Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup 2019

1. Ninja
    United States

Women's World Cup 2019

Good start for the hosts France defeating South Korea 4-0. Center back Wendie Renard with 2 goals. Both of them headers off corners. Captain Amandine Henry a goal (best goal of the night by far. Sweet long range effort) and assist. Eugénie Le Sommer with the other goal and the other center back Griedge Mbock Bathy had what would of been a really nice finish hooked into the far corner ruled out for offsides. In my opinion the wrong call.
    Likes  Schlagerman1 liked this post

2. Guru
    Germany

Re: Women's World Cup 2019

So excited for the game today. vs . Let's gooo.
    WLSC Arva | WV Greece

3. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Mrvn View Post
    So excited for the game today. vs . Let's gooo.
    Yeah, looking forward to that one too, interesting to see how Germany stands nowadays. China is hard team to score against, but they SHOULD win this in the end. Sadly I see now that it is very few germans in the audience, I expected way more people in the crowd when it is held in a neighbouring country.

4. Ninja
    United States

Comfortable win for Norway in the end over Nigeria

I'm sure @anaraqueen is excited tomorrow for Brazil to take on World cup debutants Jamaica

https://twitter.com/brfootball/statu...66922226933760
    Likes  anaraqueen liked this post

5. Wizard
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by njdevils94 View Post
    Comfortable win for Norway in the end over Nigeria

I'm sure @anaraqueen is excited tomorrow for Brazil to take on World cup debutants Jamaica

https://twitter.com/brfootball/statu...66922226933760
    i'll probably be either sleeping or at the gym i hope it's the latter as i can watch it there
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

Founding member of Kate Miller-Heidke Brazil and Florin Cezar Ouatu Brazil.
    Titles given to me by me.

6. Legend
    Sweden

So far many interesting matches!

France looked insanely good against Korea, wonder if anyone could stop them (or will it be themselves as it always has been...)

Germany was really shaky defensively, but even when they play so-so, they always win, and so this time. China looks like a strong contender for the best 3rd placers to qualify to round of 16.

South Africa played better than I ever could imagine, but couldn't come back from those penalties (where the 2nd one shouldn't have been one IMO). Spain must shape up though to even has a chance against the best teams.

Norway won easily, no problem against Nigeria. I think Korea and Nigera will both fail to qualify to the round of 16...

And just now, Italy finally made this years first surprise by winning against Australia. Well deserved and really important for Italian football, that has started to give the women the recognition they deserve.

Looking forward to see Jamaica against Brazil, a country you never know if they are one of the best or not. And the derby England-Scotland will be a special one, where both teams has improved a lot recently!

7. Ninja
    United States

Cristiane hat-trick for Brazil vs Jamaica 3-0
    Likes  Schlagerman1, JSSArcos, anaraqueen liked this post

8. Super Moderator
    Kazakhstan

England looked pretty assured today, probably should have been 3-0 or 4-0 by the time Scotland scored though. Overall a professional performance, and a good start
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

'Every day I feel like jesus' - Sultana
    'Britney Spears can't sing. She can quack, but she can't sing.' - lavieenrose

My current timezone is GMT.

9. Ninja
    United States

Seeing the highlights of Saturday's game between Spain and South Africa. Spain very lucky with those penalties. Great first goal by Thembi Kgatlana for Banyana Banyana.

10. Legend
    Sweden

Well Brazil won fairly easy as expected, but Jamaica showed that they weren't total pushovers at least and should be proud.

And England should have won much bigger against Scotland, they were by far the better team of the two. England looks like a strong contender for a medal here.

Interesting matches today as well, the champions of 2011 Japan against Argentina, will be interesting to see if Argentina has improved over the years they been gone from the world stage. Also my favorite team from 2015 Cameroon is up against Canada, a match which Canada probably will win, but I hope Cameroon give us the same lovely attack football that they brought us last world cup!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast