View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll

125 48.45%

39 15.12%

29 11.24%

15 5.81%

15 5.81%

11 4.26%

7 2.71%

4 1.55%

2 0.78%

1 0.39%

10 3.88%
Page 2 of 171 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ITALY 2019 - Mahmood - Soldi

ITALY 2019 - Mahmood - Soldi

2. Administrator
    Croatia

Re: ITALY 2019

^ Agree & I don't see Italy withdrawing soon

On the other hand, I am hoping for one of those artists:

Annalisa

Giusy Ferreri

Chiara Galiazzo

Arisa

Elisa

3. Ninja
    Bosnia Herzegovina

Italy will not withdraw and ratings are a bit higher this year actually.

4. Enthusiast
    Spain

I low-key wish for a breathtaking Italian ballad, but honestly I just hope for a better selection than last year's It'd be great to see Ultimo, the last winner of the nuove proposte, I really like him

5. Senior Member
    Italy

I'm sick of this withdrawal nonsense coming up every now and then. Stop this shit.

6. Amateur
    Italy

Some interesting names that Italian eurofans would like to see on stage are the last winner and runner-up of our version of X Factor. I'll leave their last singles below. They're among the less known artists that are usually named by Italian ESC fans, other than the way more known ones like Annalisa, The Kolors, Arisa etc.

Anyway, our national selection will probably be Sanremo again (not that it's a bad thing, I mean, all of the winners of Sanremo that competed have placed in the top 10), so expect names like Arisa (she's almost surely coming back this year), Malika Ayane, Michele Bravi, Elodie, Chiara and so on. Basically the ones who compete every two years. And a bunch of old glories, of course, because Baglioni is almost surely coming back as our creative director. A huge name in the Italian music industry that was rumoured to participate last year was Alessandra Amoroso, because Baglioni and her are kind of friends, so she could make her debut in Sanremo this year. And she would win 100%, so watch out for her if she ends up competing.

Honestly, I hope for an indie artist (or Itpop, as many call this sort of Italian indie-pop that is gaining popularity in the recent years) to represent us, it is a really appreciated genre among younger people, and it's really different from indie music outside of Italy. It would be cool to send something a bit more daring, just to show a different side of Italian music that many people outside of Italy ignore. This year we've had Lo Stato Sociale, but their song was a bit gimmicky and more commercial than usual Itpop songs, but I still hope they showed that different genres could also do well in Sanremo, encouraging other artists than the usual ones to compete.

7. Guru
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Edre View Post
    And a bunch of old glories, of course, because Baglioni is almost surely coming back as our creative director.

Seeing Malika back would be nice, but I really liked Mudimbi as well.

8. Enthusiast
    Spain

@Edre do you think artists like Thegiornalisti are interested in participating? I'd love to see something like that too! I'm not sure how it'll be received at ESC tho, Italy seems to do better when you send /italian/ (whatever that means) things, like L'essenziale or Grande Amore.

9. Amateur
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by missbones View Post
    @<b><a href="http://escunited.com/forum/member.php?u=15484" target="_blank">Edre</a></b> do you think artists like Thegiornalisti are interested in participating? I'd love to see something like that too! I'm not sure how it'll be received at ESC tho, Italy seems to do better when you send /italian/ (whatever that means) things, like L'essenziale or Grande Amore.
    I don't think they will take part in Sanremo, sadly. They're really popular at the moment, and they don't really need Sanremo to validate their career. And I agree with you, it seems like the more "Italian" songs do better at the Eurovision, and they fit more into the "itpop" category I was talking about in the last post (they're kind of on the mainstream side of itpop). It would be cool to see them, but considering that our representant has to win Sanremo, I would count them out.

For everyone who doesn't know them, these are their last single and another one that I think represents quite well what they usually do.

Likes  missbones liked this post

10. Enthusiast
    Spain

Thank you so much for answer, well, that's a shame I've been listening to their music for a couple of months now but I didn't know they were so big. And that's also "the worst" part of that genre, a lot of artists are so indie that they wouldn't even think about participating in the festival, I guess. And even if they go for it, they still need to win it AND accept going to Eurovision, which is a lot to go through

11. Guru
    Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Jukica View Post
    ^ Agree & I don't see Italy withdrawing soon

On the other hand, I am hoping for one of those artists:

Annalisa

I want them to send Annalisa. If they sent her this year, she would be my number 1, I love to listen to this song, it is so beautiful.
    Likes  DaFlo, Jukica, elanyvx liked this post