Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FRANCE 2020

FRANCE 2020

2. Enthusiast
    France

Re: FRANCE 2020

I don't know if I can trust DE anymore. There's always a lot of good songs, but the way they were all eliminated this year kinda scares me for next year's selection. As Alaska49 said, I think we should get rid of the juries. Steven (HOD) knows what he's doing, I know he's not going to let us down, I can't wait to see what he'll be doing next year.

We could just send Florina tbh

3. Legend
    France

Without the juries, Battista Acquaviva, Florina and Gabriella would have qualified over Sylvàn Areg, Aysat and Doutson. But ultimately we would have had Hassani anyway.

If they want to keep juries and not have 100% televoting semis, at least they could bring back the French ones, and have the international ones for the final only so that they cannot sabotage the selection.

Whatever France 2 will do (should they continue DE), I won't hold my breath because I feel like neither juries nor viewers supported the right acts these first two editions. Now that we have a HoD who can concoct us good stagings, we have to think out-of-the-box musically, not eternally rely on humanist messages or typical French ballads.

Right now, I'm just hoping for a decent selection with maybe a few promising efforts.

I want us to send a refreshing sound next year, something that stands out and that people don't expect from France.
    Likes  Loindici liked this post

Tuoremóveis

4. Mentor
    Brazil

more than any other country, france needs to draw a page from italy's book. the industry there is too big and too proud for them to not be able to set up something that can attract more interesting names and more visionary compositions. obviously it would never be at the level of sanremo because that one has decades of tradition and eurovision is an afterthought, but still, the potential is there.

also sanremo DOESN'T HAVE INTERNATIONAL JURIES SQUASH THEMMMM
    Likes  randajad, Loindici liked this post

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

5. Junior Member
    France

Haha, Jessy Matador is my favorite recent French entry but as said before I'm pretty sure that no party song will win DE. (Comme une grande was my favourite this year but we all know how it ended for her).

I really like DE because it puts more attention to Eurovision here in France and it makes me happy but I think that it will be difficult to get daring songs winning.

I come from Brittany and of course it would make me happy to have something from here in DE. But maybe something more modern and sung in breton or something with a good atmosphere because I don't think that purely traditionnal music could work. (I don't like Nolwenn Leroy at all, haha)

My favourite french band (and wish they could represent us even if I know they wont because they even don't think in french and I don't think they are interested) is the dø. I wish we could have something of the same style than la vague by Izia because it's full of energy

6. Ninja
    Belgium

Comme une grande was also not very good live. A party song could definitely win if it survives the transition (which isn't self-explanatory, since most of them don't).

Personally I have no real wishlist for France but I do hope they can do better than last year. D:E 2019 wasn't bad, but there was so much amateur shit clogging up the heats.
    Likes  harey, randajad liked this post

It's not the song that matters, but what you do with it.

7. Enthusiast
    Indonesia

France... actualy picks quite intersting big names this year (Chimene Badi, Bilal Hassani, Emmanuel Moire) but they didn't bring more competitive songs. Next time they do DE it's better to make the songs on a same level altogether. I trust Steven Clerima, but there's a need to take a break from a star like Bilal for a season.
    Dohot holong ni roha, Loindici.

UK

Bleu Toucan

Polo & Pan

Therapie Taxi

Likes  harey liked this post

9. Enthusiast
    Indonesia

By the way, any chances of someone like Indila to be shortlisted?
    Dohot holong ni roha, Loindici.

10. Wizard
    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Loindici View Post
    By the way, any chances of someone like Indila to be shortlisted?
    Speaking of Indila is she still alive ?

11. Legend
    France

Indila got lost in the wilderness years ago. No one really knows if she will ever come back.

We tried to copy her style with Alma in 2017, but it wasn't on the same level musically and vocally.

In 2014 when she promoted her album, an interviewer told her we could have a serious chance to win if she represented us, and she replied something along those lines: "That's flattering, thank you! I have been asked about Eurovision a lot recently. I was very surprised because it is like an exclusivity to me. I didn't think I had what it takes as an artist to represent France, so I was very pleased. However I think I would decline such a nice offer because it means lots of pressure and responsibilities: I would not like to disappoint the country. Also, more publicity than I already have in the media would not help!"

Would she change her mind now? Who knows? It would already be a miracle if she released new music to begin with.

While we're at it, Najoua Belyzel, the artist Indila was compared to when she debuted, was offered to go to Eurovision with her song "Luna" (presumably in 2015). But she rejected the proposal because she never was drawn to the contest and couldn't imagine undergoing the preparation required to get there.

Likes  Loindici, harey liked this post

Tuoremóveis

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast