Thread: How would you stage it?

1. Legend
    Canada

How would you stage it?

I tried this on you guys last year, so I thought I'd try it again this year. Given the simplicity of this year's stage (no LEDs, no video floors, etc.), how would you stage the entries so they will stand out?

-Lighting (colors/effects)
    -Backing singers (on or off stage)
    -Costumes
    -On-stage visuals (props, backing dancers, etc.)
    -Other (visual effects, camera angles, fireworks, etc.)

Be creative!
    Likes  ZoboCamel liked this post

Va Va Froome! #TDF2017 | #LV2017 | #Giro2018?

2. Ninja
    Sweden

Re: How would you stage it?

This sounds super fun! Probably gonna post here later when I have time, btw does anybody know if the stage have LED-floors?
    TOP 3: 1. Israel 2. Greece, 3. Cyprus

3. Ninja
    Sweden

Ok, I'll start with some minimalistic ideas!

First of all, these should copy-paste from their national finals (but enhance it to the bigger stage): (they should really go over the top with the viking theme) (just because I think UK will flop anyways)

- The staging in Amsterdam was perfect for this type of song, they should keep it. Very dark in the verses and flashing white lights in the chorus. When the screaming starts before the last chorus they should have as much pyro they can afford Also the last chorus they should have some pyro but not as much, the combination of flashing white lights with pyro would be awesome! Kind of like Turkey's staging 2010 but even flashier.

- I don't have a clear stage concept, but I have a first image in mind. It opens with a close-up camera shot on Émilie from above with Jean-Karl in the background, the LED-floor is sea water (if there is a LED-floor), but they are standing on some kind of abstract raft, maybe in red and black to go with their aesthetics. The lighting should be as a sunrise, warm yellow, almost orange and light up in the background and on them. That's all I have, if any of you want to continue on my idea you're very welcome to do that!

- I actually liked the colour scheme in UMK, but the performance wasn't good. So keep the darkness with neon colours, some lasers would be nice to see as well! The stage concept however I have no idea of what they should do. Maybe have neon painted dancers to light up when a blacklight is turned on? Really cheap but they could do it well, especially in the breakdown before the last chorus.

4. Addict
    United States

Likes  tsegaye, WhoKnows liked this post

5. Ninja
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by BarefootBoogaloo View Post
    Since they said the staging from Destination France wasn't going to change, the bigger mystery is on what their outfits will look like. Will Gaultier make them wear bedazzled shoes and even tighter fitting turtlenecks???
    What??? The one with the many faces in the background?? Isn't that impossible without LED-screens...?

6. Addict
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by tsegaye View Post
    What??? The one with the many faces in the background?? Isn't that impossible without LED-screens...?
    Well, since Michael Schulte made an announcement for people to submit videos of photos of people with their fathers, they might be recycling the background screen from FdC?