Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: ESTONIA 2019

Re: ESTONIA 2019

The main changes:

* Songs are now allowed to be performed by non-residents
    * 24 semi finalists and 12 finalists
    * semi finals will now also be live shows and are held outside of Tallinn
    * the songs are not allowed to be released before December and ERR is the first to publish the songs
    * submitting a song has a cost: 25€ for Estonian songs and 50€ for the ones in English

I think many of the changes are unnecessary and some even in conflict with the original Eesti Laul concept but that's just my opinion.

2. Guru
    Estonia

I'm okay/agree with most of the changes, besides allowing foreign performers. I don't know what the point of that was since for the songwriters they still have the rule that at least half need to be Estonian residents. Plus I think we have enough artists who could do a good job, but we'll see how it goes.
    Likes  njdevils94, tuorem, mauve, randajad liked this post

"Perché tutto va oltre le vostre inutili guerre"

Quote Originally Posted by Kairit View Post
    I'm okay/agree with most of the changes, besides allowing foreign performers. I don't know what the point of that was since for the songwriters they still have the rule that at least half need to be Estonian residents. Plus I think we have enough artists who could do a good job, but we'll see how it goes.
    xactly. If anything, we lack great composers/producers, but definitely not vocalists. I honestly doubt any top notch foreign singer would happen to collaborate with Estonian songwriters anyway?

What he said is that it's been the wish of many very good producers. So far Lemon Fight and Whateva are the only ones I can think of that have recently collaborated with foreign singers. And I don't think these songs could not be sung well by Estonians tbf.

Most of all, I find the rule change rather ironic, considering we had Elina last year. A singer that made several, if not all other contestants talk about her vocals.
    Likes  Kairit, randajad liked this post

4. Enthusiast
    United States

Live performance becomes more important is the only important change here. Other than that it is a pointless cosmetics.

From ERR perspective I wonder which financially makes more sense to make all those studio performances or arrange a live concert in 3 different places. I am actually not sure it is "fair" to have semis in different venues. Because the quality, atmosphere etc. could be so much different and I wish all songs even if they are in different semis would have exactly the same conditions.

5. Wizard
    Estonia

I mostly like the changes, but allowing non-residents makes the overall thing so much worse and meaningless. I would say RIP Eesti Laul, but in reallity, it died already years ago and Tomi Rahula is not the reanimator I was hoping for. Instead, he's doctor Frankenstein.
    ♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

6. Wizard
    Estonia

Dates for this new Eesti Laul in-name-only contest:

Submissions accepted between 1st October to 6th November (included)
    Semi-finalists announced by 15th November (or earlier)
    Final version deadline on 25th November
    Songs published on 4th Devember
    First serm-final on 26th January 2019
    Second semi-final on 2nd February
    Grand final on 16th February
    ♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

If her entire new album will be this professional, I believe she is standing a chance to represent Estonia next year.

her dance in the breakdown is giving me some Kate Bush vibes

8. Junior Member
    Netherlands

I don't like a foreigner representing a country.. The EBU should forbid that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456