View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll

26 16.67%

9 5.77%

17 10.90%

9 5.77%

12 7.69%

11 7.05%

11 7.05%

22 14.10%

15 9.62%

5 3.21%

19 12.18%
Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: AUSTRIA 2019 - PÆNDA - Limits

AUSTRIA 2019 - PÆNDA - Limits

2. Enthusiast
    Spain

Re: AUSTRIA 2019

^^^^ omg I didn't know Bilderbuch were from Austria! Bungalow's such a tune, I'd love to hear something like that @ ESC I have to listen to more of their stuff
    Likes  sigi liked this post

3. Senior Member
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by missbones View Post
    ^^^^ omg I didn't know Bilderbuch were from Austria! Bungalow's such a tune, I'd love to hear something like that @ ESC I have to listen to more of their stuff
    bilderbuch expressed more than once that they are absolutely not interested to take part at esc. in my opinion it is likely that orf will work with symphonix international again. however now we will have to sit and wait a few months....

4. Enthusiast
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    bilderbuch expressed more than once that they are absolutely not interested to take part at esc. in my opinion it is likely that orf will work with symphonix international again. however now we will have to sit and wait a few months....
    well yep, I kind of guessed it wouldn't be their thing

5. Mentor
    Austria

Julian Le Play with a german song?

6. Hero
    Austria

For me, Loin d'ici was the best song ever at Eurovision. I hope for something equally interesting and mesmerizing. If we opt for internal selection, it will most likely be another radio-friendly jury pleaser, which is OK with me as well.
    Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by the angel who goes by the name of Glittering Gabriel
    Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

7. Veteran
    Austria

The good thing about an internal selection is that Eberhard Forcher is the head... He has proven that he really chooses well which leads to the formula: professional + quality + international prospective ==> success.

Whereas if the Austrian public decides you get Trackshittaz or the Makemakes.... We've seen where this leads to. Of course Zoe also was selected by a public vote, but this was so close that you can count that as the lucky exception.
    Just compare our results since we came back to Eurovision

chosen by the public
    Nadine Beiler: 18th place
    Trackshittaz: DNQ (last in their semi)
    Natalia Kelly: DNQ (14th out of 17th in her semi; I would think that Elly V would have had a similar result, if she'd beaten Zoe)
    The Makemakes: last with 0 points (wouldn't probably have qualified if they hadn't been prequalified)
    Zoe: 13th overall (Top Ten with the public) - And in this NF there were only artists Eberhard Forcher chose.

chosen internally:
    Conchita: one of the best winners in the whole ESC
    Nathan: 16th
    Cesár: 3rd (wins the jury vote)

As for me - I'd rather go for an internal choice in the future.
    Likes  sigi liked this post

8. Legend
    Slovenia

I know it's impossible but...
    Oh la la la, Oh la la la, You're my love and my aphrodisiac

9. Veteran
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by EscGeek View Post
    I know it's impossible but...
    That would get a Trackshittaz result

10. Legend
    Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    That would get a Trackshittaz result
    Yes, but they're the only ones who were able to beat Conchita.. That's just a fact
    Oh la la la, Oh la la la, You're my love and my aphrodisiac

11. Hero
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    The good thing about an internal selection is that Eberhard Forcher is the head...

The question is, how long?

ORF has just undergone a political change, now the conservative government has control over the ORF after this week's vote in the oversight committee. Now directors and management will be changed too and I am not sure about our Delegation neither.

Maybe next year we will have John Otti Band or DJ Ötzi instead of what delivered the successes in recent years.
    Likes  Sammy liked this post

Laid dagger dead inside a lonely bed, trying to hide the hole inside my head, watching the stars slide down to reach the end. The sleep is not my friend. Drinking shampain to forget yesterday, coz I remember the way it ended that day, that I walked away.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels'
    tears and pain, but I feel celestial.

Elderly stars slide down the morning sky, slipping away to find a place to die. I wonder when the night will reach its end. The sleep is not my friend.

Drinking shampain meant for a wedding. Toast to the bride a fairy tail ending.
    Drinking shampain, a bottle to myself. Savor the taste of fabricated wealth.

Drinking shampain made by all the angels' tears and pain, but I feel celestial.