BELGIUM 2020

UK

Re: BELGIUM 2020

The Voice van Vlaanderen finalist Wannes Lacroix is keen to do Eurovision

https://escunited.com/belgium-the-vo...do-eurovision/

3. Active Member
    Czech Republic

another super-young representant for Belgium? I mean I don't mind, they have been sending unique, modern, high-quality songs and I hope they will continue to deliver. Hopefully, the director of their performances will learn from the mistakes though.

4. Ninja
    Belgium

There's no info on the VRT selection procedure as far as I can tell, but my gut feeling tells me they will go for a The Voice contestant of some kind. I wonder whether Laura would be interested to do it again? Her career's in the lift but she definitely loves attention enough to do it again.
    It's not the song that matters, but what you do with it.

5. Veteran
    Sweden

2019 was a good entry, problem is when you send these super young and inexperienced singers that sometimes things can go as in 2019 and it's simply too much for them at once... some can take the pressure, while some need more time to mature to the task and Eliot was certainly the latter... ESC is a huge thing for any artist, let alone newcomers.... also staging in 2019 was a let down as well. I wouldn't mind another entry done by Pierre Dumoulin (2019 , 2017) though as he did two of the best Belgian entries for the past decade, but he seems to be rather connected to RTBF so I don't see VRT picking this guy. I didn't really enjoy any Belgian entry picked by VRT since 2008, so we'll see...

6. Ninja
    Belgium

I actually wouldn't mind just Pierre himself as an entrant. He's handsome, talented and apparently can sing? What is RTBF waiting for???

As for VRT, *my* personal pick would be BAZART. I absolutely love their moody, polyphonic brand of indie electropop and they're one of the few successful Belgian bands to sing exclusively in Flemish:

Make it happen~ (Eefje de Visser can rep the Netherlands, I guess )
    Likes  Loindici liked this post

It's not the song that matters, but what you do with it.

7. Mentor
    Brazil

belgium, both channels, needs to try not sending incredibly young people for a change. THE CONCEPT. loved this bazart song AND he is good looking, so he would probably qualify with anything sounding like this.
    ~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

It's time for sth fresh.

They tried to copy Blanche the last two years and failed horribly. They should go for sth completely different next year, no more mid fake woke songs thank you.
    Iím someoneís shot of whiskey, not everyoneís tea
    Cause Iím free and Iím a freak, all the people I love I try to keep

9. Guru
    Netherlands

I like it that it is the Flemish broadcaster's turn

Ik vind het toch gezelliger dat de Vlamingen naar ons toe komen dan dat we met de Walen zaten
    Personal winners 19: | 18: Israel | 17: France | 16: Australia | 15: Estonia | 14: Netherlands | 13: Israel | 12: Sweden | 11: Serbia | 10: Germany

UK

Quote Originally Posted by BorisBubbles View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind just Pierre himself as an entrant. He's handsome, talented and apparently can sing? What is RTBF waiting for???

As for VRT, *my* personal pick would be BAZART. I absolutely love their moody, polyphonic brand of indie electropop and they're one of the few successful Belgian bands to sing exclusively in Flemish:

Make it happen~ (Eefje de Visser can rep the Netherlands, I guess )
    I sent one of their songs to a contest on here a few years back. Would be a fantastic choice but I don't see it!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast