Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: KAZAKHSTAN 2020

KAZAKHSTAN 2020

2. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: KAZAKHSTAN 2020

I say it again (like each year in the Kazakh threads):

There is absolutely no rational and fair reason as to why Kazakhstan shouldn't be allowed to enter as all the old arguments are dead since the day Australia de facto became a permanent entrant. Unlike Australia, Kazakhstan has an actual European part, but just like Australia, they are an associate member now, they broadcasted the show for years already and they are clearly interested, and just like Australia they aren't technically part of the European Broadcasting Union Area (which btw hasn't been updated for years and is just a bad excuse these days) and just like Australia, Kazakhstan isn't part of Council of Europe either (another pseudo excuse used by the EBU to lock out Kazakhstan which obviously means nothing considering Australia is in).

Then again, my conclusion as each year (since I highly doubt the EBU will open the door to Kazakhstan to the senior ESC any day soon): Australia is clearly considered "superior" as it's a rich and culturally and politically "western" country and English speaking, wheres Kazakhstan seem to be grouped into some sort "second-class" part of Europe, being culturally and politically an "ex-USSR" country, heavily influenced by Russia and other Eastern Slavic cultures (with of course Turkic and central-Asian into the mix). With Eurovision becoming more and more streamlined English Pop contest, there seems to be less and less room for cultural diversity.

Europe is UK, Europe is Spain, Europe is Ukraine, Europe is Albania, Europe is Kazakhstan... we are different, but we are all part of the same continent and Eurovision should be about celebrating our differences and bringing us together, if EBU doesn't get its original concept anymore, then it's sad.
    Likes  Gabe, Mii11 liked this post

3. Senior Member
    Yugoslavia

Can someone just tell me quickly what criteria their broadcaster is not meeting (yet) to become a full member of the EBU?
    Likes  njdevils94, anto475 liked this post

Truly, Honestly -Joanne The Scammer

4. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Oshawott View Post
    Can someone just tell me quickly what criteria their broadcaster is not meeting (yet) to become a full member of the EBU?
    Only pseudo criterias as I mentioned in my comment above, like the dated EBU area and not being a member of Council of Europe, and Australia is neither so those criterias mean nothing any longer anyways.
    Likes  anto475 liked this post

5. Wizard
    Greece

Belarus is not a member on Council of Europe either.
    Likes  anto475, A-lister, Mii11 liked this post

6. Enthusiast
    Estonia

I'm not exactly sure why many people are so eager for Kazakhstan in Eurovision. I mean, I'm not against them entering, but feel like it would be simply like Azerbaijan was - a not-exactly-democratic country where the ruling class has lot of money to spend on their participation and will probably use ESC as a PR platform, not to mention being likely another country that gives 24 points to Russia almost every year.
    Likes  Realest liked this post

Kaelakee Hääl 1996 Unbroken 2015 Supersonic 2016

7. Mentor
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post

My body is ready Noursoultan calling? I'll pick up the phone.
    THE VIDEO. YOU NEED TO POST THE VIDEO ALWAYS.

i 100% believe they don't let kazakhstan in because they are afraid of their power tbh. a country that sends something this majestic to the mess that was turkvizyon will stop at nothing and has nothing to lose. they will be unstoppable.
    Likes  njdevils94, Ewigkeit, Gabe, tuorem, John1 liked this post

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

8. Junkie
    Belgium

I was on holidays last september in Kazachstan and I can't say something else than that it's a beautiful country naturewise and they have an AMAZING music scene.
    Couldn't stop listening to the Kazach radio broadcasters while roadtripping
    Likes  Ewigkeit, tomos2019 liked this post

9. Super Moderator
    Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska49 View Post
    THE VIDEO. YOU NEED TO POST THE VIDEO ALWAYS.

i 100% believe they don't let kazakhstan in because they are afraid of their power tbh. a country that sends something this majestic to the mess that was turkvizyon will stop at nothing and has nothing to lose. they will be unstoppable.
    this post is important and everyone should read it at least four times
    Likes  Alaska49 liked this post

'Every day I feel like jesus' - Sultana
    'Britney Spears can't sing. She can quack, but she can't sing.' - lavieenrose

My current timezone is GMT.

10. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Citelis View Post
    Belarus is not a member on Council of Europe either.
    Bingo!
    Likes  Citelis liked this post

11. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreak View Post
    I'm not exactly sure why many people are so eager for Kazakhstan in Eurovision. I mean, I'm not against them entering, but feel like it would be simply like Azerbaijan was - a not-exactly-democratic country where the ruling class has lot of money to spend on their participation and will probably use ESC as a PR platform, not to mention being likely another country that gives 24 points to Russia almost every year.
    With this logic alot of countries should be thrown out of Eurovision, in fact Sweden is also a pseudo democracy these days so
    Likes  tuorem, Mainshow liked this post

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast