View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll

19 13.29%

11 7.69%

24 16.78%

15 10.49%

9 6.29%

10 6.99%

13 9.09%

9 6.29%

11 7.69%

6 4.20%

16 11.19%
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast

Thread: POLAND 2019 - Tulia - Pali się

POLAND 2019 - Tulia - Pali się

2. Guru
    Poland

Re: POLAND 2019 - Tulia - Pali się

It's not that obvious that Tulia could flop in the final.
    Even with a mistake of Czech jury member we still got the highest jury score since 2014. There were no our televoting "friends" in 1st semi like Lithiania, Latvia, Ireland, Lithuania, Germany or UK and we still made it (to finish #10... sorry, #11).

I think that we could get some points from those ones in the final + probably some points of the juries. In my opinion Tulia was able to reach higher position than Belarus, but we will never know, because grandma from Czechia made a mistake and she's in denial claming that her points are okay, lol.

So I don't want to speculate.

I am more interested in the official statement or something like that, but now it feels like no one is gonna say something more. TVP, Tulia, EBU?
    If they are going to pretend it's okay... I just can't.
    Likes  Mainshow, harey liked this post

3. Ninja
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by simonPL View Post
    It's not that obvious that Tulia could flop in the final. Even with a mistake of Czech jury member we still got the highest jury score since 2014.
    Yeah, we'd win win these 60p xD
    Few years back there was same kind of issue with some Danish or Swedish jury lady and no one cared.
    - Jonida
    - Jo tyż niy!

4. Veteran
    Czech Republic

In my opinion Tulia was able to reach higher position than Belarus, but we will never know, because grandma from Czechia made a mistake and she's in denial claming that her points are okay, lol.
    Has she denied it somewhere? Can't find it.

Anyway, she basically indirectly confirmed that she voted in reverse. Czech ESC website did an online interview with her (the questions were sent to her before the saturdays' final and the answers were received on sunday - so they couldn't ask her about this incident)

She was asked about some of her favourite songs from this year and some surprises:
    She mentions her disappointment with Georgia not qualifying yet she placed them 15th in the semifinal. That's a clear confirmation that she voted incorrectly imo.

http://escarena.cz/2019/05/20/rozhov...ou-zelenkovou/
    Likes  Mainshow, Etanna liked this post

5. Guru
    Poland

@nofuxCZ

I was checking Polish blogs and fanpages, because I wanted some updates, I found her words about Georgia, which sounds like a proof for me as well, but also I found this:
    https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...49&oe=5D5BE91B (I hope link with jpg works, its from Facebook, but I cannot paste it in here as a picture)

According to the translation, she said that differences between her toplist in semi and in the final are made by "system" and "current atmosphere", so everything is okay and her points are correct.
    Likes  nofuxCZ liked this post

6. Active Member
    Czech Republic

@simonPL
    who is she kidding?
    how she voted in semi 1: 1 - Portugal, 2 - Belgium, 3 - Cyprus, 4 - Montenegro, 5 - Belarus, 6 - Australia, 7 - Iceland, 8 - San Marino, 9 - Finland, 10 - Serbia, 11 - Poland, 12 - Greece, 13 - Hungary, 14 - Estonia, 15 - Georgia, 16 - Slovenia

how she most likely wanted to vote in the semi: 1 - Slovenia, 2 - Georgia, 3 - Estonia, 4 - Hungary, 5 - Greece, 6 - Poland, 7 - Serbia, 8 - Finland, 9 - San Marino, 10 - Iceland, 11 - Australia, 12 - Belarus, 13 - Montenegro, 14 - Cyprus, 15 - Belgium, 16 - Portugal

how she voted in the final: 1 - North Macedonia, 2 - Sweden, 3 - The Netherlands, 4 - Estonia, 5 - France, 6 - Slovenia, 7 - UK, 8 - Azerbaijan, 9 - Italy, 10 - Malta, 11 - Germany, 12 - Switzerland, 13 - Australia, 14 - Iceland, 15 - Belarus, 16 - Greece, 17, Serbia, 18 - Cyprus, 19 - Denmark, 20 - Albania, 21 - Norway, 22 - Israel, 23 - Russia, 24 - San Marino, 25 - Spain

What she said in the interview posted above:
    Question: Which song or songs appealed to you the most (barring Lake Malawi)?
    JZ: Personally, I really liked Tamara Todevska, North Macedonia's representant. That was a real James Bond song! Across the jury, we agreed on the Swedish singer the most and I also ranked highly the Dutch singer who eventually won. As juries we also really liked Slovenia, I remembered very well the Estonian song and Iceland also caught my attention. That was a completely different performance, it stood out.

Q: Did you experience some surprise in the semifinal like somebody qualifying or not qualifying to the finals that you hadn't expected?
    JZ: We had been predicting that the Polish girls and the Hungarian singer would advance to the finals but a disappointment for me was Georgian Oto Nemsadze not qualifying. His performance was very forceful to me.

I think most telling is her voting for Montenegro, Georgia, Estonia and Slovenia, that's just too obvious. It's a real pity Poland was not in the finals, it would have been much better with them in it
    Likes  simonPL liked this post

I wouldn't have minded the Polish song in the final, but at the expense of Belarus? No.
    Likes  94ayd, wtf, Realest liked this post

8. Super Moderator
    Serbia

Such a shame

If they got this final, I am quite sure they would've finished quite well. Definitely robbed.
    Likes  Etanna, simonPL liked this post

"Budućnost pripada onima koji se najdalje i najdue sećaju prolosti"

9. Guru
    Poland

The last lyric video from debut album era and I want to say that I reloved them. This is my current favourite track and I decided to listen to whole album from cover to cover. It's a pure beauty. I think, I will never forgive that non-qualification for them.

And news: Tulia is a trio now. One girl left the band due to personal issues with health.

10. Mentor
    Norway

Sad to hear that they're a trio now! That being said, it's a pity they didn't qualify really. During the rehearsals and live it grew a lot on me
    Camera angles could've been better though

11. Mentor
    Norway

It's not that obvious that Tulia could flop in the final.
    Even with a mistake of Czech jury member we still got the highest jury score since 2014. There were no our televoting "friends" in 1st semi like Lithiania, Latvia, Ireland, Lithuania, Germany or UK and we still made it (to finish #10... sorry, #11).

I think that we could get some points from those ones in the final + probably some points of the juries. In my opinion Tulia was able to reach higher position than Belarus, but we will never know, because grandma from Czechia made a mistake and she's in denial claming that her points are okay, lol.

So I don't want to speculate.

I am more interested in the official statement or something like that, but now it feels like no one is gonna say something more. TVP, Tulia, EBU?
    If they are going to pretend it's okay... I just can't.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they did a top 15 in the final if televote were kind! Now I'm not for the fact that some countries always do well in televoting due to diaspora like Lithuania getting 12 points from UK for example, but if just one of those countries could vote for Poland in the semi then perhaps we'd see them in the final

Personally I loved their staging, I really like the use of LED-selfies if I feel like it's executed well