Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Euro 2020

1. Veteran
    Germany

Re: Euro 2020

Interesting prediction as I disagree in all paths @whiteshoes

Path A
    Yes Hungary has the final on their soil, but I believe in the strength of Iceland/Romania. We have many 'true finals' in these play-offs, this is one of them. Iceland has their golden generation, Romania an impressing talented squad. I cannot predict the outcome of this match, I fear it will be 'Romania', as I'm clearly rooting for Iceland.

My bet: (40 %)
    Hungary (30 %), Iceland (25 %), Bulgaria (5 %)

Path B
    There will be three close matches, maybe even boring, I guess. Many defensive tactics, no team used to the favourite role, knowing what to do with teams kinda parking the bus. Fans might be the extra key, maybe these matches are all about playing home, but my bet is Ireland. Imo extra motivation is given, and they've been at least close to qualify for the whole decade. They have their (2nd) best era these times*
    And I would love to see them another time in the EURO

My bet: (65 %)
    Bosnia (15%), Slovakia (10%), Northern Ireland (5%)

Path C
    To say it first, I cannot say whether I want to see Scotland or Norway more. Scotland has an upcoming generation in hand, so has Norway even more. Scotland has by far the most amazing fans in Europe, Ireland comes close the most. Norway is Norway. Amazing nation. Lovely people. Not so disregard Scotland in that case. It's my love for the nordic vs. my love for the gaelic in this path. And I fear it will be Serbia. Will be deserved for sure. Strong squad. The talents lacked the proof of their 2017/18 form lately, but they still have the talent/experience to beat Norway away and most probably that was the 'true final' indeed. Scotland wouldn't be chanceless, but either Serbia or Norway should take it. I go with the first for now

My bet: (45%)
    Norway (35%), Scotland (15%), Israel (5%)

Path D
    Not much to say on this path. The matches sound like a lottery and the daily form/luck with general fitness or injuries might decide the matches, but everything leads to a final between Georgia and Kosovo. And I have the slight feeling Kosovo will take it. I would like that, even with all the upcoming political drama.

My bet (55 %)
    Georgia (25 %), Northern Macedonia (15 %), Belarus (5 %)

2. Expert
    Germany

My Favourites and Guesses at the same Time are:

A shame that has 2 away Matches and 2 Home Matches.
    Shine, shine like the stars in the sky
    Wipe the dust off your love, let it shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

3. Legend
    Latvia

Well, here are some my thoughts/predictions on play-offs too.

Path A predicted winner:

Even though Iceland doesn't play so well as some years ago before World Cup 2018 I don't see better teams in this path. The only disadvantage that they play the final away. Romania has some really talented players, but performance in the later games did not impress me. They had no chances against Sweden, they could not win Norway at home, it's hard to believe they can win Iceland away. I would not estimate Bulgaria chances low though. Yes, most of their qualifying campaign was miserable, but... They recently changed the coach, won Czech Republic in the last game. They have home advantage in semi and if they advance in the final too. They managed to win at home some strong opponents not so long ago - Norway in Nations league, Netherlands in WC qualifiers. Hungary... hmm... I saw their last game against Wales, don't think they are good enough to go to Euro again.

Path B:

The most difficult path to predict. I see all 4 team chances almost equal. I put Bosnia-Herzegovina as my prediction because of home advantage. If it was on neutral ground or in two legs (home/away) then I would put Republic of Ireland a bit higher. The final of both Irelands would be interesting to see here, but don't think it will happen.

Path C:

Lars Lagerbäck is one of my favorite coaches. Norway has several young talented players what I would like to see at Euro and I'm pretty sure they can make it. Serbia is a strong opponent with many individually good players but still not so good as team. Norway has not lost any game at home under Lagerbäck and I think will win this time too. Scotland should pass Israel at home in semi, but don't think they can win in Norway or Serbia away.

Path D:

It would be interesting to see Kosovo at Euro, they really impressed in some qualifiers, but they have both games away. Seems Georgia won't have much problems against Belarus in semi and with home advantage in the final as well they are favorites to progress. Kosovo - North Macedonia semi I see as 50/50.
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

4. Expert
    Germany

Bettingodds in Germany:

Group A:

Group B:

Group C:

Group D:

The Hype around is pretty random imo. Also surprised to see having such high odds. Also im wondering why is so clost to despite having 2 away Matches.

5. Expert
    Germany

Any Wishes for the Draw today?

In Pot2 I would be fine with . I hope we wont get . We play too often against those 2 Teams. Based on s Luck and History, we will probably get again.

In Pot3 I dont want . is my Wish, Matches against have always been very exciting. are too easy imo and our Team doesnt deseve that.

From Pot4, I dont care much. would be nice, but is too unlikely. I guess would be nice.

6. Veteran
    Turkey

Group F

7. Veteran
    Germany

I love our group. Excitement right from the beginning.

However, due to competition scheme probably Portugal, France and us will make the knockout stage anyway. I already feel bad for the fourth team in the group (I still bet on Hungary)

8. Legend
    Sweden

If we counted the most recent matches as the results for the Play-offs, then this is what would happen:

Playoff A:
    0 - 4
    2 - 1 (1-1 is the last match, Bulgaria wins thanks to have won the 2nd most recent one with 2-0)
    0 - 1 (0-0 is the last match, Bulgaria wins thanks to have won the 2nd most recent one with 1-0)

Playoff B:
    2 - 0
    2 - 3 (2-2 is the last match, Ireland wins thanks to have won the 5th most recent one with 1-0)
    0 - 2

Playoff C:
    3 - 2
    2 - 1 (1-1 is the last match, Norway wins thanks to have won the 2nd most recent one with 1-0)
    1 - 0

Playoff D:
    2 - 3 (2-2 is the last match, Belarus wins thanks to have won the 2nd most recent one with 2-0)
    3 - 2 (These countries has never been against each other before, match is randomized)
    0 - 3

That means that if this would happen, then would be the four in Euro 2020.

9. Expert
    Germany

Exactly the Group we deserve tbh.

10. Mentor
    Poland

will survive any group given.
    Likes  whiteshoes liked this post

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819