Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stage Design

1. Addict
    Indonesia

Re: Stage Design

There aren't any Dutch stage designers that I found yet, so I'll put an international promising one here.
    The stage designer team I wanna see in 2020 is Julio Himede. He designed the stages of MTV European Music Awards. Here is his design for EMA 2018 in Bilbao, Spain, which imcorporates a 360 stage and four satellite stages:

What I find promising is that the team designed the EMA 2016 stage which is hosted in Ahoy Rotterdam:

we have come here for you, and we're coming in peace, mothership will take you on, higher, higher

2. Ninja
    Germany

I want something simple. The Ema 2016 stage looks nice.
    No big catwalk, no b stage... The artists won't use them anyway.
    Likes  Loindici liked this post

#letKAZAKHSTANdebutfinally

3. Ninja
    Germany

Please, no cubes again. Denmark 2014 was one of the worst stages ever!
    Likes  Loindici, Zonne147 liked this post

I feel the sun upon my skin
    And I am someone, I am someone

4. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    What!! I think it's one of the best this decade. I loved it. People could use the cubes, or not and they'd be completely clear for the LED behind it. It was great imo. For me, I just hope we don't end up with something cheap and meh looking like 2013, or with no LEDs at all like 2018 and 2010. Catwalks tbh I think are pointless extras tbh. They're hardly ever used. 2009 never had one and it wasn't missed.

WV Mid-Atlantic States
    TBA
    NSC Solentoya
    Anahí ft. Wisin - Rumba

5. Mentor
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    To me the stage looked like construction work... I still like it though but if I focus on the cubes I really lose track

6. Addict
    Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Preuss View Post
    To me the stage looked like construction work... I still like it though but if I focus on the cubes I really lose track
    2014 had a really weird stage. I like the cubes though, gives a unique feel and use to that stage -- I actually feel that screen curtain is not needed instead.
    Although I hope they didn't put some wasteful features like the water pool. Sure looks fancy but only Poland out of any are using them.
    Likes  FilipFromSweden liked this post

we have come here for you, and we're coming in peace, mothership will take you on, higher, higher

7. Ninja
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    For me, I just hope we don't end up with something cheap and meh looking like 2013, or with no LEDs at all like 2018 and 2010. Catwalks tbh I think are pointless extras tbh. They're hardly ever used. 2009 never had one and it wasn't missed.
    While I agree with everything here -

I still consider the 2014 cubes kinda old-school. They remind me of the 80s LED-walls which were made of dozens of squares and, I don't know, still annoy me

What the modern cubes is concerned... It feels like the inside of a tesseract (okay, I admit, I have never been in one but it must feel like that in them).
    I feel the sun upon my skin
    And I am someone, I am someone

8. Active Member
    United States

After Israel went wild with the triangles, I can't get my mind off the idea of circles.
    Here's my list so far of circular things to incorporate: stroopwafels, spinning windmills, bicycle wheels, cheese wheels, Dutch ovens (from a bird's-eye view), (Duncan) donuts, buttons on an arcade, tulips arranged in a circle

"Eurovision" already has two circles in its name so it's perfect! I think I'm on to something, guys.
    AVROTROS/NOS/NPO please hire me
    Likes  Loindici, KingJulian liked this post

9. Hero
    Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaVision View Post
    After Israel went wild with the triangles, I can't get my mind off the idea of circles.
    Here's my list so far of circular things to incorporate: stroopwafels, spinning windmills, bicycle wheels, cheese wheels, Dutch ovens (from a bird's-eye view), (Duncan) donuts, buttons on an arcade, tulips arranged in a circle

"Eurovision" already has two circles in its name so it's perfect! I think I'm on to something, guys.
    AVROTROS/NOS/NPO please hire me
    Likes  anto475, VirginiaVision, Loindici, Stiven liked this post

10. Hero
    Austria

This for me is the best staged Eurovision song this decade

What a class act.

Compared to this, "Arcade" appears so boring and conservative.
    Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast