Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Teams You Hate/Dislike

1. Wizard
    Germany

Re: Football Teams You Hate/Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSuomiFan View Post
    Don't worry, they hate each other as well. I can understand why you hate BFC, but why do you dislike Union's fans?
    It actually has to do with my personal experience. Everytime my favorite team Tennis Borussia Berlin plays against FC Union, the Union Fans provoke and start feuds and physical attacks. There has always been a rivalry between these two teams (just as between Union and Dynamo) which is okay, but I don't think it's okay when you can't wear your team's shirt without being attacked. Unfortunately that happened often when playing against Union. Dynamo is much worser, but Union doesn't have the kindest fans - my personal experience and other's of my soccer friends. One of my soccer friends was beaten just because he had long hair.

2. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by njdevils94 View Post
    I'm sure me and @pjelacki would tell you that unlike Leipzig, NYRB (formerly Metrostars) and Salzburg already had teams before Red Bull took over. There not all in the same situation.
    That is not true. Leipzig did have a club that was stolen by RB. RB Salzburg just completely stole Austria Salzburg's identity and even their club. No wonder they are so hated when they do stuff like that. They could've just founded a new club instead of buying another club's identity. I'm glad that Austria Salzburg fans did not accept it and founded a new club called SV Austria Salzburg.

Hate is a strong word... but I slightly dislike Bayern.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Rosenborg

that's a bit shocking

Resisted the urge to reply a couple times but ended up giving in...

That is not true. Leipzig did have a club that was stolen by RB. RB Salzburg just completely stole Austria Salzburg's identity and even their club. No wonder they are so hated when they do stuff like that. They could've just founded a new club instead of buying another club's identity. I'm glad that Austria Salzburg fans did not accept it and founded a new club called SV Austria Salzburg.
    Austria Salzburg pre-2005/06 were financially struggling at best and could barely avert bankruptcy a couple times. Their president at the time immediately agreed to have Red Bull take over so he could get rid of all responsiblity for this massive liability. I am sure the club would have disappeared off the map a year or two later otherwise and would have had to be rebooted anyway. An important detail that certain people conveniently ignore because it goes entirely against their narrative. Of course this contains an element of speculation but had old Austria managed their finances better Red Bull would have never requested a takeover.

Having said this, if I had been in charge I would definitely have kept Austria Salzburg's entire identitfy alive - a Red Bull corporate identity inspired away kit or third kit should be more than sufficient. I openly admit to missing having more avid fan support during home matches.

In my case though, ultimately the only thing important to me why I am defending RB after all is the circumstance that the new club still represents my home town. Had they relocated though I would have been proper angry.
    Likes  JamieBrown, njdevils94 liked this post

5. Mentor
    Norway
    Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island

Quote Originally Posted by pjelacki View Post
    that's a bit shocking
    Yeah, maybe. I'm not originally from Trondheim tho, but Rosenborg is the most popular team where I grew up as well, so when I was a kid, I liked them as well. But the thing was, they won the league every year (and eventually ended up winning it for 13 years in a row), and at some point, I started to lose interest in Norwegian football. It was a question of who'd be second, not a question of who'd win the league. Instead, I started to get feelings for a club from Oslo (Vålerenga), and as time went on, I started hating Rosenborg more, and supporting Vålerenga more. Been a fan of Vålerenga for 21 years now.

Living and working in Trondheim does mean I get a few comments on my football preferences tho, but I'm used to it. I generally tone down my hate towards Rosenborg a bit tho, but it's no secret that I'm not a fan.

6. Senior Member
    Canada

Juventus

7. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Resisted the urge to reply a couple times but ended up giving in...

Austria Salzburg pre-2005/06 were financially struggling at best and could barely avert bankruptcy a couple times. Their president at the time immediately agreed to have Red Bull take over so he could get rid of all responsiblity for this massive liability. I am sure the club would have disappeared off the map a year or two later otherwise and would have had to be rebooted anyway. An important detail that certain people conveniently ignore because it goes entirely against their narrative. Of course this contains an element of speculation but had old Austria managed their finances better Red Bull would have never requested a takeover.

Having said this, if I had been in charge I would definitely have kept Austria Salzburg's entire identitfy alive - a Red Bull corporate identity inspired away kit or third kit should be more than sufficient. I openly admit to missing having more avid fan support during home matches.

In my case though, ultimately the only thing important to me why I am defending RB after all is the circumstance that the new club still represents my home town. Had they relocated though I would have been proper angry.
    The fact that they nearly went bankrupt doesn't mean RB had to take over. Sadly, football is full of silly owners who manage to do stupid stuff like that. I'd rather go bankrupt than being RB Salzburg. They haven't achieved anything except for that semifinal last season and their Bundesliga titles. They've never qualified for the Champions League, their stadium is mostly empty during home games and they barely take any fans to away games. Austria Salzburg actually managed to play in the Champions League and they took 10.000 fans to their away game against FC Liefering a few years ago. Imagine Red Bull taking 10.000 fans to an away game!

The fact that they nearly went bankrupt doesn't mean RB had to take over. Sadly, football is full of silly owners who manage to do stupid stuff like that. I'd rather go bankrupt than being RB Salzburg. They haven't achieved anything except for that semifinal last season and their Bundesliga titles.
    Good for you I guess. I'm not forcing you to appreciate RBS or anything like that. But I do have an issue with the fact our fans, while they may not be the "best" ones around, are portrayed as some sort of scum on the same level as criminals.

I'm not going to enter a dick measuring contest about achievements. The amount of qualification failures against a variety of teams with smaller budgets is a mixed bag of tough luck and lack of skill. But the Europa League campaigns of 2009/10, 2013/14 and last season where teams with much wealthier budgets got knocked out make up for a lot.

... their stadium is mostly empty during home games...
    The stadium accommodates 30,000 and we are a small place. The average attendance during home matches last seasons amounted to 7,500 and that's in a town of 150,000 which constitutes a turnout of roughly 5%. I'm challenging you to work out the turnout for Innsbruck, Linz, the Vienna based clubs and Graz. You will quickly learn that none of these are doing better in that regard.

Austria Salzburg actually managed to play in the Champions League and they took 10.000 fans to their away game against FC Liefering a few years ago. Imagine Red Bull taking 10.000 fans to an away game!
    FC Liefering hosts their home matches in Salzburg too though so that is a terrible example. Also they're a farm team for Red Bull Salzburg, which is why this match generated that kind of interest in the first place.

9. Ninja
    United States

Who's your favorite player at Salzburg at the moment? Congrats on Rene Maric extending his deal as assistant coach

10. Enthusiast
    Netherlands

Good for you I guess. I'm not forcing you to appreciate RBS or anything like that. But I do have an issue with the fact our fans, while they may not be the "best" ones around, are portrayed as some sort of scum on the same level as criminals.

I'm not going to enter a dick measuring contest about achievements. The amount of qualification failures against a variety of teams with smaller budgets is a mixed bag of tough luck and lack of skill. But the Europa League campaigns of 2009/10, 2013/14 and last season where teams with much wealthier budgets got knocked out make up for a lot.
    Alright, getting to the SF of the Europa League is not bad at all. But your club is still a joke when you're pretending to be a big club, yet the only thing you manage to achieve is one semifinal in the Europa League and ZERO times qualified for the Champions League. The club needs to take a look in the mirror when you try 11 times and you can't even qualify once. Dutch football is a joke too, but at least we know how to qualify.

stadium accommodates 30,000 and we are a small place. The average attendance during home matches last seasons amounted to 7,500 and that's in a town of 150,000 which constitutes a turnout of roughly 5%. I'm challenging you to work out the turnout for Innsbruck, Linz, the Vienna based clubs and Graz. You will quickly learn that none of these are doing better in that regard.
    Rapid has a way better attendance than RB. I looked it up and Rapid has an attendance of 19,000 compared to Salzburg's 7,500. Sturm has a better attendance as well. You're right about the others, I have to admit that. The fact that Salzburg has 150,000 residents means nothing at all. There are 17 out of 18 clubs here in the Dutch Eredivisie who have a better attendance than 7,500. A lot of those clubs are from towns that have less than 150,000 residents. Even in the First Division you'll find quite a lot of clubs with the same statistic.

Liefering hosts their home matches in Salzburg too though so that is a terrible example. Also they're a farm team for Red Bull Salzburg, which is why this match generated that kind of interest in the first place.
    I know very well that they host their games in Salzburg and what their club is doing, so that is not a terrible example at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast