Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YORKSHIRE: WV108: Kaiser Chiefs - "I Predict A Riot"

1. Legend
    UK

YORKSHIRE: WV108: Kaiser Chiefs - "I Predict A Riot"

Welcome to YORKSHIREand the Humber

Ay up and welcome t' 'Yorkshire Green Room!! I don't believe there's been one before now, so I've made one to kick things off.

Why Lord President? Well in 1472 (back when I were a lad), Edward IV created the Council of the North to administer the North of England and it was led by a Lord President - the first of which was his younger brother, Richard, Duke of Gloucester. Yorkshire's not really had a leader per se, so I thought I'd appropriate the old title for myself.

WV102: We needed a new method of transport so we got Peter Auty "Walking In The Air"

Lupus' History

Likes  RainyWoods, Eulaliya, Gera11, JSSArcos liked this post

| WV's Lord President of |
    On a one man mission to sabotage the Netherlands' chances of winning Eurovision by giving it 3/10 on the ESCUnited poll
    "Mean and attention seeker attitude" | "He just seems like a hater" | "He sounded like Bruce Forsyth" | "disqualify’s Robert UK as an expert" | "Robert dont have a hart" [sic] | "Looking like an overgrown munchkin"

2. Legend
    UK

Re: YORKSHIRE: WV97 - Welcome To Yorkshire!

So for Yorkshire's first entry under my rule, we shall be celebrating the fact that it was YORKSHIRE DAY last week with the only song appropriate for such a joyous occasion. A few of you may already know, but I hope it gives you all a proper introduction to God's Own County!

I should also add that I am overjoyed to have control of my homeland in WV. I have so many ideas and (I hope!) variety of music to introduce you all to I fully intend doing something I've not done in aaaaaages and holding a few NFs here and there. Belt up at the back and get ready for a ride through the music of YORKSHIRE
    On a one man mission to sabotage the Netherlands' chances of winning Eurovision by giving it 3/10 on the ESCUnited poll
    "Mean and attention seeker attitude" | "He just seems like a hater" | "He sounded like Bruce Forsyth" | "disqualify’s Robert UK as an expert" | "Robert dont have a hart" [sic] | "Looking like an overgrown munchkin"

3. WorldVision Mod
    Switzerland

Greetings my lord President, may you have a prosperous reign Scotland sends you 3 wigs and a diamond as an welcome gift.
    Likes  Lupus liked this post

4. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Gera11 View Post
    Greetings my lord President, may you have a prosperous reign Scotland sends you 3 wigs and a diamond as an welcome gift.
    Ay up! Reet chuffed wi' 'gifts tha's sent over! We have sent a case of the finest flat caps and a bottle of Harrogate Spa Water, as drunk by everyone's favourite President, north as a thanks!

Yes, that's right, Putin drinks Yorkshire mineral water
    Likes  Gera11, AshleyWright liked this post

5. WorldVision Mod
    Norway

Harrogate Spa Mineral water the water of world leaders. Maybe he wanted it for testing to see how to get Novichok into our water supply. Great to see my (And yours ofc) home region back in WV.

Good luck Yorkshire andThe Humber

6. Legend
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWright View Post
    Good luck Yorkshire andThe Humber
    Touché
    Likes  AshleyWright liked this post

7. WorldVision Mod
    Canada

Always feels good when you're competing in your home region. Good luck!

I got addicted to a losing game

8. See You Space Cowboy
    UK

Ey up! Eeh by gum, you're in Yorkshire and the Hummer. Very best of luck to you Lord President. May the hits be plentiful.

9. Wizard
    Philippines

From the Grand Duchy of Bavaria and its Großherzogin, we cordially wish you a very pleasant good luck with your home region dear chap Robert!

♦ #JusticeForConanOsiris #JusticeForTulia #JusticeForOto ♦

10. Legend
    UK

Re: YORKSHIRE: WV97 - Yorkshire Folk "On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at"

WV97: Yorkshire Folk: "On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at

I mean, this was always going to be my opening entry for Yorkshire!! I am a proud Olicanian (from the Roman name for Ilkley) and have been since the age of three when my family moved thither. The song itself dates back to the Victorian period and was allegedly written by a Halifax-based choir who came on an outing to Ilkley Moor and enjoyed it so much they wrote a song about not having your hat on there! Yes, that IS what "baht 'at" means! The version we have here was made by "Welcome to Yorkshire" - the Yorkshire tourist organisation - back in 2013. It must have done a good job because the following year, the Tour de France came! The song has numerous variations, so I am sure that it will sound different even to those who have heard it before. It has been adopted as the unofficial anthem of the county and is often sung on Yorkshire Day (1st August) to celebrate this iconic county.

So hope you enjoy listening to our national anthem! See if you can spot some of the iconic Yorkshire Folk singing along to it - some may be making a return appearance in later WV editions...
    Likes  Eulaliya liked this post

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast