Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Australia and Sweden

1. Legend
    Sweden

Re: Australia and Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    In anything that’s subjective, there will always be representatives with more political pull than others. The closest examples I can think of would be Russia in Rhythmic Gymnastics, Although plenty of examples exist in other judges Olympic sports. Yes someone can find reason to legitimize the Jury’s love of the Swedish/Australian entries as of late, but there are more examples of how those two delegations hold more political pull than others, The fact that ESC has been modified to become an imitation of Melodifestivalen and the fact that 4 years out Australia has managed to make the “1 time guest” stint happen are good enough examples in my opinion.
    I think the surprising thing isn't we and the Australians got high points from the jury, it's about we got so low in the televote. Both songs were solid pop songs and for sure didn't "deserve" to end up in the bottom. My theory is that there's a big difference in expectations of the show in different countries and the audience is also different. It could, for example, be possible the viewers who like pop are not watching Eurovision in many countries. A large portion of the viewers can be fancying the spectacular and fun rather than the music itself. Supporting the idea Eurovision is a genre of its own (read crazy or camp mainstream) and rejects the efforts of bringing Eurovision to reflecting the current sounds. I do not think it's an age issue, it's a cultural issue. So, in my opinion, the juries are not only there to balance the detrimental patriotic votes, they are indeed there to change attitudes among the viewers. An aspect that may annoy some but which I support wholeheartedly.
    Likes  Pawhlen, lolita, Lindon liked this post

2. Guru
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by LalehForWD View Post
    I think the surprising thing isn't we and the Australians got high points from the jury, it's about we got so low in the televote. Both songs were solid pop songs and for sure didn't "deserve" to end up in the bottom. My theory is that there's a big difference in expectations of the show in different countries and the audience is also different. It could, for example, be possible the viewers who like pop are not watching Eurovision in many countries. A large portion of the viewers can be fancying the spectacular and fun rather than the music itself. Supporting the idea Eurovision is a genre of its own (read crazy or camp mainstream) and rejects the efforts of bringing Eurovision to reflecting the current sounds. I do not think it's an age issue, it's a cultural issue. So, in my opinion, the juries are not only there to balance the detrimental patriotic votes, they are indeed there to change attitudes among the viewers. An aspect that may annoy some but which I support wholeheartedly.
    Well said!
    Likes  LalehForWD, Lindon liked this post

"Life imitates art far more than art imitates life." 🍀🌸 ❧ ❦ღ ♡ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ 🎶 🎷

3. Enthusiast
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by LalehForWD View Post
    reflects exactly my belief.
    Likes  LalehForWD, lolita liked this post

4. Mentor
    Germany

Btw. I miss in the Threadtitle

2010:
    7th with the Juries (66 Points)/ 12th with the TV (45 Points)

2011:
    6th with the Juries (84 Points)/ 18th with the TV (24 Points)

2012:
    5th with the Juries (97 Points)/ 11th with the TV (39 Points)

2014:
    3th with the Juries (113 Points)/ 12th with the Tv (36 Points)

2015:
    5th with the Juries (84 Points)/ 12th with the TV (32 Points)

2016:
    1st with the Juries (155 Points)/ 9th with the tV (54 Points)

2017:
    8th with the Juries (55 Points)/ 18th with the TV (0 Points)

2018:
    5th with the Juries (93 Points)/ 18th with the TV (8 POints)

Btw. This Video was so disgusting to watch:

Likes  LalehForWD liked this post

00: LV | 01: GR | 02: LV | 03: TR | 04: UA | 05: CS | 06: FI | 07: BY | 08: IL |
    09: NO | 10: DE | 11: GR | 12: AZ | 13: AZ | 14: ES | 15: SE | 16: UA | 17: BG

5. Senior Member
    Norway

Malta's done that well with the juries...?

6. Guru
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    Btw. I miss in the Threadtitle
    Lol, I think it is not interesting for fandom to attack as much as Sweden. is the most successful country in the recent years, and whole decade overall, but that is why it is also the most hated country, sadly though. But those two things go always together in real life even- being successful-people are jealous at you and think you are overrated, trust me, I learnt this on my own skin.
    Likes  Pawhlen, LalehForWD liked this post

"Life imitates art far more than art imitates life." 🍀🌸 ❧ ❦ღ ♡ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ 🎶 🎷

7. Enthusiast
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by lolita View Post
    Lol, I think it is not interesting for fandom to attack as much as Sweden. is the most successful country in the recent years, and whole decade overall, but that is why it is also the most hated country, sadly though. But those two things go always together in real life even- being successful-people are jealous at you and think you are overrated, trust me, I learnt this on my own skin.
    As the German tv host Robert Lembke once said: "Compassion comes as a gift, but envy must be deserved. "
    Likes  lolita, LalehForWD, mauve liked this post

8. Mentor
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by lolita View Post
    Spot on
    Likes  lolita liked this post

9. Legend
    Sweden

@Realest Malta yes! However, this MYESC youtuber must got it completely wrong with 2018 Sweden. Austria and Australia, right? Or did he forget them? They are listed in his previous list "Eurovision 2010-2018 - TOP26 Televoting Qualifiers killed by the Juries!", but not in the actual presentation. Gosh what a horrible collection BTW! Comparing the two can convince anyone on the blessing of the ESC jury.
    Likes  Lindon liked this post

10. Mentor
    Sweden

By the way, Christer was guest in "Schlagerprofilerna" last podcast for this ESC-season released today and there he got a question regarding the reactions when he has done the running order all this years (2013, 2016-2018)

And all this angry emotions that comes after revealing the running order is only from the fanbase, none of the delegations are complaining at all (which they have right to do if they really want)

Which means that the producer setting the running order in the final will not go away in the nearest time, because EBU listens more to the actual delegations than they do to the fans (which I think it´s good for the most time, not perfect but still it´s good)
    Likes  LalehForWD, lolita, Stiven liked this post

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast