Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Your mum's (dad's, partner's, brother's, sister's, cat's...) favourites!

1. Ninja
    Germany

Re: Your mum's (dad's, partner's, brother's, sister's, cat's...) favourites!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoboCamel View Post
    Pretty high praise from her, seeing as Duran Duran is her equal-favourite band.:
    Aww, I love your mum, Duran Duran is one of my top fave bands, too <3
    I feel the sun upon my skin
    And I am someone, I am someone

2. WorldVision Mod
    Spain

Ok so I got my mum to listen through a recap, and as she hates esc everything usually gets a rubbish or just ok comment (exception being Romania last year which she thought was great). Ofc this year the same applied. However ofc we get some comments

Her fave

Also liked

Hated

Notable Comments:
    "Well this is shit"
    "Get it off, this the worst yet. Absolutely horrific"
    *look of horror on her face* "Not as bad as Hungary but very close. Not listenable at all"
    "this is a joke? typical trash I expect at eurovision. Watch it win."
    "He speaks English? are you sure? could have fooled me. This isn't good"
    me: "this is about refugees or something." her: "Is it? how do you know that? I couldn't tell. I do like it though".
    "The best song, I really like the sound of this. It's Germany and my favourite so it will probably do bad".
    "I forgot we chose *this*. We might as well pull out now than go with this. We can keep Germany company".

My cat: Let out a distressed meow and fled the room on

Everything else got either a 'just ok' or a 'don't like this much'. Also something of note, she is a big fan of country music and things like that and stuff similar to . So I was surprised she wasn't a fan and found it rather poor instead.
    Likes  revallsay, Ausesken, DaFlo, ZoboCamel, Iker, Stiven, Kitakaze liked this post

WV Western USA
    Anahi ft. Gente De Zona - Arena y Sol
    NSC Solentoya
    Jesse y Joy - Ecos De Amor

3. Mentor
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsun View Post

Israel: O M F G ... Im not your toy? Yeah, you cant. If you were my toy Id bring you back to the toy store to get refund!
    (Calm down, my SJW friends, we were just a little joking! ;-))
    I suspect everyone will be saying that when they see her perform.

4. Ninja
    Germany

My family (apart from hubby) hasn't listened to any songs yet, but I have a strong feeling my mum will love Austria & the Netherlands!

5. Legend
    Sweden

My family did our first listening through this years Eurovision songs, and I have never seen them being this delighted afterwards. They love this year, has a lot of favorites already and is really looking forward to the contest in may, just like I am.

We listened through the songs in alphabetical order and this is our outcome (after scoring 0-5 to each song, I am yellow, my little brother green and mom is pink):

6. Addict
    Netherlands

My eight year old daughter likes to watch Rybak (a little bit in love), Malta and Denmark. My five year old daugther still asks for Belarus 2016! (She likes wolves, not naked men. )

7. Veteran
    Greece

My little brother's list- only 20 songs ranked though, as they were the only ones that he trully liked/enjoyed. :/

8. Ninja
    Germany

Today I had my 2018 Eurovision playlist playing randomly songs and my husband obviously didn’t recognize any of the songs (though he listened to all of them!) because he asked if I turned on the radio. As I was cleaning the room and didn’t have time I just said „no“. After maybe 12 songs „That‘s how you write a song“ started playing. Suddenly his head went up and he said: „Oh, that are the ESC songs that are played!“

Obviously, Rybak has an easy to remember song. Like him or not but this will probably help him in the (semi) final. It may be simple and easy to get and maybe attracts random viewers.

9. Veteran
    Canada

My mom liked Azerbaijan and Israel.
    Isabella, LadyKiller and PashonFruit are Charlie's angels... and I'm Charlie!

10. Senior Member
    Germany

I got my friends who are really average viewers (read: they only watch the ESC final) to view a compilation video of this year's participants. Their favourites so far are Denmark, Greece, Czech Republic and Albania
    The day is my enemy,
    the night my friend.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast