Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESTONIA 2019

Re: ESTONIA 2019

I just hope it won't be anyone straight out of the newest Idol season. None of the artists are good and experienced enough to represent us yet. Even Jüri, who sounded amazing in Eesti Laul, still struggled vocally on the big stage. But it's almost always that the most recent contestants of the Idol become big Eesti Laul favourites the following year and most likely win too.

I have a feeling someone "big" will take part next year. Trad Attack? Tommy Cash? Kerli again? I think Lõhmus will be back with somebody too, perhaps even Laura? He's never stayed away for longer than 1 year so far.

2. Veteran
    France

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I think Lõhmus will be back with somebody too, perhaps even Laura? He's never stayed away for longer than 1 year so far.
    My body is ready for his brand new entry "Venice"
    Likes  Kairit liked this post

I just hope it won't be anyone straight out of the newest Idol season. None of the artists are good and experienced enough to represent us yet. Even Jüri, who sounded amazing in Eesti Laul, still struggled vocally on the big stage. But it's almost always that the most recent contestants of the Idol become big Eesti Laul favourites the following year and most likely win too.
    Exactly my biggest fear.

4. Active Member
    Estonia

Well, there have been several cases of fresh idol winners taking part in EL the following year and not winning (Õigemeel 3rd, Lemsalu 5th, Rändvee 7th). Most of the time, there's been a year or two between the idol season and their eventual win (Õigemeel, Lepland, Jaani, Born). The only two times a fresh idol contenstant has won was Juhkental in 2010 and Pootsmann in 2016. It might give them a boost, and if it happens to be a very weak year that may be enough, but it's certainly not a guarantee of success. They still need the right song.

5. Wizard
    Estonia

Nah,, fuck Laura and fuck Sven Lõhmus. They both think our Eurovision entries should be fabricated for that specific occasion and that Eesti Laul should be replaced with Eurolaul again. No thanks.
    ♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    Nah,, fuck Laura and fuck Sven Lõhmus. They both think our Eurovision entries should be fabricated for that specific occasion and that Eesti Laul should be replaced with Eurolaul again. No thanks.
    I remember Laura saying that, but I'm not sure about Sven. I mean, Rändajad was not even originally written for Eurovision and it's his only good result. He won 3 Eesti Laul contests. Why would he say that?

I would not say NO to Laura if she had a song that topped all of her previous attempts. Songs similar to 581c and Pühakud would have lots of potential imo.

BTW Sven's old band Black Velvet is also doing a come back with a brand new album this year. Watch out for the old guys coming for that jury 0 and televoting top 10.

BTW Sven's old band Black Velvet is also doing a come back with a brand new album this year. Watch out for the old guys coming for that jury 0 and televoting top 10.
    I was UGH when I saw that news. He's wasting time on that while I'm still waiting for a new pop album from Laura.
    Likes  wtf liked this post

8. Wizard
    Estonia

I remember Laura saying that, but I'm not sure about Sven. I mean, Rändajad was not even originally written for Eurovision and it's his only good result. He won 3 Eesti Laul contests. Why would he say that?

I would not say NO to Laura if she had a song that topped all of her previous attempts. Songs similar to 581c and Pühakud would have lots of potential imo.

I'm pretty sure Sven has said similar things in the past 5 years or so. I know, it's ironic, because Eesti Laul has been much more successful for both Laura and Sven than Eurolaul ever was. Maybe he has changed his mind again, who knows, wouldn't be the first time he eats his own words.

I think mister Lõhmus is an empty, dried up pen at this point. If I remember correctly then it was after Eesti Laul 2014 when he announced his plans to write and release 3 albums for 3 different artists that year. Since then he has only released 1 Getter Jaani album, 1 Grete Paia EP, and a handful of radio singles. I'm still waiting for that Koit Toome x Sven Lõhmus collaboration album that was promised for Spring 2013!!!
    Likes  outsynk liked this post

♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sven has said similar things in the past 5 years or so. I know, it's ironic, because Eesti Laul has been much more successful for both Laura and Sven than Eurolaul ever was. Maybe he has changed his mind again, who knows, wouldn't be the first time he eats his own words.

I think mister Lõhmus is an empty, dried up pen at this point. If I remember correctly then it was after Eesti Laul 2014 when he announced his plans to write and release 3 albums for 3 different artists that year. Since then he has only released 1 Getter Jaani album, 1 Grete Paia EP, and a handful of radio singles. I'm still waiting for that Koit Toome x Sven Lõhmus collaboration album that was promised for Spring 2013!!!
    There has been less and less output from him with each year indeed. Ever since 2013 Grete has promised an album until her and Sven parted ways recently. Now Getter's music is also being written by other people even though she's still with Moonwalk. Laura did promise a pop album for the end of this year as there's supposed to be a lot of unreleased material so we'll see. Never expect anything from Moonwalk as things always get delayed or don't get released at all.

I mean I'm still waiting to hear the full version of this. Much better than "Waterfall".

Quote Originally Posted by outsynk View Post
    There has been less and less output from him with each year indeed. Ever since 2013 Grete has promised an album until her and Sven parted ways recently. Now Getter's music is also being written by other people even though she's still with Moonwalk. Laura did promise a pop album for the end of this year as there's supposed to be a lot of unreleased material so we'll see. Never expect anything from Moonwalk as things always get delayed or don't get released at all.

I mean I'm still waiting to hear the full version of this. Much better than "Waterfall".
    Yeah, it's been like 2 years since they played that teaser on TV. Waterfall is shite compared to this, why haven't they released it?

One thing's for sure: Laura will shoot a new music video in July, so if anything, we're guaranteed a new single in 2018.

edit: The teaser of the new Black Velvet song is catchy though. Seems like a summer anthem is coming. And it's called Goals (Väravad) so it'll be some sort of a football anthem as well lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123