Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235
Results 2,341 to 2,348 of 2348

Thread: ESC United - LIVE from Tel Aviv - GRAND FINAL DISCUSSION

1. Ninja
    Germany

Re: ESC United - LIVE from Tel Aviv - GRAND FINAL DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by crashworld View Post
    But then don't forget, they were sandwiched between 2 songs with no hype at all, you never know it could have worked to their advantage.
    I'd say rather to their disadvantage. Fortunately it didn't work, like some people maybe expected.
    I feel the sun upon my skin
    And I am someone, I am someone

2. Addict
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post
    I'd say rather to their disadvantage. Fortunately it didn't work, like some people maybe expected.
    I don't see why it is a disadvantage to Norway, where sandwiched between non-hype entries could make them stand out even more and memorable.

3. Hero
    Sweden

01. 498
    02. 472
    03. 372
    04. 364
    05. 334 (+1)
    06. 331 (-1)
    07. 305 (+1)
    08. 302 (-1)
    09. 284
    10. 232
    11. 157
    12. 120
    13. 109 (+2)
    14. 107 (+2)
    15. 105 (-2)
    16. 105 (-2)
    17. 90 (+1)
    18. 89 (-1)
    19. 77 (+1)
    20. 76 (-1)
    21. 74
    22. 54
    23. 35
    24. 31
    25. 24
    26. 11

EDIT: EBU has now officially spoken about the votes and they have now been corrected, so these results are the official - https://eurovision.tv/story/ebu-issu...d-final-result
    Treat others the same way you want to be treated yourself

4. Addict
    Czech Republic

So the televote winner is not even in the top5 anymore. What a farce.
    Likes  Etanna, NemesisNick, 94ayd liked this post

5. Hero
    Sweden

Correct, the same with the jury winner
    Likes  NemesisNick liked this post

6. Senior Member
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by HayashiM View Post
    So the televote winner is not even in the top5 anymore. What a farce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawhlen View Post
    Correct, the same with the jury winner
    Now that the EBU has spotted the original mistake with the aggregated Belarussian jury scores, and rectified the results, the "one half winners" are:
    Jury voting: winner North Macedonia (previously second), now 7th overall
    Televoting winner Norway (no change) , now 6th overall.

At least they're both in consecutive places overall, just like the erroneous jury winner Sweden (previously 6th overall) and televote winner Norway (previously 5th overall).

Elsewhere on the scoreboard, the UK now only has 8 jury points instead of 13 (its 3 televote points, all from Ireland unaffected), and hence an overall total of 11 points instead of 16 points. As a British citizen, living in the UK, I'm disappointed Michael Rice "lost" 5 points this way. There have been other losers and gainers as a result of this aftermath rectification. Nonetheless, read on ...

Think of it this way. If the substitute Belarussian jury results had been correct in the first place, the Belarussian spokesperson would have announced the correct set of "jury points", the scoreboard would have ended up with the correct scores from 1st North Macedonia 247 points to 26th Israel 0 points once all 41 juries' scores were on the board. With this in mind, I'm happy to accept the rectified results. I feel sorry for John Lundvik because of the way they put him in the spotlight at the end of the jury voting, and then put him through the cliffhanger moment against Duncan Laurence at the end. Also I feel even more sorry for the way Tamara Todevska (North Macedonia) wasn't put in the spotlight after being in the lead for so long, and seemingly "pipped at the post" for jury winner when Israel's jury points were announced, but she turned out to be the real jury winner anyway. Consequently she wasn't acknowledged as jury winner. Anyway congratulations to North Macedonia for winning the jury vote, and finishing 7th overall.

As for Sweden now being ahead of Norway and North Macedonia, despite having won neither half of the voting, well think of Sweden in the same league as Italy, Russia and Switzerland, who too won neither half of the voting.

This now puts me in an awkward position with writing my in-depth review of the ESC 2019 Grand Final to go on my blog, because, for starters, there are now more alternative scenarios for presenting the jury votes and televotes, because I feel I ought to do it with both the erroneous jury totals (as seen on the night) and corrected jury totals (as now declared official). For example, when announcing the televote totals, the correct order to announce them would have been Israel up to North Macedonia, instead of Spain up to Sweden.
    I am 12 ... with 35 years experience

7. Hero
    Sweden

Indeed, I really wonder how they will solve this regarding the DVD, Madonna and the -incident can be cut off but not the voting

Or will EBU skip the DVD altogether this year?

A very odd situation since this is the 4th time in ESC-history that the results are corrected after the actual show, the 3rd ones before were: 1976, 1996 and 1998

8. Junior Member
    Serbia

Actually nobody recognize these results. Old ones are valid, and there are many reasons. One of them - Europe saw it on screen on Saturday night. Another one - Jon Ola said everything is fine. Another one - Poland is still damaged. And, why anyone needs DVD when you have full show on YT?
    Partizan Beograd