View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll

106 41.90%

23 9.09%

26 10.28%

11 4.35%

9 3.56%

10 3.95%

7 2.77%

2 0.79%

5 1.98%

9 3.56%

45 17.79%
Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: ICELAND 2019 - Hatari - Hatriđ mun sigra

Exclamation ICELAND 2019 - Hatari - Hatriđ mun sigra

2. Legend
    Croatia

Re: ICELAND 2019 - Hatari - Hatriđ mun sigra

Quote Originally Posted by musicfan View Post
    I'd much prefer it if it wasn't about countries and so politics, but the way Eurovision sees itself they do actively promote is as that because they think that can make it more popular and so make more money.

The whole parade of contestants with national flags at the start is like the Olympics, and as everyone knows that is also about politics. You look at Eurovision forums and people tend to bring up politics and what their particular opinion is. Not everyone agrees with the concept of Israel, that may upset some and please others. National flags that some Eurovision forums tend to adore are political, country names are. Personally I'd like it to be just about the music. On forums you do get people trying to say the contest isn't about politics, but deep down you suspect most of them know there is a political element and maybe many even want that. But those people also only want it political on their own terms, reflecting what they like.
    But without national element, nobody would watch it

Same goes for Olympics. Why would anyone watch hundreds of random athletes determined only by name?

Also, I am not upset over political aspect of esc, I actually like it, it adds some flavor in all this. I mean, this is Europe, everything is politics here
    That being said, I do not resent icelandic performer making a political statement at all, I resent this statement in this occasion etc. But that’s the way it goes, if u make any political statement, u must be prepaired for consuquences. Always, not just in esc or Europe.

Btw, it’s not like I am now hating on Iceland or whatever

I don't know how true it is but I read that one of Madonna's dancers had the Palestinian flag on her back at the end of that routine. I don't think it's much of a surprise that there was a protest about Israel somewhere.

4. Tease-a-Louise
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by musicfan View Post
    I don't know how true it is but I read that one of Madonna's dancers had the Palestinian flag on her back at the end of that routine. I don't think it's much of a surprise that there was a protest about Israel somewhere.
    Taken from this article https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Ma...ovision-590072

Regarding Madonna, organizers said "this element of the performance was not part of the rehearsals which had been cleared with the EBU and the Host Broadcaster, KAN. The Eurovision Song Contest is a non-political event and Madonna had been made aware of this."

And when it came to Iceland, the EBU indicated it was considering punitive action against the country.

"The Eurovision Song Contest is a non-political event and this directly contradicts the contest rules," the EBU said early Sunday morning. "The banners were quickly removed and the consequences of this action will be discussed by the Reference Group (the contest's executive board) after the contest."
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

5. Guru
    Netherlands

Not cool
    Likes  njdevils94 liked this post

Personal winners 19: | 18: Israel | 17: France | 16: Australia | 15: Estonia | 14: Netherlands | 13: Israel | 12: Sweden | 11: Serbia | 10: Germany

6. Ninja
    France

is there nobody here that is asking why KAN did let this air ?

There are videos that shows what happened before and they were already ready with the flags, so they knew it was coming.

You can think whatever you want about it, but I hope everybody is going to be honest and wonder why the EBU and KAN let that air. I guess KAN knew a punishment was on the way and they let Iceland have it cause they were trolling Israel since the beginning.

(then the madonna thing)
    Likes  njdevils94, 94ayd, tomos2019 liked this post

Stan LOONA.

7. Enthusiast
    Iceland

I just don't know what to think about the flag thing. Somehow I always knew they were up for something and probably I would be disappointed if they did just nothing. But I expected it to be more clever. On the other hand it was clever, because it was the last moment possible with the biggest attention from the viewers.

The scarfs just looked so cheap. Didn't match the BDSM look.

Quote Originally Posted by popavapeur View Post
    There are videos that shows what happened before and they were already ready with the flags, so they knew it was coming.
    OK. Thank you for pointing that out.
    Likes  Ewigkeit, Dessi, 94ayd, Iker liked this post

8. Addict
    UK

In other less controversial news, I'm so glad I've found this video of the song being interpreted in sign language

Likes  cegs5, Dessi, Iker, ZoboCamel, Morty liked this post

9. Mentor
    Europe

They were holding free palestine banners. Kind of rude lol
    Can I get an A-women up in this beeyotch?

10. Addict
    Netherlands

If they really wanted to make a statement, they should never gone to Tel Aviv in the first place.

11. Addict
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ewigkeit View Post
    Iveta didn't face any sanction for carrying the flag of Armenian-occupied Karabakh, then why would carrying the flag of a de jure sovereign state be such a big deal?

Just an opinion.
    I think the difference is Hatari did the "movement" in the hosting country that is involved in the Palestine issue.
    If Iveta did it when the hosting nation is Azerbaijan, I guess she will face the same reaction as Hatari.
    Likes  toinou03, Iker, Etanna, tomos2019 liked this post