Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stage Design

1. Junior Member
    Indonesia

Re: Stage Design

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaVision View Post
    After Israel went wild with the triangles, I can't get my mind off the idea of circles.
    Here's my list so far of circular things to incorporate: stroopwafels, spinning windmills, bicycle wheels, cheese wheels, Dutch ovens (from a bird's-eye view), (Duncan) donuts, buttons on an arcade, tulips arranged in a circle
    I want these kinds of ideas as an inspiration! It could be cool!
    Dohot holong ni roha, Loindici.

2. Junior Member
    Indonesia

Anyways... this topic has been in discussion for a long, long time.

Would a 360 stage work?

Considering that in 2011, Wieder Designs made a semi-360 stage (it was in full circle but, oh well, we still have a giant-as-fig screen in the back):

would there be any possibilities of the production teams either implementing something similar to this, or even go crazier and install full 360?
    Likes  blue00eyes liked this post

3. Mentor
    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Loindici View Post
    Anyways... this topic has been in discussion for a long, long time.

Would a 360 stage work?

Considering that in 2011, Wieder Designs made a semi-360 stage (it was in full circle but, oh well, we still have a giant-as-fig screen in the back):

would there be any possibilities of the production teams either implementing something similar to this, or even go crazier and install full 360?
    Where would you put the LEDs/background lights?

4. Hero
    Austria

I was dreaming of a 360 stage since many years. Visual effects do not matter so much to me, but you can use the audience for projections. Worked at the Olympics ceremonies quite well. Or have canvasses ready at the ceiling. It's up to the delegations how to use the stage anyway.

It depends on the venue. Wouldn't work well in these small venues we had since 2013.
    Likes  Loindici liked this post

Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

5. Junior Member
    Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by anto475 View Post
    Where would you put the LEDs/background lights?
    Interesting.

There can be several methods to put visual enhancers on a 360° stage, in my opinion:

1. Put an LED screen behind the stage
    This worked out pretty well with the 2011 stage. For a smaller venue they could use a smaller screen.

2. Put LED screens above the stage
    This is usually done for 360° stages. If you search '360 stage' you would find examples of this pretty often. Some examples like the Arcade Fire stage can be pretty intricate.

3. Using audiences as projection screens
    This has sort of been done in Eurovision Choir 2017

4. Play with a BUNCH of lights
    I mean, this has worked on 2018, it's quite worth it.

5. Play with holograms
    Wieder Design initially planned to do holograms in the 'Jamala' stage before:

Likes  anto475 liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234