View Poll Results: How do you rate this entry?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll

19 13.29%

11 7.69%

25 17.48%

15 10.49%

9 6.29%

9 6.29%

13 9.09%

9 6.29%

11 7.69%

6 4.20%

16 11.19%
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: POLAND 2019 - Tulia - Pali się

POLAND 2019 - Tulia - Pali się

2. Veteran
    Sweden

Re: POLAND 2019 - Tulia - Pali się

Quote Originally Posted by simonPL View Post
    Agreed.
    I don't know if we are going to leave the contest in 2020. Maybe, together with hosting JESC, TVP will try to do something wow for the last time? Disco-polo? Ballad? My Słowianie 2.0? Personally, I don't care.

I always defended ESC from those comments that this is a plastic, freak show and no one cares about music in here, I believed there will be a place for something different, unique and people will recognise Tulia's performance. But no, they prefered San Marino or run-of-the-mill pop songs. Actually, it could be a nice surprise if jury gave us higher place than viewers, but I don't think it's going to happen. This is insane that Poland is out of top 10 in the semi with only 17 countries.

I had so little interesed in this year's contest and after results it's even lower. In general, I think that ESC is losing its uniqueness, it's not an great event for masses, just a show on night televison with impact on nothing. If this is so much great for fanbase that "daddy Serhat" did it, oh yeah, so I think that general not-so-good thoughts about level of Eurovison are really legitimized.

Well, it's really sad to watch them just right after results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    Honestly, I get why people are upset. However, every year there are acts that have great performances/songs but do not qualify. It's nto a reason to say bad things about contest, every year is unpredictable. Sometime it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Austria had awful result in 2013, with objectively a nice song, and then they won in 2014. Portugal kept failing to qualify but won with Salvador. This is the beauty of Eurovision.

Tulia did their best but unfortunately I think TVP is to blame for the catastrophic results recently. The staging was awful, and this is typical of TVP. Had TVP invested some money into staging and choreography, I think the final outcome would be different both this year and last year. Another thing is that I believe TVP should choose their artist earlier and create a song that is suited for Eurovision. Pali Sie is a great song IMO, but it's not powerful enough for Eurovision. I think Slavic folk could have done well at Eurovision, but unfortunately not in the case of this song.

Let's hope that after November, TVP's management is going to change and hopefully TVP will make a right choice next year.
    Actually, I agree with both of your (although contradictory) points...

Eurovision should be more about celebrating actual musical diversity, to not be afraid to send something daring and to showcase your culture through music... the juries (mostly) seem to be put here to make it a standardized Pop contest instead which is very sad and goes against the whole purpose.

On the other hand, the song itself was a wrong pick, not because it was ethno, just because it lacked and TVP do fail in this department. I however don't think this year's staging was that bad, 2018 was a trainwreck though stage-wise but TVP just doesn't understand this it seems. I wonder if the rumor that alot of artists don't want to enter because of TVP's political affiliation these days is true? That could explain some, however even with the previous government the national selection and the entries to ESC were mediocre, underwhelming and badly presented.
    Likes  Stargazer, simonPL liked this post

3. Expert
    Greece

However Jon Ola said that juries and televoting agreed on 8/10 qualifiers so maybe Tulia were outside top 10 on both juries and televoting. Will be really interesting to learn that on Sunday.
    Likes  mauve liked this post

4. Expert
    Germany

Without this was pretty sure outside Top10 I guess. had a horrible Draw this Year.
    But if they were in the TV-Top10 than it would be extremely unfair if Juries killed them again.
    Shine, shine like the stars in the sky
    Wipe the dust off your love, let it shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

5. Guru
    Netherlands

The staging of this one was horrible. Totally didn’t fit the song and the shots and camera angles were weird. Expected already that it didn’t qualify
    Likes  94ayd, Kitakaze liked this post

Personal winners 19: | 18: Israel | 17: France | 16: Australia | 15: Estonia | 14: Netherlands | 13: Israel | 12: Sweden | 11: Serbia | 10: Germany

6. Legend
    Cyprus

This was my favorite from semi final 1 and it didn't make it. Shame

But I guess that it's a type of song that only ESC fans find good. I talked to non-ESC fans and didn't like it. I can see why it failed.
    ESC 2019: 12 NL // 10 NO // 08 CH // 07 AZ // 06 SE // 05 RS // 04 CY // 03 PL // 02 SI //01 ES

7. FSC Head Mod
    Norway

Well, this ESC-fan did not like this song at all, sorry (but a mate also watching last night did, so it's a matter of taste as always I think).

<< Join the Fun at the Forum Song Contest (FSC)! >>

8. Guru
    Portugal

Tulia have the 2nd most watched performance from last night on youtube. I'm pretty sure the jury destroyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mii11 View Post
    This x1000 times. Unfortunately, except for Germany, I think in many Western countries like the UK there is anti-Polish sentiment and juries do vote Poland down. It's really disgusting and unfair but what can we do
    ....lol

10. Legend
    Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by Malagant View Post
    Well, this ESC-fan did not like this song at all, sorry (but a mate also watching last night did, so it's a matter of taste as always I think).
    My conclusion about appealing to mostly ESC fans was because this song, before it was chosen to represent Poland in ESC, took part in NSC (contest of this forum, where ESC fans take part and vote) and won. And that people who are not ESC fans didn't find it appeal in general, with my discussions about last night's semi and saying that my favorite didn't qualify, everybody found it very weird that I liked that song. Of course, I didn't mean every ESC fan likes it (I can see a lot of 0s in the voting here) and that no person who isn't ESC fan would like it.
    ESC 2019: 12 NL // 10 NO // 08 CH // 07 AZ // 06 SE // 05 RS // 04 CY // 03 PL // 02 SI //01 ES

11. Super Moderator
    Sweden

I think had they sent something a bit more... melodic (for lack of a better word), I think it would have done better. Their singing style isn't for everyone and combine that with a song like Pali się, it was probably a turn off for a lot of people. That song made their singing sound more "screachy" and ear-grating, for the uninitiated. I personally love the singing technique, but like I said, it certainly isn't for everyone.

A song like this one below would have fit Eurovision much better, in my opinion. And would have been a clear 12 pointer for me. Pali się was underwhelming, unfortunately.

Likes  Kitakaze liked this post

///Anna

(``._.[ Last.fm | Instagram | Twitter ]._.`)