Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ESTONIA 2020

1. Expert
    Estonia

Re: ESTONIA 2020

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Bold prediction: Uku will be back with a song written by Kirkorov.
    Sounds plausible. I bet all the entries will be Uku-level "I must get to the Eurovision or else I will die" crowd.
    Likes  Loindici liked this post

♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    Sounds plausible. I bet all the entries will be Uku-level "I must get to the Eurovision or else I will die" crowd.
    The rules for next year will be published by the beginning of June, the producer said. Would not be surprised if it drifts even further away from the OG Eesti Laul concept because I recall him mentioning he'd not change anything major the first year. we'll see.

3. Expert
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    The rules for next year will be published by the beginning of June, the producer said. Would not be surprised if it drifts even further away from the OG Eesti Laul concept because I recall him mentioning he'd not change anything major the first year. we'll see.
    Rahula said already last year that he's considering ordering entries from specific people for the contest. Which is exactly what Paadam did in the last years of Eurolaul, and the reason we got Leto Svet. Good luck with that.
    Likes  wtf, Loindici liked this post

♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

4. Mentor
    Brazil

*reality show-esque chanting and booing* GET TOMI RAHULA OUT. GET TOMI RAHULA OUT.

~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

5. Enthusiast
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    Rahula said already last year that he's considering ordering entries from specific people for the contest. Which is exactly what Paadam did in the last years of Eurolaul, and the reason we got Leto Svet. Good luck with that.
    It's a fallacious comparison because it ignores the general public mood towards Eurovision back in 2008, that the contest is "unfair" to Estonia and people missing the "glory days" of the late 90's. I seriously doubt any invited composers now would enter a troll song that then goes on to win large public support.

That being said, I'm not exactly in favour of inviting certain people beforehand either. It would likely lead to lots of written-for-Eurovision type songs.

Kaelakee Hääl 1996 Unbroken 2015 Supersonic 2016

Kerli liked many Eurovision related comments on her IG, even plenty that shaded Storm. "Estonia didn't deserve to qualify" among many She seemed to have liked Iceland, Austrlia and Malta as she liked comments mentioning them as well.

She also replied to a comment asking her to return with: "I’ll fuck w Amsterdam any time! One of my favorite cities ✨"

If true, 2020 is gonna be interesting.
    Likes  Alaska49 liked this post

7. Mentor
    Brazil

the time at which i will be convinced kerli should have won over koit and laura is NEVER THOUSAND YEARS FROM NOW WHEN I AM DEAD but spirit animal has regardless gotten me on her train and i want to see her back, specially if this is her attitude <3
    ~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

8. Hero
    Lithuania

Bring back Kaia Tamm.

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen your YVA strawberries.
    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA)

Sissi could easily win Eesti Laul with a better song. The fact that she was able to make a hideous song like Strong sound amazing and bring the energy is telling.
    Likes  pyryniemi, Loindici liked this post

10. Enthusiast
    Estonia

I just wish Kerli could actually sing better. Unless the song was very undemanding, it would be another case of good potential shot down by shitty vocals. Perhaps a slower ballad with no dancers could work, so she could stack up 5 backing singers behind the scenes.

Wonder who Tomi would plan to invite, if he ever implemented such a plan. If those invited were actual talented people and not just random dated hacks from Eurolaul days, it wouldn't necessarily be a disaster. That said, those people would need to take their job seriously and actually send something good. If they can't really be bothered and just fish out some random unfinished album filler, they'd only be wasting a spot in the lineup. I don't think Leto Svet would happen again, as long as juries are involved.. but wasting a spot on such garbage would be sad anyway. He'd better write "no troll songs!" in the contract. Or reserve the right to actually reject the song, but that would probably cut down on people taking his offer.
    Likes  wtf, KingJulian, tuorem liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast