View Poll Results: Should Eurovision attempt to have a Superfinal?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, 100% televote

1 2.86%
  • Yes 50/50% televote/jury

0 0%
  • No thank you please

34 97.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would a superfinal in Eurovision work?

1. Mentor
    Brazil

Would a superfinal in Eurovision work?

i don't really have an opinion on this one way or another yet, but i just started thinking about it and since it sounds like it would be a spicy subject i am going to make a thread all about it. OFF-SEASON PRIORITIES.

so, superfinals. so exciting when NFs have them, right? should eurovision attempt to have one? give a little more drama and a little more sense of decision and finality to the contest? there is always the complaint that the winner is never the winner of the majority, but rather of the biggest or loudest minority, which is a complaint i don't enjoy because i do like the idea of winners being just the most committed niche instead of a bland consensus.

but at the same time... wouldn't it be a bit exciting if we could actually stop someone from winning in a final two or final three scenario lol? imagine the drama if someone won in our current format and then lost the superfinal, eesti laul 2014 style. i would live for the internet meltdowns, specially depending on the flags involved.

and if a superfinal was introduced, would it be televote only, or would juries have 50% of the vote still? i guess they'd have to use the data from their regular vote instead of having them vote again because otherwise it's a logistical nightmare, but it's probably what would happen since i don't think ebu is inclined to give us 100% televote anything at this point.

what do you guys think? yes or GROSS KILL IT?
    ~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

2. Legend
    United States

Re: Would a superfinal in Eurovision work?

No x

RIP Carola's self-written song about Jebus
    12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
    I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

3. Super Moderator
    Kazakhstan

i still have nightmares about the eesti laul superfinal killing kerli
    Likes  FilipFromSweden liked this post

'Every day I feel like jesus' - Sultana
    'Britney Spears can't sing. She can quack, but she can't sing.' - lavieenrose

My current timezone is GMT.

4. Mentor
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    i was so happy about that back then because VERONA <3333 but then i found out how it's like when the shoe's on the other foot when victor crone won this year under the exact same scenario as koit and laura, so i can't disagree with you. ugh. at least he revealed himself to be an adorable golden retriever in human form during eurovision, as bad as his song was.
    Likes  tuorem, Gabe liked this post

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

5. Addict
    Indonesia

....no, for a lot of reasons, no.
    Likes  njdevils94, Stiven, anto475, Ringdalen liked this post

we have come here for you, and we're coming in peace, mothership will take you on, higher, higher

6. Legend
    France

In the poll, I voted for the option "hvala, ne !"

The superfinal concept is a no for me too. It would encourage some people to vote strategically, then something weird would happen and we'd realise S!sters won over Mahmood eventually. I'm not here for that.

To some extent, I kind of understand why some NFs use that system (more cointz earned and the representative is the result of a validated consensus). But applying it to the whole continent would be messy af imo.
    Likes  njdevils94, Loindici, anto475, FilipFromSweden liked this post

Na površju vse je mirno, a v meni je KAOS

7. Addict
    UK

I think it would just cause a whole host of extra problems. ESC 2019 had so many technical issues and judge mess ups that trying to implement a superfinal for 2020... I can see a mess

Superfinals are okay for National Selections (for the most part) but for ESC itself, I don't think it would work so well. We could just about deal with the current format, the stress would be too much
    Likes  FilipFromSweden liked this post

8. Mentor
    Austria

Tbh a superfinal has never been entertaining to me or bringing me more suspense in any NF... So a clear no from me.
    Likes  Ringdalen liked this post

CURRENT 2019 RANKING: 12 The Netherlands 10 Italy 8 Azerbaijan 7 Norway 6 Switzerland 5 Portugal 4 Cyprus 3 Iceland 2 Malta 1 Czech Republic

9. Veteran
    Germany

Definitely not, it would make some people voting for a song not because they like it, but because they don´t like the other contender(s) and that shouldn´t be the sense of voting imo.
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

Don’t stop rock, rock this place - Don’t stop tryin’, try your best - Don’t stop, don’t stop movin´ (Switzerland 2012 - Sinplus - Unbreakable)

10. Legend
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post

RIP Carola's self-written song about Jebus
    12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
    I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast