Page 3 of 237 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: ESC United - LIVE from Tel Aviv - GRAND FINAL DISCUSSION

1. Mentor
    Bosnia Herzegovina

Re: ESC United - LIVE from Tel Aviv

Generally, they were all good. Serbia did really well and is an immediate grower, imho.
    1. Slovenia
    2. Poland
    3. Serbia
    4. Czech Republic
    5. Cyprus
    6. Finland
    7. Belarus
    8. Montenegro
    9. Hungary

2. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

1. Hungary
    2. Cyprus
    3. Finland
    4. Czech Republic
    5. Slovenia
    6. Serbia
    7. Belarus
    8. Montenegro
    9. Poland

3. Wizard
    Germany

Couldn't see the full length, but to tell from the snippets, I mostly loved Poland and Serbia. I was a little disappointed about Czech Republic, but, hey that could change seeing the whole song live. I rather didn't like Cyprus, Belarus, Finland and Hungary. Can't wait for tomorrow since, Iceland, Portugal, San Marino and Georgia are coming up. Something to look forward to!
    Likes  Milos-BC liked this post

“Where words leave off, music begins.” ― Heinrich Heine

4. Active Member
    Denmark

I have watched 20 YouTube tops from the 1day of rehearsals

I ranked them like this:

1st place got 10 points.
    then 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 & 1 points.

The results:

1. Cyprus (168 points)
    2. Serbia (149 points)
    3. Slovenia (127 points)
    4. Hungary (117 points)
    5. Belarus (109 points)
    6. Czech (94 points)
    7. Poland (75 points)
    8. Finland (52 points)
    9. Montenegro (29 points)
    Likes  Citelis, HayashiM, Milos-BC, balizeg liked this post

5. Legend
    United States

Overall one of the less eventful first rehearsals days in terms of how much I think they changed things. I don't really think there's a song which announced itself as a serious potential finalist/contender or completely let itself be screwed out of the final. Just subtle changes. But, as far as those subtle changes go:

MORE EXCITED FOR POST-FIRST REHEARSAL
    Czech Republic: Staging seems fun. Vocal modification (which I wasn't privy to but is apparently nothing new) is a slight improvement. Gasps in the press center during the show, so I'm...intrigued.
    Finland: Pretty chanceless but seems like they'll give us a pretty show on their way out.
    Poland: Ooo, cool hats (I'm having to stretch my definitions of more and less excited a bit, as you can see).
    ROUGHLY AS EXCITED FOR POST-FIRST REHEARSAL
    Serbia: Doesn't seem substantially different from the NF. Nevena's got a killer voice.
    Montenegro: Performing like they know their lot in life. If they wanted to rise in the odds, they needed to pull something out of a hat. I'm not *less excited* per se but didn't have my current non-interest really sparked.
    Slovenia: Seems like a lot is going to depend on camera angles. Reserving judgment.
    Cyprus: Actually a fairly newsworthy rehearsal but also a mixed bag, so it goes here. I gasped at the costume change in the clip, and apparently there's some cool camerawork going on, but the vocal is bad enough to seep into the song. That's sort out-able but needs to be sorted out.
    Hungary: I went to print without Hungary and didn't notice.
    LESS EXCITED FOR POST-FIRST REHEARSAL
    Belarus: I think their best shot is for Zena's personality to make its way through the cameras into homes a la Laura Tesoro or Knez, a development which I think the blocking and set design have made a little bit more difficult.
    Likes  Milos-BC, ZoboCamel liked this post

12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I don't get it. Is this supposed to be a joke comment? Or your way of trying trolling and bitch around in the thread? Either way you better step up in that game OR better yet (really), just be yourself and speak honestly about your true heart's desire regarding the topic at hand.

6. Expert
    Germany

01 Hungary
    02 Slovenia
    03 Belarus
    04 Czech Republic
    05 Serbia
    06 Cyprus
    07 Poland
    08 Montenegro
    09 Finland
    Likes  HayashiM liked this post

I never walk away na na, walk away na na

7. Wizard
    Greece

1. Cyrpus
    2. Poland
    3. Serbia
    4. Slovenia
    5. Finland
    6. Hungary
    7. Czech Rupublic
    8. Belarus
    9. Montenegro

8. Addict
    Singapore

I think there are some details/effects that will only be visible on TV screen. So until they release the proper clips of the rehearsals as to how the performances look like on TV, I will refrain from posting my ranking and comments whether who will qualify.

But just based on the vocals and general staging of the rehearsal clips:

- Cyprus: Vocals did not sound that great, staging and backdrop look decent for what it is. The colour scheme just doesn't match the song. I expected something brighter.

- Montenegro: Vocals definitely improved in terms of how they harmonized. There was nothing happening on stage, just them doing the weird movements again which looked pretty incoherent. There doesn't appear to have any elaborated LED backdrop. The outfits are fine, but reminded me of Iceland 2018 and we know how it ended up for Iceland.

- Finland: Vocals improved too. LED backdrop looks good. But I am not happy with the placement of Darude and Sebastian especially the former. He is the attraction/star of the entry. He should be more prominent in terms of where he is placed on stage.

- Poland: Vocals were not on point. LED backdrop looks decent. Outfits look interesting and with a rotated stage, the performance looks pretty sleak.

- Slovenia: The LED backdrop looks amazing with the galaxy theme, vocals were fine. But other than that, nothing much was happening.

- Czech Republic: Vocals were good. Seems like there is a effect that you will only see on TV. Staging looks simple.

- Hungary: Vocals were good as expected. Backdrop looks like a cheaper version of Ukraine 2016. The floating heads look rather morbid. Nothing much on stage.

- Belarus: I am pretty surprised with this one, I think it's the only staging for today's rehearsals that remotely looked elaborated but the backdrop is fugly. Vocals and energy were good too.

- Serbia: Backdrop looks great. Outfit is fine. Vocals were great too. Other than that, nothing much was happening. Think we should be seeing some special effects on TV.
    Likes  HayashiM, Milos-BC liked this post

9. Senior Member
    Czech Republic

THE LITTLE LESS GOOD ONES
    9. Montenegro: The live vocals seem to have improved. I love the music video and with the gusle instrument, Montenegro is in my top 10. But pretty much nothing seems to be preserved in the staging - which is probably related to cost issues? Unless there's some more projections I haven't seen yet, I think all hope is definitely lost.
    8. Finland: The cube and the dancer were literally the only good parts about this for me. And now there's only the dancer left. Nope, not gonna happen.
    7. Poland: There are many good things - decent LED projections, the traditional element, good vocals (that don't annoy me anymore). Still it's somehow odd when put all together, I can't name the reason why.

THE GOOD ONES
    6. Czechia: I sniff some instagramy-Moldova2018-gimmick-like potential, though it really doesn't show yet, so I am a bit worried. The odds are shortening though, I keep my fingers crossed.
    5. Belarus: Man she's hot. Those boots! And those vocals! Her young age doesn't show at all, she's confident and comfortable on that stage as if it was her second home. The only problem I have is the song itself. No one expects the lyrics to be its selling point, but somehow I just don't find it boppy enough, it doesn't make me want to sing and dance with her.
    4. Cyprus: I loooove the dress and the costume change, it's difficult to judge anything else. The whole thing is quite promising for now.

THE GREAT ONES
    3. Serbia: Great vocals. The superb black dress and Serbian itself somehow perfectly match the fatefulness vibes. Also the rotating galaxy seems to be really promising. I just hope she won't get lost on that stage. Love it.
    2. Hungary: My n°1 man slays it with a superb golden genealogic tree and a brilliant atmosphere. You've got this Joci!
    1. Slovenia: That night sky is pure magic. On its own, the song is something like my 25th place, but with THAT - there's no way this doesn't qualify. They have a small universe of their own and I desperately want to be a part of it.

10. Amateur
    Portugal

1. Cyprus
    2. Slovenia
    3. Czech Republic
    4. Serbia
    5. Finland
    6. Hungary
    7. Belarus
    8. Poland