Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: UKRAINE 2019

1. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: UKRAINE 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Yoozek View Post
    Actually the only two names I'm curious about....

I think Illaria is mad at Eurovision now and she won't compete anytime soon but... what about Tayanna?
    Both of them deserved so much better, and maybe (at least I hope), with two flops in a row now (one boy band trying to act like a rock group and one teen idol left over from Melodifestivalen), Ukraine will finally see where their strength in Eurovision is, and it's certainly not with mediocre male acts.

Tayanna became a pretty big name in Ukraine now so not sure if she's up for the unnecessary humiliation once more and currently she is not really needing this anyways as she came out as the "real winner" in the end anyways. Illaria on the other hand is still struggling to breakthrough so she needs to be seen, but she was also unnecessary humiliated. Apparently boy band pop and Melodifestivalen left-overs are considered more "genuine" and "quality" than a talent like Illaria... oh well

2. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    Both of them deserved so much better, and maybe (at least I hope), with two flops in a row now (one boy band trying to act like a rock group and one teen idol left over from Melodifestivalen), Ukraine will finally see where their strength in Eurovision is, and it's certainly not with mediocre male acts.

Tayanna became a pretty big name in Ukraine now so not sure if she's up for the unnecessary humiliation once more and currently she is not really needing this anyways as she came out as the "real winner" in the end anyways. Illaria on the other hand is still struggling to breakthrough so she needs to be seen, but she was also unnecessary humiliated. Apparently boy band pop and Melodifestivalen left-overs are considered more "genuine" and "quality" than a talent like Illaria... oh well
    Melovin did extremely well in the televote, so he was popular with viewers, and sometimes you can't legislate for the juries.
    Current 2018 ranking (22nd April) 12. France, 10. Belgium, 8. Denmark, 7. Norway, 6. Armenia, 5. Netherlands, 4. Lithuania, 3. Hungary, 2. Ukraine, 1. Romania

3. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    Melovin did extremely well in the televote, so he was popular with viewers, and sometimes you can't legislate for the juries.
    Extremely well? He did good, and obviously comparably much better in televotes than with juries. I guess it's all about perspectives whether 7th place qualifies as "extremely well" though, for a country like Ukraine that usually done pretty good with both televotes and juries, I still wouldn't call him a success in comparison to real Ukrainian successes in the past.
    Likes  GianlucaTomoe liked this post

4. Legend
    Ukraine

for a country like Ukraine that usually done pretty good with both televotes and juries

His televoting result is better than/equal:

=2006

8 out of 14.

Usually? I don't think so. "Extremely well" in my head is the top-3.

The juries which gave 17 0s to Jamala??? If not 11th place in Iceland she would have received points from every country (!) in televote. Not interested in jury's opinion at all since then

http://y2u.be/kiBF0KtqHLk

5. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by AlekS View Post

His televoting result is better than/equal:

=2006

8 out of 14.

Usually? I don't think so. "Extremely well" in my head is the top-3.

The juries which gave 17 0s to Jamala??? If not 11th place in Iceland she would have received points from every country (!) in televote. Not interested in jury's opinion at all since then
    Well, 2003, 2005 and 2007 weren't really having much appeal and I can't recall any hype nor any expectations for these entries tbh so no shock there...

But if we look at the televoting results for the rest, Melovin still isn't up there with even half of them, so yeah when I said that Ukraine should maybe look at what their strength in Eurovision has been, I still mean it. With that said, obviously #7 in televotes is still good no doubt, but what I meant was a comparison to previous Ukrainian entries. As for the juries, I was never a big fan of them so I can't say much about that and I don't agree with their slaughter of Melovin (although they were correct to not have him top. 10 at least), but things are as they are and you need to appeal to both these days if you want success in ESC.

2004 #1
    2006 #7 =
    2007 #2
    2008 #3
    2009 #12
    2010 #13
    2011 #4
    2012 #20
    2013 #2
    2014 #8 almost =
    2016 #2

6. Legend
    Ukraine

Well, 2003, 2005 and 2007 weren't really having much appeal....
    Which actually adds to the fact that Melovin scored better (equally in 1 case) than 8 entries out of 14 in televoting.

The juries:

2009 - #16 ... this one was predictable.
    2010 - #6... I was pleasantly surprised by this one.
    2011 - #7 ... the song is for the Eastern audience only, imo.
    2012 - #7 ... the only time when the juries saved our entry (while the televoters put her 2nd last in the semi)
    2013 - #6, f-en robbed
    2014 - #12, not far from televoters but out of top-10.
    2016 - 2nd even despite 17 (!) 0s
    2017 - #24, O.Torvald got what they deserved.
    2018 - #26, dead last this year. I expected #18.

One top-5 entry, 4 top-10, 4 out of top 10 (including two from the bottom 2)... I can't call it:
    usually done pretty good with both televotes and juries
    After all the scandals with the juries it doesn't even matter if they rank us high or not - I would be ashamed in any case

http://y2u.be/kiBF0KtqHLk

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718