Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: GERMANY 2020

GERMANY 2020

Likes  Mrvn liked this post

2. Wizard
    Greece

Re: GERMANY 2020

Quote Originally Posted by FRFanESC View Post
    Think what you want but she wouldn't have finished 24th, here. To my personal opinion, I think she would have ended up in the left part of the board, at least.
    And that's why she is overrated!

3. Enthusiast
    France

I must follow Citelis there, for me Aly Ryan produces nothing outstanding. Wear Your Love was my #4 in the German NF if I remember correctly, but I liked it better than her new song (which feels pretty basic).
    If she had gone to Eurovision, I think she would have done like Malta or Cyprus.
    Likes  Citelis, AshleyWright liked this post

4. Guru
    Germany

Aly Ryan might be overrated amongst fans but she wouldn't have placed Bottom 5 with "Wear Your Love". It was a strong, catchy and well-produced track. Sounded contemporary and interesting enough to attract votes.

I still can't believe some juries tried to make Sisters happen.
    #letKAZAKHSTANdebutfinally

5. Enthusiast
    Germany

Hi,

Im new here and this is my first post in this forum.

Unfortunately Im pretty pessimistic about Germanys chances in 2020. With the exception of Michael Schulte in 2018 the NDR has proved they are unable to handle Eurovision, and i could see the disastrous result this year light years ahead.

I think NDR should give the responsibility to another broadcaster like WDR, it doesnt mean they would be better, but after so many lost years it would be at least some kind of a new beginning.
    Likes  Realest, shameless liked this post

6. Senior Member
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by ESC94 View Post
    Hi,

Im new here and this is my first post in this forum.

Unfortunately im pretty pessimistic about Germanys chances in 2020. With the exception of Michael Schulte in 2018 the NDR has proved they are unable to handle Eurovision, and i could see the disastrous result this year light years ahead.

I think NDR should give the responsibility to another broadcaster like WDR, it doesnt mean they would be better, but after so many lost years it would be at least some kind of a new beginning.
    welcome :-)
    I think they should find a new team with new ideas but i dont think it would make sense to give it to another broadcaster, they all are quite outdated.

7. Enthusiast
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    welcome :-)
    I think they should find a new team with new ideas but i dont think it would make sense to give it to another broadcaster, they all are quite outdated.
    Thank you!!

Im not optimistic that another broadcaster would do a better job, but I would give them at least a chance. Maybe Im simply tired of NDR because of all these helpless explanations after the recent disasters and that they are simply not learning anything.

8. Mentor
    Norway

I've never really strongly disliked any German entry this decade, but Germany started the decade really well by then doing shit except from Michael Schulte - I thought "Ghost" deserved better

9. Active Member
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ESC94 View Post
    Thank you!!

Im not optimistic that another broadcaster would do a better job, but i would give them at least a chance. Maybe Im simply tired of NDR because of all these helpless explanations after the recent disasters and that they are simply not learning anything.
    Welcome!
    I support your views but I think this year at least the lineup of our NF was a tad more promising than last year. I mean if S!sters wouldn't have spoiled the competition this year as a wildcard we would've had a much more different outcome. I know the runner-up would've problably also been at the bottom but at least with Lilly Among Clouds and Aly Ryan we had two promising entries. But I agree that the responsible people seem to make all the bad decisions and thats why we never find any better contestants (the last two years felt like the requirement was that you had to be on The Voice of Germany).

10. Enthusiast
    Germany

@shameless:

My personal favorite in this years NF was Lily Among Clouds, this would have been something different, but no, the overaged audience simply voted for the most artificial and boring album track.
    Likes  shameless, HayashiM liked this post

11. Enthusiast
    Spain

the love I have for Mark Forster lmao <3

I'm actually following this season of TVOG and there are SO many great voices and people with actual charisma, if NDR doesn't want to send a big/famous act i'd love for Germany to approach ESC like Belgium or The Netherlands usually do (Michael Schulte!), just fix the voting system or simply go internal. This guy just improved a song in less than 2 minutes making it his own.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast