Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup 2019

1. Legend
    Sweden

Re: Women's World Cup 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Mrvn View Post
    What. A. Game. Spain would've deserved it, but I'm so happy rn.

From what I saw of the match, Germany got lucky again....Must say I will get irritated if this is the way Germany will grab a medal in the end

2. Guru
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Schlagerman1 View Post
    From what I saw of the match, Germany got lucky again....Must say I will get irritated if this is the way Germany will grab a medal in the end
    I think we played better than last game, but Spain is just mindblowing. Their technique is amazing, wouldn't mind if they win tbh.
    NSC Arva | WV Greece

3. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Mrvn View Post
    I think we played better than last game, but Spain is just mindblowing. Their technique is amazing, wouldn't mind if they win tbh.
    Yeah Spain do have some amazing technique, but what makes them a bit down on the list of the best european countries is that they seem to get nervous in championship and has a hard time scoring. I hope that one day they will go through to a semi, to show all those doubters at home, but as it looks now, I wouldn't be surprised if they qualify as 3rd (cause China is a super strong defensive team) and end up getting eliminated by England in the round of 16.

4. Veteran
    Germany

Well, I knew the numbers would be big, but this was crazy. And I get irritated by the americans celebrating each goal like it was their first or 2nd, relax a little and show a little respect please. Anyhow, impossible to win the group for us, but I hope we can put the americans in their place in the last match, cause their behaviour was childish.

Sure that North Korea SHOULD have gotten Thailands place, but I believe that 5 asian teams are one too many. It is a big jump after Japan, Australia and China in asia, where now South Korea is 4th, and I guess that the 5th slot is to ensure that those three do qualify, but still.
    Fun fact: Thailand would have qualified even with 4 spots given to Asia. South Korea was the team that became 5th

Anyway, 3 spots would be enough imo.

As it was said before Spain is a tough opponent that furthermore plays a dominant and style with great technical skills. That's why they had more possession. But from what I saw of the match (mostly second half) Germany had the better opportunities to score a second goal than Spain to score the equalizer. Even though Spain were good on the ball and had some great passing they didnt get into our box often enough to bring us into trouble.

Being successful with ugly playing style and lucky goals? That's basically what German men national team did for decades (before in the 2000s the emphasis in youth promotion was put on technical skills) so maybe our girls wanna follow in their footsteps

Germany plays some garbage, both games were really dissapointing. That defense will be in huge shambles once we face a real attacking side. Spain plays great football but have no idea how to score. Jenni Hermoso such a joy to watch tho <3

That being said potential quarterfinals looking good already

France - USA
    Germany - Sweden

lookin' at the church in the night sky
    wonderin' whether God's gonna say hi

6. Mentor
    Norway

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Germans won this tournament because they tend to get better
    That being said, disappointing not to see their number 10 yesterday but I found out that she’s injured and might lose the whole world cup

7. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by DaFlo View Post
    Germany plays some garbage, both games were really dissapointing. That defense will be in huge shambles once we face a real attacking side. Spain plays great football but have no idea how to score. Jenni Hermoso such a joy to watch tho <3

That being said potential quarterfinals looking good already

France - USA
    Germany - Sweden

Well, or Germany could be up against the Netherlands probably. We will have no chance on earth against Netherlands, even if they were a little shaky against the New Zealand.

8. Mentor
    Norway

That penalty kick yesterday though
    lol
    but looking at the tablet, I think it's better to place 2nd in the group actually...

9. Ninja
    United States

Interesting first half in Montpellier

started the better but were unable to create much. Brazil won a penalty just past 25 minutes which Marta buried. It was won by Leticia santos who was being held by Elise Kellond-Knight off the Debinha cross. Brazil got a second to delight @anaraqueen when Tamires nutmegged Emily Gielnik to send Debina through down the left her cross was accurately headed into the corner by Cristiane. The Matildas would get one back though to get back into it. Originally Monica looked to have saved a goal from Sam Kerr but the ball came back in and she was caught ball watching leading to a flick on by Chloe Logarzo across for Caitln Foord who bundled the ball home in first half injury time
    Likes  Schlagerman1, DaFlo, anaraqueen liked this post

10. Ninja
    United States

FT 3 2

Disastrous second half for Brazil as they go down 3-2 to Australia. The Matildas equalized just shy of the hour mark when Chloe Logarzo's cross intended for Kerr went past everybody including the goalie Barbara and into the net. Barbara should of done better keeping that out. Then the controversial moment of the match. Monica's own goal was originally ruled out due to Sam Kerr being off sides but the decision was overturned by VAR allowing the goal to be given as Kerr was judged not to be interfering with play. IMO she clearly was.

Brazil response was poor in the last 20 or so minutes as they created next to nothing and now probably need at least a draw vs Italy in their final match. Marta and Formiga were taken off at halftime and the subs Luana and Ludmila weren't really able to make enough of an impact.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast