View Poll Results: How do you rate the entry?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll

106 41.90%

23 9.09%

26 10.28%

11 4.35%

9 3.56%

10 3.95%

7 2.77%

2 0.79%

5 1.98%

9 3.56%

45 17.79%
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: ICELAND 2019 - Hatari - Hatriđ mun sigra

Exclamation ICELAND 2019 - Hatari - Hatriđ mun sigra

2. Senior Member
    Macedonia

Re: ICELAND 2019

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    We dunno if those are actually 22.000 Icelandic citizens though, it could me multiple signatures, maybe even foreigners. From my understanding it comes from some online thing where you can't really check the validity.
    This is one my main issues with the whole thing (apart from the whole undeliberately suporting Hamas and Netanyahu), whe aren't sure how much of the signatures are valid or if they are even Icelandic, I'm 100% sure that a big percentage of them are from other countries because the petition was shared widely on BDS websites.
    Likes  A-lister, Mii11, Paddy liked this post

3. Veteran
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Stiven View Post
    This is one my main issues with the whole thing (apart from the whole undeliberately suporting Hamas and Netanyahu), whe aren't sure how much of the signatures are valid or if they are even Icelandic, I'm 100% sure that a big percentage of them are from other countries becuase the petition was shared widely on BDS websites.
    If RÚV is honestly going to take this seriously, then they are a weak broadcaster that are not only on the wrong side of history and facts, they show that they are also naive and easily manipulated. Iceland is a small country, so it's a good "market" for the BDS movement to manipulate signatures on and make it look like a "large portion of society", wheres in fact it might very well come from abroad and being duplicates of signatures

Also, RÚV like any other broadcaster knows the rule of the game, they know that the probability of Country A winning is always there and that means that the country could host, and then act like this just shows a disrespect towards the whole ESC concept and if they actually go through with this stupidity, EBU should sanction them with a 3 year ban imo
    Likes  martin, randajad liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by A-lister View Post
    If RÚV is honestly going to take this seriously, then they are a weak broadcaster that are not only on the wrong side of history and facts, they show that they are also naive and easily manipulated. Iceland is a small country, so it's a good "market" for the BDS movement to manipulate signatures on and make it look like a "large portion of society", wheres in fact it might very well come from abroad and being duplicates of signatures

Also, RÚV like any other broadcaster knows the rule of the game, they know that the probability of Country A winning is always there and that means that the country could host, and then act like this just shows a disrespect towards the whole ESC concept and if they actually go through with this stupidity, EBU should sanction them with a 3 year ban imo
    This is horrible news from Iceland. If this happen Iceland will miss a lot of my respect and everyone who talked about politics could just look at Iceland. I just hope RUV see this signatures and see if all of them is true and all of them is people over 18 years old.

Eurovision is about Music and every country who boikott this event should get a ban or fine if that is the reason why them withdraw.

Lucky enough Norway will take part. Even if some idiots trying to boikott this event. We still going to take part. Because most People understand that this is a song contest and not a politics contest.

5. Super Moderator
    Kazakhstan

This thread is not the place to discuss the Israel/Palestine conflict. Yes, you may discuss the petition and its effect specifically in relation to the contest, but do not go on tangents into politics. Consider this a general warning.
    Likes  John1, Stiven liked this post

'Every day I feel like jesus' - Sultana
    'Britney Spears can't sing. She can quack, but she can't sing.' - lavieenrose

My current timezone is GMT.

6. Veteran
    UK

If Iceland wanna pull out... Then I lose all respect for them.... All I have to say is:
    Likes  randajad, AshleyWright, Gera11 liked this post

Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Onġi Onġella Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Oh Kavallier

7. Veteran
    UK

Plus...

If people in Iceland had such an issue with Israel then they wouldn't have given them 10 (jury & televote) in the semi and 8 (jury) and 7 (televote) in the final...
    Likes  Citelis, randajad liked this post

Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Onġi Onġella Boom Boom il-bieb Onġi Oh Kavallier

8. Active Member
    Israel

I really hope to see Iceland at the Eurovision Song Contest. As the "host", as many different cultures as possible, a city like Jerusalem that brings together all sorts of different cultures will make it very special.

9. ESC Moderator
    Scotland

If Iceland do pull out, I will gain massive respect for them for sticking to their principles. It would be sad to see them go, but I doubt they'll be the only withdrawing country this season.
    Current 2019 ranking (23rd February) 12. Australia, 10. Estonia, 8. Albania, 7. Spain, 6. Czech Republic, 5. Latvia, 4. Italy, 3. Romania, 2. Germany, 1. Slovenia

10. Ninja
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by QwaarJet View Post
    If Iceland do pull out, I will gain massive respect for them for sticking to their principles. It would be sad to see them go, but I doubt they'll be the only withdrawing country this season.
    I don't have respect for them. If you go, you can show to the world what's going wrong in nations. Also it's still a party you are missing. If you host things, you have to open things up, that's why we all should go, even if you have an anti Israel feeling. (I don't have an opinion about that really) I'm not sure if this is political or not though. But I think everything is politics, so whatever.
    Likes  randajad liked this post

11. Junkie
    Japan

Silvia Night!

She was WAY ahead of her time in 2006. Today she would be the queen of the contest.
    This time she could literally be the hero of Eurovision nation and save Iceland.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast