Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Your Ideal Votingsystem for 2019

1. Mentor
    Germany

Re: Your Ideal Votingsystem for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    I said it in another Thread.. I would go back to the 100% Televoting but not in the Recent Form. The 12 Points-System unfairly advantages Countries who (nearly) completely Rely on Diasporavotes while getting ignored from most/all of the Non-Diasporacountries. I would suggest a 20 Points-System [20,18,16,14,12,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1] which of Course doesnt prevent/delete Diasporavoting, but reduces it. The Points from 1-10 should be shown on the screen and the Spokespersons should read out loud the 12,14,16,18 and 20 Points. This System is mathematically more just, since it reflects the Reality more in the Table-Midfield and Bottom and reduces the Diaspora-effect. Also its very easy to understand for Casual-Viewers. These would be the Results of 2018 if we used this System:
    I did the Same Calculation for 2017 and 2016 for the Semis and the Final (Left is the new Resuls, right the Original Result):

2017 Final:

2017 Semis:

2016:

00: LV | 01: GR | 02: LV | 03: TR | 04: UA | 05: CS | 06: FI | 07: BY | 08: IL |
    09: NO | 10: GE | 11: GR | 12: AZ | 13: AZ | 14: ES | 15: SE | 16: SE | 17: BG | 18: AT

2. Mentor
    Germany

Since the Juries will never be abolished, I think the Juryvoting could be improved like this (some Suggestions were also made here):

- Increase Juries to 7. Add 2 Presspeople with experience in ESC-Reporting. The problem with the musicprofessionals is often that they have connections like the Juries from GR and CY with Dimitris Kontoupoulos and Fokas Evangelinos who composed and staged the azeri Entry. Evangelinos also staged MDs Performance. So as Counterweight they would be good. Also they might be a bit more open to untypical Songs like "Origo" or "Yodel it" who had bad Juryscores.

- Having higher conditions for Musicprofessionals. I dont think that someone with 3 Mio YT-Views and a #30-Album should get that Responsibility.

- Make the Jurymembers explain their Top3 and Bottom3 (7-8 Sentences maximum.). I want to know which explanation the azeri Juries found to rank a professional Entry like "lovewave" on #25. Maybe it would lead that the azeri and armenian Jurys from now on rank each other [22,22,22,22,22] to avoid being forced to explain their Ranking for their hated neighbours.

- Dont reveal the Jurymembers until the Day of the First Semi to decrease Collusions.

For the Televoting:

- Televoting in the current form is not democratic. Allowing 20 Votes per phone but only 5 to the Same Country could be improvement.
    00: LV | 01: GR | 02: LV | 03: TR | 04: UA | 05: CS | 06: FI | 07: BY | 08: IL |
    09: NO | 10: GE | 11: GR | 12: AZ | 13: AZ | 14: ES | 15: SE | 16: SE | 17: BG | 18: AT

3. Mentor
    Sweden

Since the Juries will never be abolished, I think the Juryvoting could be improved like this (some Suggestions were also made here):

- Increase Juries to 7. Add 2 Presspeople with experience in ESC-Reporting. The problem with the musicprofessionals is often that they have connections like the Juries from GR and CY with Dimitris Kontoupoulos and Fokas Evangelinos who composed and staged the azeri Entry. Evangelinos also staged MDs Performance. So as Counterweight they would be good. Also they might be a bit more open to untypical Songs like "Origo" or "Yodel it" who had bad Juryscores.

- Having higher conditions for Musicprofessionals. I dont think that someone with 3 Mio YT-Views and a #30-Album should get that Responsibility.

- Make the Jurymembers explain their Top3 and Bottom3 (7-8 Sentences maximum.). I want to know which explanation the azeri Juries found to rank a professional Entry like "lovewave" on #25. Maybe it would lead that the azeri and armenian Jurys from now on rank each other [22,22,22,22,22] to avoid being forced to explain their Ranking for their hated neighbours.

- Dont reveal the Jurymembers until the Day of the First Semi to decrease Collusions.

For the Televoting:

- Televoting in the current form is not democratic. Allowing 20 Votes per phone but only 5 to the Same Country could be improvement.
    I would rather having each jurymember motivating their top 10 and the bottom 5

Otherwise, I agree totally

4. Mentor
    Germany

For the Televoting:

I think a better Option would be to get rid of Televoting and Invent an App where People can Submit a Full Ranking. Maybe this could have prevented Israel from Winning. A Song that got 460K Dislikes shouldnt win the Competition.
    Likes  Pawhlen liked this post

5. Mentor
    Sweden

I think a better Option would be to get rid of Televoting and Invent an App where People can Submit a Full Ranking. Maybe this could have prevented Israel from Winning. A Song that got 460K Dislikes shouldnt win the Competition.
    A great idea on paper but if the server crashes (which is 98% sure to happen) than it´s game over
    Likes  Stiven liked this post

6. Mentor
    Germany

According to Lotte, the Jurymembers were seperated in different rooms, so they couldnt influence each other.

Über das Verfahren selbst dürfe sie nicht viel verraten, sagt Lotte – und tut es dann doch: Jedes Jurymitglied gibt seine Stimme in einem separaten Raum ab, sodass er von der Meinung der anderen nicht beeinflusst wird. Zum Schluss werden alle Punkte zusammengerechnet. Ihre Punkte gab die Jury allerdings nicht – wie das TV-Publikum – während Finalshow ab, sondern bereits am Vortag nach der Generalprobe.
    Maybe the German Jury didnt cheat when they gave [1,1,1,1,1] to Sweden. Or they talked to each other before.

7. Mentor
    Germany

Another Idea would be to keep the Juryvoting as it is and use the 20 Points-System I suggested for the Televoting to reduce the Diaspora-Effect and then combine both of them. This would mean the Juries have a Power of 58/193 (30.05%) and the Televoter had a Power of 135/193 (69.95%). This would be the Results:

The Semi-Result would look like this:

As some of you have pointed out I reckon the jury voting should be improved. I wouldn't change the number of jurors, I would even decrease it as right now plenty of them are voting mostly the same. What I would do is to break the jurors into specialities and vote the songs accordingly: like song quality, vocals quality and performance quality, and then make an average. Jurors should not be for ranking according to their taste but according to quality.

We just uploaded a new video talking a bit about this for those interested:

9. Mentor
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Praviluta View Post
    As some of you have pointed out I reckon the jury voting should be improved. I wouldn't change the number of jurors, I would even decrease it as right now plenty of them are voting mostly the same. What I would do is to break the jurors into specialities and vote the songs accordingly: like song quality, vocals quality and performance quality, and then make an average. Jurors should not be for ranking according to their taste but according to quality.

We just uploaded a new video talking a bit about this for those interested:
    Then EBU really need to send out the things that the juries shall judge, since "quality" can be interpreted in many ways, quality and taste does for the most part walk hand in hand
    Likes  blue00eyes liked this post

10. Guru
    Germany

I quote myself (as written in the "how to stop the political voting" thread):

A funny idea would be to do prequalifications by geographical blocs and let the rest vote.

For example: the Scandinavian countries. In a semi-final round, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland present their songs. Every other country BUT the Scandinavians votes. The two with the highest number of points will qualify.

This goes on for the rest of European blocs (Ex-Sovjet, Balkan, Western Europe, Mediterranean region...).

In the end we have 2-4 songs of every bloc that qualify for the final. If e.g. Sweden votes for Denmark or Romania for Moldova, it won't affect the results that much.

In the final, votes are split into 50% televote and 50% juries but the juries consist of 10 musical experts (no singer or songwriters, TV hosts etc.) who rate a song in maybe three categories (e.g. song quality, performance, voice or innovation), add the points and get a ranking.
    I’m not afraid to grow old
    If I have your hand to hold

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567