Re: POLAND 2019

2015 was our internal choice as well...
    Likes  burrito liked this post

2. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by simonPL View Post
    2015 was our internal choice as well...
    That's an unfortunate truth, don't know what TVP was smoking when they chose that lame song... but apart from that I still think internal choice could be the best option because the national selections have been dreadful, but it's true that it could also be a miss. I think they should follow the principle they had in 2014 with trying to pursue an act that is already popular in Poland and pick some song that was popular and start with that, it's a good tactic to also make more Poles interested in the contest and respect it.
    Likes  randajad liked this post

3. Junkie
    Poland

Soo..

Gromee's flop will lead us to no name with a dull ballad for 2019
    Likes  burrito liked this post

4. Active Member
    Poland

So true Next KE will be so shitty I can't even.
    Megfáradt ereimben az élet, oret pasojne por ndjenjen se ndalin

5. Guru
    Poland

Oh, come on people, it's to early. I know, this is very POSSIBLE way, but let's stay positive! We don't know anything yet. Maybe this flop will change the TVP's direction of selection? Maybe some interesting artists will decide to participate because of this year result which can be very easily beaten?

6. Senior Member
    Brazil

my slowanie 2.0 please
    Love yourself as much as I love Cezar - It's My Life (Romania) - LIVE - 2013 Grand Final

7. Veteran
    Sweden

I think TVP should go back to their formula used in 2014, not arrange a crappy half-arsed national final filled with piles of craps and amateurs, but rather try to convince the act with the biggest national hit of the year so far to enter this. I have no idea how they managed to get Donatan/Cleo onboard, but this is a formula I think they should re-visit. So in other words, internal selection, but with brain, not like in 2015. They need a popular act with a strong entry to agree to this, won't happen if they insist on that crappy national final thing.

Also, Poland REALLY needs to start paying attention to the live aspect of this, Groome/Lukas had a decent song but everything with the staging was wrong. If we go back and look at "Legenda" in 2010 as well as Magdalena Tul in 2011, these were also pretty good entries, but with messy staging and bad crew. They need to hire some professionals next time and bring in a professional team with a vision and concept in mind. Last time they had that was with Donatan/Cleo tbh, then there were three dull ballads in a row (I don't care if Szpak did good in televoting), and in 2018 a so-so, bit dated, bit generic, EDM-Pop song that could have made it with better staging at least. 2014 was Poland thinking outside of the box, sending what was actually big in Poland and a full concept, I think they should try something like that in 2019 again. You don't need a song in English for instance, you need to find the right act, the right song and the right concept staging.
    Likes  Mii11, simonPL, Iker liked this post

8. Ninja
    Israel

After seeing that Moldova 2018 is predicted to be in Top 10, I'm starting to think that maybe should try to send a Disco Polo act At least it would be an interesting experiment and if the song is solid and catchy, the singer can actually sing and the staging right then who knows
    Likes  A-lister, lavieenrose liked this post

<3

9. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    After seeing that Moldova 2018 is predicted to be in Top 10, I'm starting to think that maybe should try to send a Disco Polo act At least it would be an interesting experiment and if the song is solid and catchy, the singer can actually sing and the staging right then who knows
    Actually, it's not such a bad idea. I know alot of Polish people will call it lunatic, but IF they send a Disco-Polo track that is actually well enough produced, catchy and with a professional team and someone who can sing and do a good show of it, it could work.

The problem is that most disco-polo are really poorly produced, the singers look and sing awful, and it's all just amateur deluxe.

10. Active Member
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    Some people on Polish message boards mock Moldova calling it ''disco polo'' but the thing is that ''My Lucky Day'' is better than 99% of disco-polo.
    And I am not a fan of Moldovan entry (but admittedly their performance yesterday was smart & funny) and I did not mind it qualifying from this subpar semi.

But disco-polo is absolutely horrenduous stuff. Bulgarian chalga or Romanian manele that are sometimes compared to disco-polo are bafflingly sophisticated and listenable by comparison.

I think we need to scrap our National Final and go for internal choice again maybe even with some one-off project a la Equinox this year from Bulgaria.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast