Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: sivso ranks top 50 ESC songs of the 2010s

1. Junior Member
    San Marino

sivso ranks top 50 ESC songs of the 2010s

I am not sure if this is the right place? Hi I'm sivso and this is my ranking to introduce myself too I guess and spread my opinions as gospel. Eurovision has GROWN UP WITH ME it has been there for me since 2008 and I am going to rank the top 50 songs which are all very near and dear to me.

The list has

x1
    x2
    x1
    x2 <3
    x2
    x2
    x1
    x1
    x3
    x1
    x1
    x1
    x2
    x2
    x1
    x1
    x2 <3
    x2
    x3
    x1
    x1
    x1
    :o x2
    x2
    x1
    x4 <3
    x2
    x1
    x4

5x 2019
    5x 2018
    5x 2017
    10x 2016
    5x 2015
    5x 2014
    5x 2013
    4x 2012
    1x 2011
    5x 2010

NOTE my taste might not be like popular opinion around here really idk?~ and if this is in the wrong place sorry

Hint for 50th: 2010
    Likes  LastDreamer, lavieenrose, WhoKnows liked this post

~Suzytic~

2. Junior Member
    San Marino

Re: sivso ranks top 50 ESC songs of the 2010s

50. Filipa Azevedo - Há Dias Assim

Portugal 2010
    18th place
    Portugal: 2/2
    2010: 5/5

Aw I love this song. ^__^ It's so sweet and also vulnerable, it sounds like a kind of Disney song? Now I am NOT one for ballads, there are not many in this but the way it builds up is amazing. <3 She really SUNG on the night and it shows, sadly it somehow didn't pay off? Like it got 4th in the semi but seems to have gotten lost on the night, idrk, I was 9 years old in 2010 so didn't remember this song til I came back to it and I can say it is my 2nd favourite Portugal entry this year *we look at my signature* Umm idk what else to say but it's this low since it's just pleasant and...stuff ^_^

49. Francesca Michielin - No Degree Of Separation

Italy 2016
    16th Place
    Italy: 1/1
    2016: 10/10

Yeah this is my fav Italian entry this decade. lol :<3 I do really like Soldi & whatever the 2018 one was called but this is just soo cute! <3 Wait let me see what emotes are on this board. there we go. Obviously her staging was a bit weird and the dungarees? HMM. But the song is just too cute to leave out of this ranking & it has a nice message so there we go!

HINT FOR 48/47: both finished top 3 in their year!

~Suzytic~

3. Amateur
    United States

Estonia 2012 is winning

4. Junior Member
    San Marino

48. Paula Selling & Ovi - Playing With Fire

Romania 2010
    3rd Place
    Romania: 2/2
    2010: 4/5

This funky song! It's fun and upbeat which was needed in the 2010 final. I do like the verses especially but the chorus is kinda just okay to me but it definitely deserved Top 3 even if I have it 4th for 2010 two of the songs I like more didn't make the final so lol. Not much else to say, I like Paula more with her screech notes <3 And the staging was fine!

47. The Common Linnets - Calm After The Storm

Netherlands 2014
    2nd Place
    Netherlands: 3/3
    2014: 5/5

MAYBE too low idk what the opinion of this is around here? Obviously it's a very beautiful and CALM song which is nice and I didn't expect it to do as good as 2nd before 2014? I don't really remember 2014 pre-show but it shocked me. But it makes sense. I like how EvilIlse goes around rotating men out of her group for fun I am glad Arcade won and all but this would be a better winner oop. And he isn't on the list. The black & white staging is a really nice effect etc.

Triple update!

46. Moje 3 - Ljubav je svuda

Serbia 2013
    27th Place (11th in the semi)
    Serbia: 1/1
    2013: 5/5

Just noticed I forgot to put Serbia on my countries list but oh well. I love trainwreck entries and this delivered. In the NF I believe they had the angel/devil outfits to show the song was about GOOD vs EVIL. And then they show up to Malmo in these hideous quilt outfits that look like they wouldn't even be in-fashion for Barbie in the 80s lol. As for the song itself I love it, I love an upbeat screamy song and this was honestly robbed of being in the final but the self-sabotage they went through really put everything off for them. AS for them I love the devil girl <3 and Nevena came back this year but her song was NOT worth being associated with goddesses Moje 3. Ahhhhh ljubav je svudaaaaaaaaaa

HINT FOR 44/43/42: idk yet let me sort out my list.

Likes  LastDreamer liked this post

~Suzytic~

5. Wizard
    Brazil

there is moje 3 the list is CORRECT
    Likes  LastDreamer liked this post

Dear WV contestant please vote in my NF!!!!!!
    South Korea Green Room, page 83 x

6. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

Moje 3 very robbed. That song was great, I dare say better than what was sung this year from Serbia. Although also great. I suppose quite a few people are fans of calm after the storm but I hated it then and still do now. Although its staging was effective.

WV Western USA
    Gwen Stefani - What you waiting for?
    NSC Solentoya
    Same Difference ft. Alcazar - Karma Karma

7. Junior Member
    San Marino

45. Ira Losco - Walk On Water

Malta 2016
    12th Place
    Malta: 2/2
    2016: 9/10

Ira Losco <3 washed up hags are my FAV Eurovision archetype, Carola, Anna Vissi, Tamta etc. And this was just a good like...modern song? That I liked. When this was top 5 with juries I was shocked, she was the original Tamara, but then she got owned lol. idk what to say here except I did really like the song especially the WHOA WHOA WHOA parts. No idea what she was trying to do with the staging but it made for a nice mess...? And 12th was a good place for it hehe. Good job Malta since I usually dislike you!

44. Greta Salóme - Hear Them Calling

Iceland 2016
    34th Place (14th in Semi 1 lol)
    Iceland: 2/2
    2016: 8/10

SO robbed omg. I have plenty of NQs on this list but they were mostly self-sabotaged or joke entries where I can SEE why it didn't make it to the final? But this there was like not much of a reason idk I don't see it not to wank over this when it's been three years but...? The staging was unique, the song felt ICELANDIC and fun. Maybe her outfit but really she lost to Serhat? lol. I mean everyone who lost to Serhat this year DESERVED it but Greta never did. Now 2016 was obviously a strong year but Hungary qualifying TEN PLACES above this? All the fans loved it in the arena, it's a mystery to me but I call RIGGING!

Anyway I love this song.

43. Sieneke - Ik ben verliefd (Sha-la-lie)

Netherlands 2010
    34th Place (14th in Semi 2)
    Netherlands: 1/2
    2010: 4/5

Yes this is absolutely the best Dutch entry this decade. It's fucking LEGENDARY okay? Like I remember 2009-2010 I'd say was my peak Eurovision obsession although 2017-2019 has been good. But the difference is in 2010 I was like 8-9 years old and used to watch all the national selections and it was so cute omg anyway I remember the Netherlands were like WE HAVE SUCH A GREAT SONG. And made tons of people sing it to find the best. The CLEAR star was ~Peggy Mays~ who looked like Miss Piggy.
    BUT they decided to send Sieneke, young, hip, 18 going on 45. I can NOT believe she was 18 during this that poor girl ;_; It's an absolutely LEGENDARY song you should all appreciate just for how Dutch it is and how they thought it was amazing like omg...songs these days don't have this ENERGY...loved it when I was 9. And now.

Hint for 42/41/40: 2 overpositive cute forced positivity songs and a winner. One of only two winners on this ranking I believe

~Suzytic~

8. Hero
    Lithuania

or for win.

Moje 3
    I love both performances (from NF and ESC), ladies looked very cute in those outfits.

From the rest songs I like Netherlands 2014 and Romania 2010.

P.S : Based on countries spoiler I think that Loreen and Lena are those 2 winners in your list.
    Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen your YVA strawberries.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA)

9. Ninja
    Belgium

Yassss Francesca's animal crossing staging being on this <3 I enjoy every singing ranked so far, so gj <3
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

It's not the song that matters, but what you do with it.

10. Addict
    UK

I love this and am following

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast