Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup 2019

1. Mentor
    Norway

Re: Women's World Cup 2019

I reckon the fact that Germany were awful two years ago, fielding some players where I'm able to say that I'm much better although I genuinely respect women's football and typically enjoy following tournaments and the Champions League final Those players did not play yesterday though which is good
    I would not mind if Germany won this tournament as I have a positive bias towards German football and was as devastated as I was when Jess placed 20th last year when the Germans went out in the group stage in Russia
    2018 was a bad year for me

My girl Kosovare Asllani making Sverige proud
    Likes  Schlagerman1, njdevils94 liked this post

lookin' at the church in the night sky
    wonderin' whether God's gonna say hi

3. Legend
    Sweden

Thank god we won that match...but UH same problem as always, noone is shooting!! Passes everywhere and nothing happens. Finally Asllani scores and also a Fantastic goal by our new star Madelen Janogy!

Now watching USA wreck Thailand...a goal every ten minutes is not impossible here....Asia do have one spot too many in Womens World Cup nowadays.

4. Ninja
    Netherlands

North Korea was defeated in pre qualification on goal difference by s. Korea... Hence Thailand was kinda lucky with all the draws to qualify
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

The NetherlandsBananKenya

Thailand

If you trash and you know it you gotta try some masterclass defending like Argentina did. Asian teams smh
    lookin' at the church in the night sky
    wonderin' whether God's gonna say hi

6. Wizard
    Brazil

we understand your pain dear thailand
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

ESC19 || 12 - Australia 10 - Iceland 8 - Norway 7 - Serbia 6 - Spain 5 - Italy 4 - San Marino 3 - Georgia 2 - Switzerland 1 - Romania

7. Legend
    Sweden

Well, I knew the numbers would be big, but this was crazy. And I get irritated by the americans celebrating each goal like it was their first or 2nd, relax a little and show a little respect please. Anyhow, impossible to win the group for us, but I hope we can put the americans in their place in the last match, cause their behaviour was childish.

Sure that North Korea SHOULD have gotten Thailands place, but I believe that 5 asian teams are one too many. It is a big jump after Japan, Australia and China in asia, where now South Korea is 4th, and I guess that the 5th slot is to ensure that those three do qualify, but still.

8. Ninja
    Netherlands

Well I mean we can also talk about every other continent except Europe...

I think the best 24 countries are the three you named USA, Canada, Brazil and 18 European Countries...
    The NetherlandsBananKenya

9. Guru
    Germany

What. A. Game. Spain would've deserved it, but I'm so happy rn.

NSC Arva | WV Greece

10. Legend
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Himan View Post
    Well I mean we can also talk about every other continent except Europe...

I think the best 24 countries are the three you named USA, Canada, Brazil and 18 European Countries...
    Sure, but it is a world cup after all, so all continents should be there. Cameroon went on to the round of 16 four years ago and from what I watched so far I think that Argentina deserved their place after their hard thought draw, also New Zealand after a good showing against Netherlands. Womens football is evolving in all parts slowly but steadily. Also who knows, after Japan won in 2011, anything is possible in the years to come!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast