View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll

20 13.25%

14 9.27%

12 7.95%

19 12.58%

17 11.26%

18 11.92%

9 5.96%

12 7.95%

7 4.64%

2 1.32%

21 13.91%
Page 1 of 178 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ESTONIA 2019 - Victor Crone - Storm

Exclamation ESTONIA 2019 - Victor Crone - Storm

2. Expert
    Estonia

Re: ESTONIA 2019

My hopes and wishes for Mart Normet's successor:
    • Keep the Eesti Laul name, symbolics, etc.
    • Bring back 2009-era attitude and messaging
    • Give the power back to the jury -- remove the extra televoting-only round in semis and go back to 2-way superfinal
    • Decrease the number of participants if needed. If there aren't enough songs that pass a certain treshold with the pre-selection jury then having 8 or 9 songs per semi is totally fine. Don't need to pad it with extra fluff.
    • No internatinal jury members -- if you want a more diverse set of jurors then why not include more members of local social/ethnic minorities?
    Likes  anto475, wtf liked this post

♪♫♪♫ Cep cep cep cep cep kuuku kuuku cep cep cep cep cep cep kuuku ♪♫♪♫

3. Addict
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    [*]Bring back 2009-era attitude and messaging[/LIST]
    What was that specifically?

I just wish EL would have more mainstream song writers and artists like ... Ines, 2QS production team, I dont mind Sven Lõhmus, Sal-Saller ... but I guess for all of them it is a bit "been there, done that" feeling.

4. Expert
    Estonia

Quote Originally Posted by Bsimmons View Post
    What was that specifically?
    Simply put: less focus on Eurovision Song Contest and more focus on local music scene and evaluating songs as independent pieces outside of ESC context.

It was obvious that Eesti Laul 2009 served as our national final for ESC 2009, but the contest never presented itself as such. Took only a few years until Eurovision-this and eurovision-that was all over the place. Fast forward to 2017 and we had: 1) foreign songwriters, 2) EBU executives presented as special guests at the final, 3) foreign ESC artists as interval acts, 4) foreign ESC artists as jury members, etc. Eurovision in the front, back, and centre of it all.I want none of it.

The change to allow foreign songwriters a few years ago, to me, has been the most hurtful and damaging part, because at the same time Mart Normet (our soon to be former head of delegation) went around giving interviews where he basically said our local songwriters and producers are shit who need international help. I can agree with him on some level, but that's really not what I want to hear from a person in his position. I want the next head of Eesti Laul to be a person who sees the positives in our music scene.
    Likes  Stiven, tuorem liked this post

5. Mentor
    Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by eerik View Post
    My hopes and wishes for Mart Normet's successor:
    • Keep the Eesti Laul name, symbolics, etc.
    • Bring back 2009-era attitude and messaging
    • Give the power back to the jury -- remove the extra televoting-only round in semis and go back to 2-way superfinal
    • Decrease the number of participants if needed. If there aren't enough songs that pass a certain treshold with the pre-selection jury then having 8 or 9 songs per semi is totally fine. Don't need to pad it with extra fluff.
    • No internatinal jury members -- if you want a more diverse set of jurors then why not include more members of local social/ethnic minorities?
    This, but Id keep three way superfinal round. Also, I would keep interntaional jury members, but like one per year, like special guest or something, also this jury member should not be connected to Eurocision only. Generally, it would be better for Eesti Laul to keep growing as the big local, Estonian festival than to transform it to Eurovision song finder tool. Thats what I liked about Eesti Laul in like 2009-2012 era.

Also: more €€€€ to spend on stages, last and this year were great, and it can be even better.

6. Active Member
    Estonia

Happily Normet will be gone, I fear he messed up all our stagings

But we will never be top5 I guess ...

7. Expert
    Estonia

The deadline for applicants to Normet's position is on Monday, by the way, so I guess we'll know the name of our new lord and saviour bt the end of the month, hopefully. Not sure how long the interviewing and deciding process will be though.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

It's going to be very difficult to break the 3 year curse, but here's to 2019 having a more successful song than La Forza.
    I'm hopeful, because our best result of last 16 years happened when a new producer took over.
    Likes  tuorem liked this post

9. Wizard
    Germany

Justice for ma gurl Kerli (she recently moved back to Estonia so yeah go!)
    Likes  EscGeek liked this post

10. Mentor
    Brazil

kerli & iiris together as an entry #dreams
    Likes  EscGeek, randajad liked this post

Love yourself as much as I love Cezar - It's My Life (Romania) - LIVE - 2013 Grand Final

Page 1 of 178 123451151101 ... LastLast