View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll

36 17.39%

30 14.49%

41 19.81%

26 12.56%

19 9.18%

16 7.73%

7 3.38%

11 5.31%

4 1.93%

7 3.38%

10 4.83%
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768

Thread: SPAIN 2019 - Miki - La venda

SPAIN 2019 - Miki - La venda

Likes  LaVenda, B3stbeats, Mrm liked this post

Re: SPAIN 2019 - Miki - La venda

Popular music is often about fashion, what's thought to be cool/modern and what other people are following. I always find that very limiting. When you hear people talking about a kind of music being the modern style and something else being outdated that's always a clue that they have a narrow opinion that they want to make out is the normal and correct way of following music. But those with more narrow opinions will always enjoy far less music than those who don't just want to follow fashion.

3. Junkie
    Spain

New song from Miki. Let the summer begin!
    Eurovision 2019:12. Belarus 10. Malta 8. Russia 7. Spain 6. France 5. Switzerland 4. Italy 3. Cyprus 2. Serbia 1. Ireland

4. Active Member
    United States

After looking at the results, I was surprised that Spain earned such a low score with the televoters. I felt something was off. I thought this song was pretty fun and accessible to viewers, and had a good following. I knew the juries pretty much pummeled this entry to the bottom of the pile. Although, I felt that it should have done a little better with the televoters. 14th place seemed too low. Sure the staging was not perfect, and a little confusing. However, Miki did a great job and gave a very energetic performance and was on point the entire time. So, I checked the results of the televote and realized something interesting:

It was consistently just outside the top 10! I do not mean like 15th and below, but actually between 11th and 15th.

Spain was
    11th in , , , and
    12th in , , , , and
    13th in , , and

So had the Spainsh delegation tweaked the staging, or maybe kept it simple with just them jumping around (idk), they could have gotten a better position on televoting. It was almost there! It's interesting, especially Spain could have just sent something in the lines of another Fuego clone.

Oh well, I still think it's a good song and Miki was great.
    Likes  HayashiM, 94ayd liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by macmillanandwife View Post
    After looking at the results, I was surprised that Spain earned such a low score with the televoters. I felt something was off. I thought this song was pretty fun and accessible to viewers, and had a good following.
    I said at the time that it coming last in the running order (and obviously not featuring in the semis) didn't help it. Towards the end of the long list of songs most viewers may just be ready to vote than bothering to listen to more. As for the juries I'm never sure what their criteria is, they just seem a muddled concept anyway. The performance of this song was good, and it was good for the genre it was.

6. Senior Member
    Czech Republic

Quote Originally Posted by musicfan View Post
    I said at the time that it coming last in the running order (and obviously not featuring in the semis) didn't help it. Towards the end of the long list of songs most viewers may just be ready to vote than bothering to listen to more. As for the juries I'm never sure what their criteria is, they just seem a muddled concept anyway. The performance of this song was good, and it was good for the genre it was.
    Italy 2018 also performed last - they still came up 3rd in the televote...
    I think Spain's only problem this year was the staging. And, by now, I would even think of a possible European bias.
    Likes  94ayd liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by HayashiM View Post
    Italy 2018 also performed last - they still came up 3rd in the televote...
    I think Spain's only problem this year was the staging. And, by now, I would even think of a possible European bias.
    Apart from the weird puppet thing (only on camera for a brief moment) I thought the staging was fine. Italy always seem to do well unless the vocal is messed up (which only happened once really), even though I don't rate many of the songs. Italian sounds nice but the songs entered are normally overrated to me. I'm not an automatic fan of any place, Sweden, Italy or anywhere.

8. Hero
    Austria

Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768