Re: ISRAEL 2019

Diana Golbi pls.

2. Addict
    Austria

3. Legend
    Sweden

Haifa indeed seems like a terrific host city that suits Eurovision well. Not the least considering it would eliminate much of the risk for jeopardising the integrity and goodwill of Eurovision. All the politic values and propaganda options will be neutralised.
    Likes  lavieenrose liked this post

4. Active Member
    Israel

It looks here in Israel, as if the Israeli government is doing everything in its power to prevent the Eurovision from being in Israel, trying to take over the directing and management. What is not understood that politicians are not involved in the Eurovision Song Contest? It's annoying.

Today we published in Israel that the minister of culture wants to control the passages between the songs

5. Addict
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by ApEsc View Post
    It looks here in Israel, as if the Israeli government is doing everything in its power to prevent the Eurovision from being in Israel, trying to take over the directing and management. What is not understood that politicians are not involved in the Eurovision Song Contest? It's annoying.

Today we published in Israel that the minister of culture wants to control the passages between the songs
    What kind of control? Directing the postcards? Is she also in charge of tourism?

Edit, let me quote The Jerusalem Post

On Thursday, a spokeswoman for Kan told*The Jerusalem Post*that there is not, nor will there be, any government involvement in the competition.

“There is no connection – and it is forbidden for there to be – between the government and the Eurovision,” said Sharon Ben-David. “The entire operation is run only by Kan.”

Representatives from Kan are slated to hold a meeting this week in Geneva with officials from the European Broadcasting Union to begin the process of planning next year’s competition.

6. Active Member
    Israel

We are in Israel, we are entering an election year, so the current government is trying to cut every single coupon it can for its campaign. Then the US Embassy moved to Jerusalem, there was an attempt to transfer a soccer game between Israel and Argentina that tried to move to Jerusalem and that failed, the entire ruling party
    The Minister of Communications, the Minister of Culture and the Prime Minister himself, tried to exert pressure to put the Eurovision Song Contest in Jerusalem. Fortunately for us, the Eurovision Song Contest in Israel. There is an international supervisor who sees this and sets an ultimatum. Which the prime minister is trying to implement. But his ministers can not resist the temptation of political capital.

And sometimes it's funny / sad to think that if the Eurovision Song Contest arrives in Jerusalem in the end, they will take credit for it instead of those who really deserve credit for the Eurovision Song Contest in Israel, which was forgotten last year.

Even if this is destroyed, they will not lose because the ultra-Orthodox Knesset members are in the government. Opposed to the Eurovision Song Contest in Jerusalem, because of desecration of the Sabbath and such ...

7. Hero
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by ApEsc View Post

WTF!?!?!

8. Active Member
    Israel

A passage between the songs, I mean, if I understood correctly, the passage between the songs that show the singers before their performance

9. Addict
    Austria

Did anybody discuss Natalie Portman as host? I'm sure not her comfort zone. But I think she hosted once SNL.

10. Ninja
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Did anybody discuss Natalie Portman as host? I'm sure not her comfort zone. But I think she hosted once SNL.
    After the scandal, I am not sure if Israel would have her as a host ...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast