the end, I just vote based on how much I like the songs - and while yours this edition was certainly decent, it just didn't make it to my top 10 in what was a strong final. People are going to have their own tastes, different contests will have different demographics/cultures, and I think in the end that's all much more of a factor than any kind of hypothetical protest voting.

Also, while you may have come last in the final... the final isn't all there is to WV! Considering there are the SFs as well, you placed about middle-of-the-pack overall, beating out all of the NQs. I get that ending lower than expected in the final can be disheartening, but you were luckier than a lot of other players as far as this edition goes.

Though ultimately - yes, just send songs that you like! I think doing that and having fun with it is a much healthier approach to the contest than constantly gunning for the win and getting disappointed when it doesn't happen (I personally have a very-likely-NQ lined up for WV114... ).
    Likes  Gabor77, AshleyWright, cegs5, Lupus liked this post

4. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

@daniels1000 apologies if you've already done it, but could you please post a download link the scoreboards so it can make Elgars job 94969496x easier in making the similarities and such, thank you.

WV Western USA
    Anahi ft. Gente De Zona - Arena y Sol
    NSC Solentoya
    Jesse y Joy - Ecos De Amor

5. Super Moderator
    Iceland

Re: WV REYKJAVIK 112 Grand Final RESULTS: August 23, 20:00 CEST

Okay, now that I took some rest, let me write some words.

Firstly, congrats again to and Eulaliya Beautiful song, and 7 points in a competitive final say enough about that I was very happy when the deadline passed and realised you won!

In general though, some underrated songs. Especially Amazing song. Well, certainly not the first and probably not the last time that a song that does amazingly in NSC flops in WV.

On that note, sorry to whose songs missed my Top 10.

Secondly, thank you very much to everyone who awarded points to Jnsi. This song is a special one for me, and the live performance I've sent is one of the most amazing ones ever. It almost feels surreal. The result proves it was a good decision to save it as a PQ, so I'm glad I've got this opportunity. I'm not disappointed about the result, though. I knew this song would be too complex for people. So, I was only sure my lovely co-hosts would enjoy it a lot The studio version would have probably been more accessible to other people, as it's shorter and "softer".

So, once again thanks to:

Finally, I hope you enjoyed the hosting and thanks for your nice words! Once again, thanks to Ben and Florian for helping with the semifinals See you in Blanchium Belgium

6. Super Moderator
    Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    @daniels1000 apologies if you've already done it, but could you please post a download link the scoreboards so it can make Elgars job 94969496x easier in making the similarities and such, thank you.
    Here they are: https://www.sendspace.com/file/aidpug
    Likes  AshleyWright, ZoboCamel, Alevender liked this post

7. Legend
    United States

Congratulations to and the delightful Eulaliya on a WV win!

And thank you to our intrepid hosts, who put on a BEAUTIFUL display of what Iceland had to offer

Finally, thank you to everyone who voted for . I did so much better than I thought I would and had a blast sending "When My Boy Walks Down the Street."
    Likes  daniels1000, Lupus, Eulaliya liked this post

12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

8. Guru
    Germany

Congrats to the winner!
    I'm glad that my favourite - Bavaria - ended up being Top 10!

Wales was amazing as well!

It's crazy how diverse the voting has been! I mean.. So many entries reached more than 100 points whilst the last song managed to get 66 pts as well.

Is it always so close?
    Likes  Eulaliya, MARCOMEN liked this post

#letKAZAKHSTANdebutfinally

9. Legend
    Cyprus

Big (and late) congrats to ! The song wasn't in my top 10, but I really appreciated its quality and enjoyed it enough!

Thanks to those who voted for in the semi (regular & reju):

Pakistan
    Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

See y'all in next edition!
    Likes  Eulaliya, Mike, AshleyWright, cegs5 liked this post

ESC 2019: 12 NL // 10 NO // 08 CH // 07 AZ // 06 SE // 05 RS // 04 CY // 03 PL // 02 SI //01 ES

10. Junkie
    Portugal

A little late this time

First a big thanks to all who made this edition, the banner level was one of the best (in my opinion of course)

Congratulations to and Eulaliya ...It's one of the best winners of WV these days, it went up a lot <3

Thanks to everyone who voted , I expected a little better, but being in the final is already a pretty acceptable result.
    Likes  Eulaliya, daniels1000, Gabor77 liked this post

FSC Portugal Nowhere To Be Found - Traverse ft. Matty Mullins <3
    WV Finland Vindsvept & Merrigan - Into the Depths <3

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829