View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll

18 8.45%

9 4.23%

16 7.51%

16 7.51%

17 7.98%

23 10.80%

19 8.92%

24 11.27%

19 8.92%

14 6.57%

38 17.84%
Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193
Results 1,921 to 1,929 of 1929

Thread: FRANCE 2019 - Bilal Hassani - Roi

FRANCE 2019 - Bilal Hassani - Roi

Finalist

Running Order: TBD

Composer(s)

Bilal Hassani, Madame Monsieur, Medeline

Lyricist(s)
    Bilal Hassani,Madame Monsieur

Lyrics
    Likes  Thierrylondon, JChan liked this post

2. Junkie
    Sweden

Re: FRANCE 2019 - Bilal Hassani - Roi

He's a King in the eyes of the public already, and he didn't need a high score to get a internatinal career going. I really thought he could be a surprise winner, but the performance really wasn't the high point of the final i expected.

Maybe it came across as a bit tryhard and over-the-top, there was already so much pro-LGBT and tolerance messages all over the entire event, and from other performances, it just felt kind of redundant to make it so explicit and such a major part of his performance. The staging could have focused more on Bilal himself and made a better impression, the text on stae was especially contrived. To quote Beavis & Butthead, "If i wanna read i go to school".

Good luck to him in the future, i think he's one of the real stars in this year's edition.
    You a furry too? Join facebook.com/groups/EuroFurs

3. Legend
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
    I hope there won't another season of DE. Seriously, go back to internal selection.
    I can't find the tweet I was looking for, I swear I read DE would most likely be back for a third edition.

Forget about what I said for now. Let's wait and see until this matter is put on the agenda. Despite the mixed viewing rates, I personally can't see our broadcaster give up on DE so soon. But who knows?

If they keep the format, they could make some changes though: voting-wise I wouldn't mind ditching the international jury in the semis for instance.

Na površju vse je mirno, a v meni je KAOS

4. Enthusiast
    France

Quote Originally Posted by tuorem View Post
    If they keep the format, they could make some changes though: voting-wise I wouldn't mind ditching the international jury in the semis for instance.
    That's actually a good idea. I understand why there's an IN jury, but qualifying entries thanks to national jury + tv or televoting only would be interesting. This way we would be sure the remaining 8 would be the French people's choice.

As for internal selection, aside from Amir it didn't do us so much good these past few years...
    Likes  tuorem, harey liked this post

5. Addict
    Singapore

For the efforts they put into the song and building the hype, it does seem it underperformed. But then again, thinking it objectively, the song isn't the best and Bilal isn't the best vocalist out there (but he did improve immensely). So a top 15 placing isn't that bad to be honest, considering he outperformed the more hype out/well-loved entries like Cyprus, Malta and Greece. France delegation should be happy.

To be honest, I was so afraid that France coming after Azerbaijan would have killed Azerbaijan's chances of doing well. But thankfully, it did not. Hehehhe.
    Likes  harey, randajad liked this post

Mariah Carey liked Bilal's thank you tweet.

7. Mentor
    Brazil

international juries need to ditched... in the semis and in the finals. in every NF. forever. EVERYONE START COPYING SANREMO RIGHT NOW HOW MANY TOP 5s AND TOP 10s DOES ITALY HAVE TO GET UNTIL EVERYONE LEARNS.
    ~ also known as: Troll, depressed person listening to toxic tunes 24/7, high empress of the euroqueens ~

8. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Expected outcome here. The song wasn't bad, but it wasn't too good either. Some aspects of the staging were good, some slightly confusing. So, a middle of the table is a realistic outcome.

can do much better than this.
    Likes  randajad liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najduže sećaju prošlosti"

9. Enthusiast
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Milos-BC View Post
    Expected outcome here. The song wasn't bad, but it wasn't too good either. Some aspects of the staging were good, some slightly confusing. So, a middle of the table is a realistic outcome.

can do much better than this.
    I was actually very surprised about the results. After 1st rehearsal he jumped to top 3 in the odds, both times he got the biggest applause in the press center , he got everything that was needed for win: voice, melody, composition, catchy song that goes into your skin from the 1st listening, effective staging, powerful message, lyrics. Why it didn't click with the audience and jurry is a big misery for me. I know I voted several times for this. Nevertheless, middle of the table isn't bad at all. Even if u win, it doesn't mean that's the best song. I will probably listen more song of Norway than Duncan's song after esc.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

I thought it was boring and the staging seemed desperate to make a message. Maybe it was thought gimmicky enough in Eurovision terms to be higher up the table but in a song contest I wouldn't have complained about it being bottom.
    Likes  randajad liked this post