Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? GROUP E - ddl: 29/8 20 CET!

1. Legend
    Sweden

Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? GROUP E - ddl: 29/8 20 CET!

Hey everyone, I thought it was about time we do a new game on the forum, this one is calle Eurovision Team Cup! I have selected the 10 best ranked songs from each country in Eurovision which will help their country to go all the way to the final of this tournament built competition. 48 teams will compete in eight groups of six countries and the top 4 in each group will qualify to the next round. The rules are simple, you vote for your fave in each match and the one with the best scores in the group qualifies. 47 of these are countries that has at least 10 songs competed in ESC (except for Czech Republic, which I allowed to reuse two of their songs to make the groups even), while one team is called MASA, for the four teams that hadn't 10 countries, those are Morocco, Andorra, Slovakia and Australia. In their case, I have chosen the one song from Morocco, and the three best songs from each of the other three ones. When it comes to the two songs from Serbia & Montenegro, those has been divided to their later independent parts.

We will begin with the group stage, where I will have one group open for about three to four days at a time. The groups has been put together randomly, seeded only by the percentage of points they earned over all the years Eurovision excisted. Each team will have five rounds in the group stage, In the first round songs that were the countries tenth highest score, in the 2nd round, the nineth highest placement competes and so on. In the final rounds, it will be continue with the final being only the two best placed ones against each other.

Let's continue with GROUP E, which contains these countries:

BULGARIA
    ESTONIA
    GREECE
    HUNGARY
    NETHERLANDS
    SLOVENIA

ROUND #1:
    2005 - ”Lorraine” Kaffe vs 1997 - ”Keelatud Maa” Maarja

2011 - ”Watch My Dance” Loucas Yiorkas ft. Stereo Mike vs 2018 - ”Viszlát Nyár” AWS

1980 - ”Amsterdam” Maggie MacNeal vs 1998 - ”Naj Bogovi Silsijo” Vili Resnik

ROUND #2:
    2006 - ”Let Me Cry” Mariana Popova vs 2015 - ”Wars For Nothing” Boggie

2018 - ”La Forza” Elina Nechayeva vs 1972 - ”Als Het Om De Liefde Gaat” Sandra & Andres

2009 - ”This Is Our Night” Sakis Rouvas vs 2007 - ”Cvet Z Juga” Alenka Gotar

ROUND #3:
    2013 - ”Samo Shampioni” Elitsa Todorova & Stoyan Yankulov vs 2007 - ”Yassou Maria” Sarbel

2015 - ”Goodbye To Yesterday” Elina Born & Stig Rästa vs 2019 - ”Sebi” Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl

2016 - ”Pioneer” Freddie vs 1998 - ”Hemel En Aarde” Edsilia Rombley

ROUND #4:
    1974 - ”I See A Star” Mouth & MacNeal vs 2011 - ”Na Inat” Poli Genova

1999 - ”Diamond Of Night” Evelin Samuel & Camille vs 2013 - ”Alcohol Is Free” Koza Mostra feat. Agathon Iakovidis

2015 - ”Here For You” Maraaya vs 1997 - ”Miért kell, hogy elmenj?” V.I.P.

ROUND #5:
    2002 - ”Samo Ljubezen” Sestre vs 2012 - ”Love Unlimited” Sofi Marinova

2005 - ”Forogj Világ” NOX vs 2012 - ”Kuula” Ott Lepland

1977 - ”Mathima Solfege” Pascalis, Marianna, Robert & Bessy vs 2014 - ”Calm After The Storm” The Common Linnets

Vote for your favorite in each match via pm to me before the end of the deadline, which is Thursday the 29th of August @ 20 CET.
    You only have one vote per match, but please vote in all matches!

There you have it, let's start this competition shall we!

2. Wizard
    Brazil

Re: Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? GROUP A ddl: 15/8 21 CET!

Voted. Easy tbh. Only one match I had to listen to both songs in order to decide
    Likes  Schlagerman1 liked this post

Founding member of Kate Miller-Heidke Brazil and Florin Cezar Ouatu Brazil.
    Titles given to me by me.

3. Legend
    France

Re: Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? GROUP A ddl: 15/8 21 CET!

Nice to see you back for another game dear @Schlagerman1

May I ask how you selected the ten best-ranked songs for each country? Do you mean the ten songs that had the best results?
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

Tuoremóveis

4. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    Nice to see you back for another game dear @Schlagerman1

May I ask how you selected the ten best-ranked songs for each country? Do you mean the ten songs that had the best results?
    Yes, I have picked the ten songs with the best result, first in placement, then by point. So if two songs had the same placement, the one that got the most points qualified.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

5. Mentor
    Brazil

i love this format!!!! and i have voted!

DEAD that XXL is macedonia's sixth best result. DECEASED. iconic queens. sadly that meant i couldn't vote for hot eyes either time because i stan 100% te ljubam AND halley pahr hot eyes
    Likes  Schlagerman1, lavieenrose, tuorem liked this post

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

6. Ninja
    Belgium

the best country is Estonia but sure i'll vote.
    It's not the song that matters, but what you do with it.

7. Legend
    Sweden

Got 6 voters so far with about a day left to vote! Hurry up and get your votes counted!

8. Legend
    France

Voted!

Most matches were fairly easy for me, even though some duels surprisingly won't disappoint me regardless of the outcome.

I can't wait for San Marino's turn to see Serhat, Serhat, Valentina Monetta, Valentina Monetta, Valentina Monetta and Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson make it to the next stage and achieve a Grand Slam.
    Likes  Schlagerman1, njdevils94 liked this post

Tuoremóveis

9. Legend
    Sweden

I need to cut the deadline short by an hour, so it looks like we will end on 7 voters in this group! Results to be revealed in a bit.

10. Legend
    Sweden

So here are the results for the 15 matches in Group A:

Round 1:
    Albania 2006‎ 3 - 4 Azerbaijan 2016
    Denmark 2011 0 - 7 Moldova 2010
    North Macedonia 2008 3 - 4 Turkey 2000

Round 2:
    Albania 2015 6 - 1 Moldova 2006
    Azerbaijan 2017 6 - 1 North Macedonia 1998
    Denmark 1984 5 - 2 Turkey 1986

Round 3:
    Albania 2009 5 - 2 Denmark 2010
    Azerbaijan 2015 5 - 2 Turkey 2012
    Moldova 2009 5 - 2 North Macedonia 2002

Round 4:
    North Macedonia 2004 6 - 1 Albania 2008
    Azerbaijan 2008 4 - 3 Denmark 1957
    Turkey 2008 7 - 0 Moldova 2011

Round 5:
    Turkey 2007 2 - 5 Albania 2019
    Moldova 2013 6 - 1 Azerbaijan 2019
    Denmark 1988 1 - 6 North Macedonia 2000

Group results:
    1. +7 12p
    2. +5 9p
    3. +4 9p
    4. +1 6p
    -----------------------
    5. -1 6p
    6. -13 3p

That means that Azerbaijan, Albania, Moldova and North Macedonia qualifies to the play-off round. Turkey, just losing out on score difference, and Denmark are the two that gets eliminated. Group B will be up in a bit!
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast