Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stage Design

1. Veteran
    Italy

Re: Stage Design

LED's are not that essential to me. I barely thought about their absence in 2018
    Likes  Alaska49, Loindici, anto475, tomos2019, Etanna, HayashiM liked this post

Maruv and Mahmood

2. Mentor
    Brazil

i understand that LEDs are now essential to level the field and allow everyone to keep up with ever increasing expectations of staging but i loooooved that lisbon didn't give this choice and made everyone get creative. sure, it exposed that some countries really just can't compete anymore which is why LEDs need to stay (PAHR SAN MARINO), and some other countries just put their own damn screen or an equivalent on their concepts (side-eyeing europe for buying italy's staging to this day), but some stages were so incredible.

this year was supposed to be the golden compromise between that and having LEDs but then KAN suuuuuuuucked so other than zero gravity being the best thing to be filmed, there wasn't so much to be done, hopefully next year there is more zero gravity and less [shot of empty stairs where victor crone was supposed to be].
    Likes  Loindici, Etanna, anto475, randajad liked this post

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

3. Enthusiast
    Indonesia

I also think big catwalks were not necessary if there isn't any need to do so (ehm, Tel Aviv 2019). Sure it makes the stage look 'big' but the wide shots just proved it made the main stage looked so minuscule.
    Likes  anto475 liked this post

Dohot holong ni roha, Loindici.

4. Veteran
    France

A similar stage as 2016 in , please...
    Likes  tomos2019 liked this post

underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

5. Junkie
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    2016 edition of ESC was pretty amazing... that stage
    Likes  tomos2019 liked this post

6. Hero
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Preuss View Post
    No more Sacha Jean-Baptiste ruining entries when we're talking about staging...
    at least she can stick to one entry every year
    the fact that she happens to do entries every year that I really like and then fail miserably is...
    so I'd perhaps take a non LED screen year for her to stick to one entry or not just do anyone at all
    Did she fail miserably this year?

I did not like her Tamta staging but Replay did surprisingly well for whatever reason.
    Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

7. Hero
    Austria

That stage looked like an XXL apple shop window full of electronic gadgets with blue and teal screensavers.

My favourite stage is Lisbon 2018. Tel Aviv was pretty amazing too, especially the roof elements. But it also look like a huge tablet.
    Likes  Loindici liked this post

Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

8. Junkie
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Did she fail miserably this year?

I did not like her Tamta staging but Replay did surprisingly well for whatever reason.
    Although I consider 13th place in the end quite okay, it’s not the result that Cyprus, the delegation and Tamta was looking for. And as I’ve mentioned earlier, her jury score was quite okay but she got 12 points from Georgia and Greece, ten shady televote points from San Marino and a single point from the UK which means that at the end of the day she could’ve been second to last in televoting with a single point lol

And yes tell me the differences between «She Got Me» and «Replay» but in no universe one song deserves 200 points from the televote more than the other lol, but this is where the staging comes into picture because «Replay», although I quite like it, could’ve been a lot better. Especially because the song gives you fire and heat and therefore red should’ve featured in the performance but it did not because Sacha worked with Luca as well

Short conclusion: Tamta deserved better and a stage choreographer who was 100% into her performance and not spending time on another performance with basically the same song and then succeed and coming 4th
    so this is perhaps the main reason why I’m not very fond of her because she’s playing russian roulette with her acts and the performers who invest a lot of time deserve better
    Likes  Loindici, tomos2019 liked this post

9. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    That stage looked like an XXL apple shop window full of electronic gadgets with blue and teal screensavers.

My favourite stage is Lisbon 2018. Tel Aviv was pretty amazing too, especially the roof elements. But it also look like a huge tablet.
    I... Sorry, I can't manage to get your point here with this weird comparison between a stage and an electronics shop.
    underrate /ʌndəˈreɪt/ : underestimate the extent, value, or importance of someone.

10. Enthusiast
    Indonesia

I... Sorry, I can't manage to get your point here with this weird comparison between a stage and an electronics shop.
    Ezio probably meant it just looked like plethoras of gadget screens.

But hey, that stage was amazing!
    Likes  John1 liked this post

Dohot holong ni roha, Loindici.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast