Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ESTONIA 2019

1. Wizard
    Estonia

Re: ESTONIA 2019

ERR has finally given an update on the search for Eesti Laul's next producer. Three remaining candidates are
    Danel Pandre (musician, music producer, manager of Ott Lepland and Liis Lemsalu)
    Tomi Rahula (musician, music producer)
    Jarmo Seljamaa (TV producer, don't know anything about him)

Decision will be made by the end of the week

https://menu.err.ee/839206/eesti-lau...ja-tomi-rahula
    ♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

2. Hero
    Estonia

I think Tomi Rahula would be the best candidate.

3. Veteran
    Italy

Frankie Animal killed the Eesti Laul 2018 for me, hope for their comeback this year <3
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

4. Wizard
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by henhu View Post
    I think Tomi Rahula would be the best candidate.
    Not sure if I want to see Rahula or Pandre in that position as it could limit the participation of some artists due to conflict of interest. Although nobody seemed to care when Winny Puhh participated.

Anyways, the new producer should be announced on Monday and on Tuesday he will be in the morning show Terevisioon to talk about his vision for the future of Eesti Laul etc.
    Likes  henhu liked this post

5. Wizard
    Estonia

6. Hero
    Estonia

Can't wait to hear his plan tomorrow. I hope his plan is not to keep it as Melodifestivalen 2.

7. Wizard
    Estonia

Well he did not say much today. Quality over quantity and diversity was my main takeaway. He also emphasised modern production values of the entries. Changes are coming, but what and when will be decided later. We will probably have to wait until the end of summer to hear more.

https://menu.err.ee/840548/eesti-lau...uleb-muudatusi
    https://news.err.ee/840610/new-eston...ng-the-changes

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    Quality over quantity and diversity was my main takeaway. He also emphasised modern production values of the entries.
    And this said a lot, imo. Eesti Laul has been known for its diversity element since the start. Mr. Normet even changed the preselection process this year to avoid the line-up being too similar like 2017 was. So, my guess is that with the new more basic producer the pre-selection jurors will be way more mainstream and the line-up will therefore be more mainstream and Melodifestivalenish as well. I mean, I won't complain if we find our own Euphoria like that.. And another positive effect is that some artists who never got a chance will finally get through, perhaps? Other than that, I hope it won't be too boring and bland.

He also mentioned that not all changes can be made in the first year, which I believe is the case too. Just like Eesti Laul 2009 did not differ much from the decade's Eurolauls, I don't think Eesti Laul 2019 will be too different in terms of format.

9. Wizard
    Estonia

Another interview with Rahula, though mostly about football and the World Cup: https://menu.err.ee/840670/tomi-rahu...mise-lahtiseks

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    And this said a lot, imo. Eesti Laul has been known for its diversity element since the start. Mr. Normet even changed the preselection process this year to avoid the line-up being too similar like 2017 was. So, my guess is that with the new more basic producer the pre-selection jurors will be way more mainstream and the line-up will therefore be more mainstream and Melodifestivalenish as well. I mean, I won't complain if we find our own Euphoria like that.. And another positive effect is that some artists who never got a chance will finally get through, perhaps? Other than that, I hope it won't be too boring and bland.
    That's not the direction what I got from the interview at all. When he's talking about quality over quantity, he's also talking about putting music as the primary focus over the TV show aspect of Eesti Laul. Unlike Mart Normet, Heidy Purga, or whoever was in charge of Eurolaul over the years (Paadam, Pihel, etc), Tomi Rahula is the first one with education and professional background in music, not television

10. Addict
    United States

I hope Grete Paia comes back for Eesti Laul 2019 and sings in Estonian.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast