View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll

106 41.90%

23 9.09%

26 10.28%

11 4.35%

9 3.56%

10 3.95%

7 2.77%

2 0.79%

5 1.98%

9 3.56%

45 17.79%
Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: ICELAND 2019 - Hatari - Hatriđ mun sigra

Exclamation ICELAND 2019 - Hatari - Hatriđ mun sigra

2. Senior Member
    Italy

Re: ICELAND 2019

Some countries must take risks, Iceland has this opportunity and should seize it. Sending a normal song will not lead anywhere (like 2018), normal songs will be coming soon from other countries, so Iceland should try with an absent genre. I would choose Hatari or the other trio.

3. Wizard
    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by elanyvx View Post
    Some countries must take risks, Iceland has this opportunity and should seize it. Sending a normal song will not lead anywhere (like 2018), normal songs will be coming soon from other countries, so Iceland should try with an absent genre. I would choose Hatari or the other trio.
    2018 Iceland's entry wasn't exactly a normal song but more likely an outdated boring ballad! But i totally i agree on the rest!
    Likes  Mainshow, Iker liked this post

4. Ninja
    Belgium

"Out Choice" was extraordinary.

Extraordinarily bad, that is.
    Likes  Iker, Schlagerman1 liked this post

It's not the song that matters, but what you do with it.

5. Ninja
    Estonia

Söngvakeppnin used to be one of my favourite selections, but I was disappointed with it the last 2 years, and I feel this year is the worst yet and it's annoying, because Iceland definitely has a lot more potential than this. There's only one song here that I enjoy listening to and am not bored or annoyed with and that is "Sunday Boy"/"Helgi", tbh it's probably in my top 3 favourite songs of this NF season so far, because it's totally my thing (I'm pretty sure I've heard pretty much the exact same song before somehow though lol). It's the kind of cute song I usually love Iceland's selection for yet I also prefer it a bit more in English, which is rare, I think it's because her accent makes it even more charming than it already is. I'll be rooting for it, but I'm not sure how well it holds up on a competitive level. All in all, I hope the better old days will come back for next year. 2015 was just brilliant, even if I didn't like the winner (though it was still miles better than last year's winner or most of this year's entries).
    Likes  ES2011, Kitakaze liked this post

"Perché tutto va oltre le vostre inutili guerre"

6. Mentor
    Bosnia Herzegovina

I hate everything here at the moment. Bon chance to Iceland with this pile of rubbish.
    Likes  Realest liked this post

7. Senior Member
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Kairit View Post
    Söngvakeppnin used to be one of my favourite selections, but I was disappointed with it the last 2 years, and I feel this year is the worst yet and it's annoying, because Iceland definitely has a lot more potential than this. There's only one song here that I enjoy listening to and am not bored or annoyed with and that is "Sunday Boy"/"Helgi", tbh it's probably in my top 3 favourite songs of this NF season so far, because it's totally my thing (I'm pretty sure I've heard pretty much the exact same song before somehow though lol). It's the kind of cute song I usually love Iceland's selection for yet I also prefer it a bit more in English, which is rare, I think it's because her accent makes it even more charming than it already is. I'll be rooting for it, but I'm not sure how well it holds up on a competitive level. All in all, I hope the better old days will come back for next year. 2015 was just brilliant, even if I didn't like the winner (though it was still miles better than last year's winner or most of this year's entries).
    Agreed, together with , has always been my favourite national selection. Now your country has to carry that burden alone, because the last 2 years in Iceland have been dull as hell. The only songs this year I kind of like are 'Ivar Daniels - Make me Whole' and 'Imsland - What Are You Waiting For'.

My ultimate dark horse however is Hatari. At first it completely slipped by me as another novelty act. But out of curiosity I listened to it again on Youtube while finding a loose translation and I think it is a lot more serious and dark than I gave it credit for. I currently have it on repeat and it already rose to my 3rd position for this national final. And, just a hunch, I think it will be my favourite before the first semi-final starts . What is your opinion on the song?

P.S. Don't get me started on 2015, Stefania Svavarsdottir with 'Ast eitt Augnablick' is still one of my favourite national final songs of all time.
    Likes  Kruto liked this post

8. Guru
    Greece

I think that Iceland will take the risk and send Hatari but i can't see it do it well in Tel Aviv....
    Sorry iceland but it's a weak NF

9. Senior Member
    Italy

Likes  Kruto, ZoboCamel, mauve, Kaz, Mrm liked this post

10. Junior Member
    France

I was so disappointed by the Söngvakeppnin selection last year but I'm happy because there are some songs I like this year :

Heiđrún Anna : so cuuute, reminds me of cute pop-female singers I like to listen to
    Kristina Skoubo : the same than previous but more mature
    Hatari : Can't wait to see it live, so much energy, I like it
    Elli grill, Skađi og Glymur : same, I want to see it live

11. Senior Member
    England

I just come back from this lovely country, I can't wait to listen to the songs up for selection this year. People don't really like to talk about Eurovision much in Iceland I tried on several occasions to strike a converstaion about the contest but no luck.... They see bigger things in the world i think.
    Eurovision Mad

Page 9 of 96 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast