Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: WV REYKJAVIK 112 • Grand Final • RESULTS: August 23, 20:00 CEST

1. Wizard
    Ukraine

Re: WV REYKJAVIK 112 Grand Final DDL: August 22, 21:00 CEST

Quote Originally Posted by ZoboCamel View Post
    Bloody Japanese copyright...

The first link there is the wrong version; the second one is correct (I just used an alternate source for higher video quality & no Indonesian subs). Thanks for letting me know; I'll try find another place to upload it.

EDIT: Hopefully this new link works? https://streamable.com/ric4j
    what anime is that from?
    Living for drama

2. Expert
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Fierro View Post
    what anime is that from?
    Carole & Tuesday (the band was formed specifically for the anime as a tie-in, so they've got the same name). It's currently at episode 17 in Japan and with fansubs; apparently the first 12 episodes are coming to Netflix in a week or so?

Trailer here if you're interested; or if you're just after the music, this gives snippets of all the songs from the first half (they're also on Spotify).

3. Wizard
    Ukraine

Carole & Tuesday (the band was formed specifically for the anime as a tie-in, so they've got the same name). It's currently at episode 17 in Japan and with fansubs; I think it's coming to Netflix in a couple months or so?
    thank you, I just looked on those judges and they're like one of the most beautiful characters i've seen on anime
    Likes  JSSArcos liked this post

Living for drama

4. Expert
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Fierro View Post
    thank you, I just looked on those judges and they're like one of the most beautiful characters i've seen on anime
    Yeah, the designs are pretty nice! Also, I've just updated the post you quoted with a couple of links if you're interested in checking things out some more~

5. Wizard
    Ukraine

Yeah, the designs are pretty nice! Also, I've just updated the post you quoted with a couple of links if you're interested in checking things out some more~
    Thanks, I bookmarked it
    Likes  ZoboCamel liked this post

Living for drama

6. Super Moderator
    Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by RainyWoods View Post
    An absolutely gorgeous show once again, Daniel Theres a transcendental quality to some of these locations.

has voted. If this wasnt the best final ever (for me it was not actually as Im only super in love with two or three entries) what it certainly has managed to be is one of the most voteable finals ever, song wise. Including my semi shortlists, there were eighteen songs I could have happily voted for here. Naturally some songs had to miss out, and a couple feel underappreciated in my points, but there was nothing much I could do.

It was a two horse race for my 12. One song which easily fits my mould, and another which grew on me incredibly strongly throughout the edition. In the end I had to follow my heart on this one.
    Btw, I'm not sure if you know about this or not, but your banner shows "Imagine Peace Tower", a memorial to John Lennon from Yoko Ono. It's located on one of the islands near Reykjavik. It obviously contains a reference to your winner song so I thought it was suitable to give it to you
    Likes  JamieBrown, RainyWoods liked this post

7. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by daniels1000 View Post
    Btw, I'm not sure if you know about this or not, but your banner shows "Imagine Peace Tower", a memorial to John Lennon from Yoko Ono. It's located on one of the islands near Reykjavik. It obviously contains a reference to your winner song so I thought it was suitable to give it to you
    That's wonderful and very thoughtful of you I knew of the memorial actually as I've read about it, and also I recall that Yoko Ono is an honorary Icelandic citizen. I didn't realise it's what you chose for my banner though. I like it even more now

Likes  daniels1000 liked this post

8. Addict
    Portugal

has voted. Tbh, I didn't find this edition so interesting as others in my WV journey ... I had to listen to all songs to come to a conclusion, since I couldn't point a song that was miles better than the others...

But I really really like my top 10 and I feel bad for leaving some songs I enjoyed out of my points... Good luck to everyone
    TOP 3 | 2017: Moldova, Armenia, Norway | 2018: Cyprus, Albania, Georgia | 2019: Albania, Norway, Italy
    WV111: MASTIKSOUL & MARIZA - LIVRE

9. Wizard
    Ireland

has just voted in this super-hot final
    Give me your skype!

10. Senior Member
    United States

has voted

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast